Meera Chopra is a successful Indian film actress, and Actress who has started her career in south cinema after getting success in the south she moved to Bollywood. She is known for her performance in “Vaana” and Hindi movie “Section 375”. She is one of the rare artists who have worked in five languages Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada.
Meera Chopra was born on 8 July 1983 in New Delhi. She is Indian. Sudesh Chopra is her father. Neelam Chopra is her mother. Her sister’s name is Timsy Chopra and her brother’s name is Vikram Chopra. She is Hindu by her religion.
Her nickname is Nila. She is a second cousin of Bollywood actresses and Priyanka Chopra and a Parneeti Chopra and Mannara Chopra. She shares a good bonding with Priyanka Chopra.
In May 2020, 2 thieves stole the phone of her father Sudesh Chopra. This incident happened while he was walking in the police colony near his house in New Delhi. 2 men came suddenly and showed him a knife to snatch his mobile phone. Meera has also tweeted about this case on her official Twitter accountTwitter.
— meera chopra (@MeerraChopra) May 5, 2020
She is one of the good education actresses of cinema. Meera Chopra has done her schooling in Delhi. She has done her graduation with English honors from Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa College New Delhi.
After this, she went to Saginaw Valley; State University Saginaw, Michigan, The United State for her post-graduation is in Mass Communication.
As per some media reports she was in a relationship with her boyfriend Sumit Bhutan. He was a married man.
His wife “Ruchi Bhutan” committed suicide; police registered the case against Meera Chopra and Sumit Bhutan.
At that time one diary was found and in this Ruchi Bhutan (Sumit Bhutan’s spouse) mention that Meera Chopra was forcing her husband to give divorce her. But, she did not confirm this news.
Apart from that, she also has affairs with her co-actor Sachiin Joshi in 2016. However, this couple later broke up.
In 2020, she dated her new rumored lover Munna S. (professional photographer). In addition, she has shared many photos of her partner over her Instagram account.
Many people think assumed that Meera is the mother of daughters “Kaina Chopra” & “Kia Chopra”. She has also spotted much time along with Kiana Chopra and Kia Chopra. But, according to our research, they are nieces of Chopra.
Full Real Birth Name: Meera Chopra.
Profession: Actress & Model.
Date of Birth (DOB): July 8, 1983.
Place of Birth: New Delhi, India.
Age: 37 years old (as of 2020).
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio.
Caste: Punjabi Khatri.
Residence: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Debut Tamil Film: Anbe Aaruyire (Played role of Nila, 2005).
Debut Hindi Movie: Gang of Ghosts (as Teena, 2014).
Father: Sudesh Chopra.
Mother: Neelam Chopra.
Brother: Vikram Chopra.
Sister: Timsy Chopra.
Cousins: Mannara Chopra, Priyanka Chopra & Parineeti Chopra.
- Feet & Inches: 5’ 4”.
- Centimeters: 163 cm.
- Meters: 1.63 m.
- Kilograms: 54 kg.
- Pounds: 119 lbs.
Figure Measurements (Breast-Waist-Hips): 33″ 27″ 35″.
- Eye Color: Dark Brown.
- Hair Color: Black.
- Hair Length: Medium.
- Shoe size (US): 6.
- Dress size: 8.
Highest Qualification: Graduate.
School: Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai.
Alma Mater: Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Khalsa College in New Delhi & Saginaw Valley State University, Michigan, USA.
Marital Status: Not Married.
- Sachiin Joshi.
- Sumit Bhutan.
Instagram: @meerachopra (with more than 413K+ followersInstagram).
Net worth: Rs. 1.5 Crores Indian Rupees.
Physical Statistics & More
Meera Chopra’s height is 5 feet 4 inches (1.63 m) tall. Her weight is about 54 KG. Her measurements are 33-27-35 and she has black hair and deep black eyes. Her bra size is 33B. Her hip and waist size is 27 inches and 32 inches respectively.
Th maintain her fitness, she follows Yoga. In addition, she hit 5 days a week to the gym to workout.
Career & Filmography
She started her career in 2005 from the Kollywood movie and the name of the movie is Anbe Aaruyire. Her character’s name is Madhu. The Co actor of this movie is S J Surya and this movie is an all-time blockbuster. After this movie, she signed in Telugu movie Pawan Kalyan. She has worked in MS Raju’s film “Vaana”.
Meera Chopra has played the lead role of Nandini. She got lots of appreciation for her performance but after this movie, she left the south industry. When she left the south industry at that time she was at the peak.
After leaving the south industry, she has come to Bollywood. She has got her first opportunity from Vikram Bhatt and her first movie which she has signed that is 1920 London and in this movie, she worked with Sharman Joshi.
She played the character of princess Shivangi in this who has to struggle almost to make her husband free from evil. She has done many Bollywood movies like Satish Kaushik’s “Gang of Ghosts” which was produced by Venus.
In 2019, she worked in Section 375 along with Akshaye Khanna and Richa Chaddha. The plot of this was very different like as this girl was accused of raping a boy and Meera Chopra played the character of Anjali Dangle who raped Rohan Khurana and this role is played by Rahul Bhat. This was a critically acclaimed movie.
Hobbies & Favorite Things
She loves to play and watch Cricket matches in her free time.
She is fond of suffering on social media handles like Facebook, Instagram as well as watching movies.
She is a great admirer of Bollywood actor Salman Khan and actresses Sushmita Sen and Bipasha Basu. She is also a junk food lover.
She has spent her quarantine period playing chess along with her friends.
Some Interesting facts about Meera Chopra
- She has no healthy relationship with her cousin Parneeti Chopra. In one interview Parneeti was asked about Meera Chopra she said the “She is not my cousin, after that this question was asked to Meera then she replied “I cannot answer this question. It is better to ask her (Parneeti Chopra) why she said so”.
- She always admires her cousin Priyanka Chopra but she also mentions in her interview that “she never asked Priyanka for help” but as cousins, they both are always there for each other”.
- She is among few celebrities who spoke openly about the suicide of “Sushant Singh Rajput”. She wrote an apology letter to Sushant Singh Rajput on her Instagram and she has revealed the darker side of this so call film industry and she got lots of support from her fan.
- She is very close to Kia Chopra and Kiana Chopra.
- On Instagram live session with her fans, she was asked about “who is her favorite actor in the south” she said “Her favorite actor is Mahesh Babu” then somebody asked her about “Junior NTR”. She said “I don’t know him” when she said the fans of Junior NTR got angry and they threaten her very badly and dirty and abusive language was used against her. At this time got “30.000 abuses”. After this, she files the case again the fans of Junior NTR. This controversy has created lots of buzzes. She said that social media has become a scary place.
- Meera Chopra won the award of an iconic daring actor of the year for her movie Section 375.
- She is not a gym lover at all. But, to maintain her fitness, she forcefully workout in the gym.
- Before entering the cinema, she worked on the NDTV channel as a programmer executive.
- She has more than 413 k followers on Twitter.
- On 26 may she has participated in an active chat on the show coffee with founder along with Arjun Bajwa and Sakshi Bakshi.
- She also worked in an English movie by the name of “ONE”.
- In March 2020, she has bought a new 3-BHK apartment at Lokhandwala.
- She was supported to Vikram Bhatt when KRK (kamal Rashid khan) used abusive language about her and director Vikram Bhatt as well as Vikram Bhatt filed a defamation case against KRK. She denies the entire allegation which was made by KRK against her.
- Her net worth is approximately Rs. 1.5 crores Indian rupees, as of 2020.
- She likes to be active on social media handles and she chats with her fans live from time to time.
References [ + ]