Marijana Veljovic (born in 1981) is a Serbian Chair Umpire and Famous Personality from Kragujevac. On January 28, 2020, she grabbed huge attention during the ongoing Australian Open.
On Tuesday, Marijana did judgment on the match between Roger Federer (Swiss professional tennis player) and Tennys Sandgren (American professional tennis player).
Furthermore, Roger defeated him of USA 6-3, 2-6, 2-6, 7-6, 6-3 in the quarter-finals. The event took place at the Rod Laver Arena. In fact, the match lasted for more than three hours.
Roger Federer’s Code Violation & Marijana Veljovic Controversy
The young chair umpire stole the show at the Australian Open on January 28, 2020. The internet personality also garnered immense fame and her picture went viral on the internet.
As per the source, Veljovic also reached the top position when people searched her on Google. Moreover, she even topped on terms related to the chair umpire on Google Trends.
The audience appreciated when Marijana Veljovic called a code violation on Roger Federer for an audible obscenity. She took the decision after the umpire heard him using an R-rated German word.
Later, the superstar player also spotted arguing with the calm and collected Marijana. The umpire has been praised on various social media for standing up to one of the best tennis players in the world.
After using the bad remark, she called the code of violation on him. He asked her what did he say but Veljovic replied that she couldn’t repeat the words. She stood strongly on her call and didn’t change her decision. Roger Federer admitted to swearing in two different languages in a post-match conference.
|Real Full Birth Name||Marijana Veljovic.|
|Went Viral on the internet||for calling a code violation on Roger Federer for an audible obscenity.|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||38 years old.|
|Date of Birth||1981.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Current Residence||Kragujevac, Serbia.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marijana_veljovic/?
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 62 Kg.
Pounds: 136 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||36-26-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Name not available.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||II kragujevacka gimnazija.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Ryan Gosling.
Actress: Emma Stone.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Bali.|
|Love to do||Reading, Watching Movies and Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500K US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Marijana Veljovic
- The Umpire was born to her father and mother in 1981 in Kragujevac, Serbia. Hence, Marijana Veljovic’s age is 38 years old, as of 2019. But there are no details about her birthdate.
- She completed her school education from II kragujevacka gimnazija.
- However, there is no information about her early life, parents, college education, and family on the internet.
- In 2015, she received a gold-badge for umpiring.
- Marijana worked as an ITF umpire and officiated the 2018 Australian Open Women’s Singles final.
- Later, Veljovic officiated the 2019 Wimbledon Championships Women’s Singles final as well as Fed Cup Final 2019.
- How tall: Marijana Veljovic stands an impressive height of 5 ft 10 in (178 cm tall) with a modest build.
- She workouts five days a week and maintains her weight which is around 136 lbs (62 kg).
- The talented chair Tennis umpire never mentioned anything about her husband, boyfriend and love life on the internet.