Matt Barrie (born in 1989) is an American ESPN Host from Scottsdale, Arizona (USA). He joined the ESPN channel as the sportscaster. Furthermore, Barrie anchored in the “SportsCenter: AM” program.
He gave his controversial comments on Steve Ensminger (LSU Tiger Offensive Coordinator). However, Steve shared the sad news of his daughter-in-law Carley McCord‘s death. He told in his interview that McCord worked as a freelance sportscaster.
Carley McCord’s husband is Steven Ensminger Jr. is also upset with Matt’s controversial comment.
The death happened due to the plane crash in Lafayette on December 28, 2019. Matt described the dead as a distraction. Then, he trolled for his comments on social media. He regretted his observations and criticism from the people.
Early Life, Parents & Education
Matt Barrie was born in 1989 (age 30 years, as in 2019) in Scottsdale. There is no information available from his father, mother, and siblings. Barrie graduated with decent grades in high school.
Then, he enrolled in the B.A. (Broadcast Journalism) course Walter Cronkite School of Journalism (Arizona State University). He actively appeared in the extra activities and events organized in the college.
Personal Life, Spouse & Children
On June 26, 2019, the wedding bells rang for him. He tied the knot with Ashley Monts Barrie. Only a few friends and close relatives attended the ceremony. Furthermore, Matt Barrie dated Ashley for nine years. They revealed their “couple goals” from the pictures.
This weekend we celebrate #ESPN40 anniversary with a new series of “This Is @SportsCenter” commercials! Enjoy “Putter Wipe,” with: @BKoepka, @elleduncanESPN and me. To be continued… pic.twitter.com/zPCd1uyb8w
— Matt Barrie (@MattBarrie) September 6, 2019
|Full Real Birth Name||Matt Barrie.|
|In the News For||He commented on Steve Ensminger daughter-in-law death.|
|Age (As of 2019)||30 years old.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Scottdale, Arizona (USA).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|House In||Bristol, Connecticut (United States).|
|Social Media Account Presence||Instagram: instagram.com/mattbarrieespn.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 68 Kg.
Pounds: 149 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Will Update Soon.
Mother: Not Known.
|Siblings||Will Update Soon.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married Since 2019.|
|Girlfriend||Ashley Monts Barrie.|
|Wife Name||Ashley Monts Barrie.|
|Highest Qualification||Earned BA (Journalism) Degree.|
|School||High School in Scottsdale.|
|Alma Mater.||Walter Cronkite School of Journalism (Arizona State University).|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Emma Stone.
|Dream Travel Destination||Malaysia.|
|Love to do||Reading Books.|
|Favorite Food||Fried Rice & Pizza.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$1 Million.|
|Annual Earnings & Income||$400,000 US Dollars.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Matt Barrie
- He did the live coverage of Cowboys, Mavericks, and Rangers.
- Matt Barrie’s net worth estimated $1 Million US Dollars. Furthermore, his annual income through his job is $400K.
- In 2003-2005, he did sports hosting at the KSWO-TV, Lawota (Okla).
- He was the former anchor in the KXAS, NBC5 (Dallas).
- During his career, he has won 3 Edward R. Murrow Journalism and 11 Emmy Awards.
- He co-hosted “The Team” and “Matt and Tim Show”.
- “The Team” show received the highest ratings in the Columbian market.
- Furthermore, his first job was at WJFM-T (Wausau).
- Ashley’s husband’s height is 5 feet 8 inches, and weight is 68 Kilograms.
- He usually shares about his lifestyle on Instagram #mattbarrieespn.
- On the other hand, he also hosts a podcast, i.e., “Matty and The Caddie.”
- Matt comes on the show “ESPN College Football Thursday Primetime,” along with college analysts Joey Galloway and Jesse Palmer.