Mehdi Hasan (born in July 1979) is a British Broadcaster, Political Journalist and Editor based in Swindon (UK). He also worked as the Political Editor of the UK version of “The Huffington Post”. Later on, he moved to “Al Jazeera” as the broadcaster. In fact, he has presented English shows like UpFront and The Café, Head to Head.
Mehdi is working with Al Jazeera in Washington DC since 2015. He is the host of the Deconstructed Podcast on “The Intercept” investigate journal. On the other hand, he is the regular contributor to “The Guardian” and “New Stateman”.
Furthermore, Mr. Hasan has written articles related to war and political issues in Iran and Iraq. He belongs to the Shia Muslim community. Moreover, he wrote different articles related to Islam.
In one of his articles of April 2012, he described the obsessed British Muslims. After that, he gave a brief description in “The Intercept” about the Middle East-born Muslim turning terrorists. Hasan also stated that the media should cover honest and useful news. During the Question Time of BBC, he focused on the accusation related to Muslim smearing.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
This UK based Political Journalist was born in the month of July 1979 in Swindon (United Kingdom, UK). Now, Mehdi Hasan’s age is around 39 years old. He received his early education from Merchant Taylor’s School, Hertfordshire (London).
After that, he received his graduate degree in Economics, Philosophy, and Economics from Christ Church, University of London. However, not much has known about his family.
He married to the longtime friend in London. Mehdi has two kids i.e. a son and daughter with his wife. On the other hand, Hasan is popular due to controversies and outspoken nature.
|Real Full Birth Name||Mehdi Raza Hasan.|
|Profession||Broadcaster, Political Journalist & Editor.|
|Age (As of 2018)||39 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||July 1979.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Swindon (United Kingdom, UK).|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Cancer.|
|Current Residence||Washington DC, USA.|
|Famous for||Broadcastor and Editor of Al Jazeera English.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 62 Kg.
Pounds: 136 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||40-35-37.|
|Shoe Size (US)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Name not found.
Mother: Will Update Soon.
Sister: 1 Sis.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||In a relationship with college friend.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Not Found.|
|Son||Will Update Soon.|
|Daughter||One Daughter (Name Not Known).|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate in Economics, Philosophy, and Economics from Christ Church, University of London.|
|School||Merchant Taylor’s School, Hertfordshire (London).|
|Alma Mater.||Christ Church, University of London.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Johnny Depp.
Actress: Jennifer Aniston.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Moscow.|
|Love to do||Reading Books.|
|Food Habits||Chinese Dishes.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$3.5 US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Not Known.|
Some Facts about Mehdi Hasan (Al Jazeera English Broadcaster)
- His full real birth name is Mehdi Raza Hasan.
- Mehdi started working on the programme named LWT’s “Jonathan Dimbleby”.
- In fact, he joined as a researcher and producer.
- He hosted “The Political Show” of BBC and Sky’s show “Sunrise”.
- Then, the 39-year-old went to Channel 4 appointed as the Editor.
- He actively participated in the debates organized by Oxford Union related to Islam.
- In his journalism career, he raised issues like racial discrimination related to the Trump administration.
- He went six times in the Question Programme by BBC.
- Moreover, Mr. Hasan joined the UK version of The Huffington Post in 2012.
- He recognized for his Sunday shows like “Sunday Morning Live” and “Big Questions”.
- Furthermore, he debuted with Bernie Sanders with his first podcast.
- During 2009 in a Sermon, he gave a controversial speech related to the Quran.
Read Also: Biography of Nikki DeLamotte & her Personal Affairs
- It has created a feeling of hatred among the Muslim extremists.
- Additionally, Mehdi honored with the British Muslim Awards on January 2014.
- He authored books like “Ed: The Milibands and the making of a Labour leader” and “Summer of Unrest: The Debt Delusion: Exposing ten Tory myths about debts, deficits and spending cuts”.