Mohammed Riyas (born in 1976) is an Indian Politician from Calicut (Kerala, India). He serves on the Presidential position of the Democratic Youth and Federation of India (DYFI). In 2009 elections, he contested for the 2009 Lok Sabha Elections as the CPI candidate from the Kozhikode constituency.
In his political career, he associated with the Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI), Student’s Federation of India (SFI), and Centre of India and Trade Unions (CITU)Wikipedia.
Police Arrest, Anti-CAA Rally & Protests
He is among the political personalities who opposed the implementation of CAA in India. However, he arrested in Maharashtra and Delhi for taking part in the demonstration against the controversial CAA bill.
Riyas raised his voice against the Mangalore police firing on the protestors. He requested the judiciary to take strict action on the police officers.
On January 6, 2020, he and his one-lakh supporters gathered around the Calicut beach to protest against CAA. He laid emphasis on secularism and his continuous struggle to save the Indian constitution.
Childhood, Parents & Education
P.A. Mohammed Riyas was born in 1976 in Calicut, Kerala. His age (as of 2020) is around 44 years old. Riyas’ father P. M. Abdul Khader retired as an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer. Still, no updates are available about his mother.
His uncle named P. K. Moideenkutty was the Former President of the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee in 1941. He completed his school studies at the St. Joseph Boys High School.
Then, he joined the Farook College, Calicut and finished his pre-degree studies. He continued his B.com degree education from the same college. Mohammed earned a law degree from the Government Law College, Kozhikode.
Wedding with Veena Vijayan & Children
The name of his ex-wife is Dr. Sameeha Saithalavi (Former Syndicate Member, Calicut University). Mohammed Riyas and Sameeha wedded in 2012. Later on, the couple filed divorce and separated in 2015. They have two sons whose names not known.
On June 15, 2020, Mohammed is all set to marry his wife Veena Vijayan. The wedding will take place in Thiruvananthapuram.
Veena is Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan’s daughter. It is the second marriage of her and her new spouse Riyas. News18 team published the news, wedding date “June 15, 2020”, and venue of Veena Vijayan’s weddingNews18.
|Full Birth Name||P.A. Mohammed Riyas.|
|Famous For||His wedding with Veena Vijayan (Pinarayi Vijayan's Daughter) on June 15, 2020.|
|Profession||1. CPI Member.
2. President, Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI).
|Age (As of 2020)||44 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1976.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Hometown/Birthplace||Calicut (Kerala, India).|
|Last Updated||10 June 2020 (©️ Copyright - dreshare.com)|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||NA.|
|House In||New Delhi, India.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Twitter:https://twitter.com/riyasdyfi (8.5K followers).
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/PAMuhammadRiyas (256K Likes).
|YouTube Channel||Adv. PA Mohamed Riyas (900 Subscribers).|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 73 Kg.
Pounds: 160 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.5.|
|Parents||Father: P. M. Abdul Khader (Retired IPS Officer).
Mother: Not Known.
|Relatives||Uncle: P. K. Moideenkutty (Former President, Kerala Pradesh Congress President).|
|Highest Qualification||1. B.com degree Farook College.
2. LLB from Government Law College, Kozhikode.
|School||St. Joseph Boys High School.|
|College/University||1. Farook College.
2. Government Law College, Kozhikode.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not Disclosed.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Dr. Sameeha Saithalavi (m. 2012; div. 2015).|
|Son||Two Sons (Name Not Known).|
Some Interesting Facts about Mohammed Riyas
- During his school days, he was an active member of the Student Federation of India (SFI).
- In Class 8th, he appointed as the President of the SFI Unit Committee and in the next year became the unit secretary.
- He showed his leadership skills and presence in the Farook College too. Furthermore, he handled the duties of the Unit President and Secretary of SFI in his pre-degree and college.
- Mohammed associated with the Democratic Youth Federation of India. He began his career in the DYFI by holding offices in the cities like Kottooly, Kottaparamaba, and Muthalakkulam.
- He selected as the Secretary of the DYFI Kozhikode District Committee.
- In 2016, he took the charge of the DYFI joint secretary and became the All India President in 2017.
- Riyas got the membership of the Communist Party Marxist in 1993.
- He was the branch secretary of the Kottaparamba Unit.
- Mohammed then became the district and state member of the CPI in the past years.
- He defeated by the K. Raghavan (Congress Leader) in Lok Sabha elections 2009 from the Kozhikode seat. In addition to this, he lost from 800 votes. He moved to the Kerala High Court in 2010 on the issues of the dummy candidates. Still, the honorable court dismissed his petition.
- Muhammed Riyas is the former Area President (Motor and Engineering Works Union) Centre of Indian Trade Unions, Kozhikode (2011-2016).
- From 2013-2016, he took the presidential duties of the Auto Workers Union Kozhikode.
- He formed his official accounts on Twitter and Facebook.
- Riyas maintained his YouTube channel (900 subscribers) and published his speeches and videos.
- Muhammed’s height is 5 feet 8 inches (173 in Centimeters) and body weight is 73 Kilograms (160 in Pounds).
- Veena is the Director of IT Company in Bengaluru.
References [ + ]