Melanie Martinez (born April 28, 1995) is an American Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Director, Writer, and Instagram Star from Astoria, New York. She initially rose to prominence after participating in the singing reality show “The Voice” season 3 in 2012.
Later, the singer released her first single track “Dollhouse” on February 9, 2014. Recently, On September 06, 2019, Melanie made her debut as an actress, director, and writer with the movie “K-12“.
It is a fantasy, horror, and musical film based on a story about two girls. In the project, the lead characters start a mission to bring down the severe schooling system of K-12. Martinez portrayed the role of Cry Baby.
In fact, the other main character played by actress Emma Harvey (as Angelita). Some of the other recurring casts of K-12 are Zión Moreno, Megan Gage, Natalia Toth, Zinnett Hendrix, Adrian Jurics, Gergely Kiss, Jesy McKinney, Maggie Budzyna, etc.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
K-12 Actress, Melanie Martinez was born on the 28th of April 1995 (age 24 years old) in Astoria, New York, United States.
Her father name is Chris Martinez and mother name is Mery Martinez. She completed her school education and graduated from Baldwin High School.
Career, Discography, Appearances & Net worth
As an artist, Melanie signed her first contract with the record label named Atlantic Records on April 7, 2014. She published her first Extended Play titled “Dollhouse” on May 19, 2014, with the label.
The single track from the EP “Carousel” received gold certification by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). The song also featured in a preview for FX’s miniseries “American Horror Story: Freak Show”.
On June 1, 2015, Martinez’s other gold-certified single “Pity Party” published. Then, the same year, the singer came up with a successful studio album “Cry Baby”.
On September 6, 2019, the actress published her second album “K-12” alongside its accompanying film. Some of her other popular songs are Sippy Cup, Mad Hatter, Mrs. Potato Head, Pacify Her, Soap.
In 2019, the accumulated Melanie Martinez’s Net worth is $1 million US Dollars. The artist also collaborated with “Lime Crime, Inc.” to release two “exclusive” lipsticks.
|Real Full Birth Name||Melanie Adele Martinez.|
|Profession||Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Director & Writer.|
|Famous for||her movie K-12.|
|Age (As of 2019)||24 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||April 28, 1995.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Astoria, New York, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Bisexual.|
|Ethnicity||Multiracial (Dominican and Puerto Rican descent).|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Taurus.|
|Current Residence||Los Angeles, California, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/littlebodybigheart/
|Debut||Film: K-12 (2019, as Cry Baby).
TV Show: The Voice (2012, as herself).
Short Movie: --
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 2".
Centimeters: 158 cm.
Meters: 1.58 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 45 Kg.
Pounds: 99 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-25-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Jose Martinez.
Mother: Mery Martinez.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||1. Love Affair with her ex-boyfriend Michael Keenan Leary.
2. also dated her girlfriend Timothy Heller.
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate.|
|School||Baldwin High School.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Rapper: Tupac Shakur.
SIngers: Brandy, Britney Spears, and Shakira.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Singing, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Pizza, Fries & Ice Cream.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$1 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Melanie Martinez
- The singer first competed in the “MSG” Varsity Talent Show in 2012 but got eliminated in the second.
- Martinez auditioned and sang Britney Spears’s “Toxic” song in the Voice show.
- In fact, three of the four judges, CeeLo Green, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton hit the “I Want You” button.
- The talented artist chose Adam as her mentor in the reality show.
- Unfortunately, Melanie was eliminated by audience vote in week five along with Amanda Brown.
- On October 25, 2016, she released a new fragrance called “Cry Baby Perfume Milk”.
- Martinez announced that she is bisexual many years ago.
- As of relationship, the actress had an affair with her ex-boyfriend “Michael Keenan Leary” (producer and songwriter).
- In fact, they also worked together for songs like “Milk and Cookies”, “Pacify Her”, and “Play Date”.
- Later, she had romantic links with her ex-girlfriend “Timothy Heller” (musical artist).
- On December 4, 2017, Heller post a message on Twitter where she claimed that Melanie had sexually assaulted and raped her.
- However, the singer later revealed that she never did anything without Timothy’s consent and her fans also supported her.
- Her song “piggyback” was the response of Heller’s fake accusations.
- The K-12 Director, Melanie Martinez’s height is 5 Feet 2 Inches (158 centimeters tall).
- She also follows a healthy and strict diet in order to maintain her sexy and slim figure. Her estimated body weight is 45 kilograms (99 pounds).