Mary Berry (born March 24, 1935) is a British TV Presenter and Food Writer from Bath (United Kingdom). In fact, she has written more than 75 books in her career. Her real name is Mary Rosa Alleyne Hunnings. The name of Ms. Hunnings first book is “The Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook (1970)”. Her best-selling book is the “Baking Bible” (2009).
On the other hand, she hosted different cookery based TV shows. Furthermore, Mary is a contributor to the Saturday Hour and Woman’s Kitchen. She has also judged “The Great British Bake-off” reality show aired on BBC since 2010.
Moreover, she inspired to start her career in cooking from her Domestic Science class. Her teacher Ms. Date supported her to be a cook. Mary first dish created during her class is treacle sponge pudding. Her father appreciated her cooking skills.
Profile, Parents & Early Life
This Food Expert was born on the 24th of March 1935 in Bath, United Kingdom (UK). Now, Mary Berry’s age is 83 years old. Furthermore, she is the daughter of Alleyne William Steward Berry (father) and Marjorie Berry (mother). Her dad served as the Mayor of Bath in 1952 and involved in the establishment of the University of Bath.
However, Mary’s mom died in 2011. She suffered from polio at the age of 13 and hospitalized for three months. Apart from that, Mary attended Bath High School. She earned a degree in Institutional Management and Catering from Bath Institute of Management.
Later on, Ms. Berry went to France to attend Le Cordon School. In 1966, Mary married to Paul John March Hunnings. Meanwhile, they have three children Thomas Alleyne March Hunnings, Annabel Mary March Hunnings, and William John March Hunnings. Though, William died in a car accident in 1989.
|Full Birth Name||Mary Rosa Alleyne Hunnings.|
|Profession||TV Presenter & Food Writer.|
|Age (As of 2018)||Eighty-three (83) years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||March 24, 1935.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Bath (United Kingdom, UK).|
|Current Residence||Bath (United Kingdom, UK).|
|Famous for||Writing the bestseller cook book “Baking Bible” (2009).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 4".
Centimeters: 163 cm.
Meters: 1.63 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-25-34.|
|Shoe Size (US)||7.|
|Parents||Father: Alleyne William Steward Berry.
Mother: Marjorie Berry.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Husband & Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married (Since 1966).|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Paul John March Hunnings.|
|Son||Thomas Alleyne March Hunnings & William John March Hunnings (Dead).|
|Daughter||Annabel Mary March Hunnings.|
|Highest Qualification||1. Graduate in Institutional Management and Catering from Bath Institute of Management.
|School||Bath High School.|
|College/ University||1. Bath Institute of Management.
2. Le Cordon School.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Robert Downey.
Actress: Jennifer Aniston.
|Dream Holiday Destination||New Zealand & Paris.|
|Love to do||Shopping, and Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Fries, and Salad.|
|Net Asset (approx.)||$2 Million US Dollars (As of 2018).|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Not Known.|
|Email Address||Will update soon.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Mary Berry (Food Writer)
- Mary’s first job is at the Bath electricity board showroom.
- Then, Paul’s spouse worked for the Dutch Dairy Bureau.
- She joined as recipe tester at the Benson’s PR firm.
- In fact, the 83-year-old cooked for Flour Advisory Board and The Egg Council.
- After that, she becomes the editor of Housewife magazine.
- She appointed as the Bath Spa University’s first president in 2012.
Read Also: Bio Profile of Ezra Miller & his Interesting Trivia
- At the same time, Ms. Berry featured in two shows such as Mary Berry Cooks and The Great British Food Revival.
- Furthermore, she is honored with the Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBS) award for her contribution in culinary arts.
- She opened Chesham Grammar School Food Tech kitchen in the September 2017.
- Mary is the presenter of BBC One shows Mary Berry’s Country House Secrets.
- Additionally, she has also received “Outstanding Achievement Award” by Specsavers National Book Awards in the year 2015.