Nancy Pelosi (born March 26, 1940) is an American Politician from Baltimore (Maryland, USA). Now, she is elected as the speaker of the US House of Representatives. Nancy entered in the active politics after moving to San Francisco. She is the good friend of Philip Burton (5th District California Congressman).
Moreover, she holds the post in the Democratic National Committee in 1976. On the other hand, her full real birth name is Nancy Patricia Pelosi.
Ms. Pelosi gets the party chair from North California. However, her friend Mr. Burton died in 1983. Philip’s spouse Sala succeeds him as the 5th District Congress. Though, Sala suffered from cancer and left politics. After that, Nancy took her position.
Career & Politics Journey to US Speaker
She contested her first election from San Francisco against Harry Britt. As a result, she won the election from a narrow margin. Moreover, she holds the safest seat of USA. Therefore, Pelosi does not fund to invest for the election campaign.
In the US History, she is the first woman to be the speaker. Additionally, Nancy served as the speaker in the Senate from 2007 to 2011. Presently, she is the senior member of the Democratic Party.
Nancy and Chuck Schumer (Senate Minority Leader) laughs on the Twitter post of Trump. In fact, the US President is on the visit to Oval. At that time, he made humor remarks on the border wall construction.
Early Life, Profile & Parents
This US Speaker was born on the 26th of March 1940 in Baltimore (Maryland, USA). Presently, Nancy Pelosi’s age is 78 years old. She belongs to the Italian-American family.
Nancy is the only daughter of Thomas D’Alesandro Jr (father) and Annunciata M. “Nancy” D’Alesandro (mother). In fact, she has grown with her seven siblings. Nancy’s parents are active in politics too.
Her dad has served as the senator of Maryland and Mayor of Baltimore. She attended the girls’ high school named Institute Notre Dame. Later on, she moved to the Trinity College, Washington DC for her BA in Political Science.
Personal Affairs, Boyfriend & Children
Nancy met her husband Paul Frank Pelosi in the Trinity College. Then, they married on September 7, 1963, at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen.
They moved to New York. After that, the couple lived in San Francisco. Paul and Nancy have five children. Their three daughters are Nancy Corrine, Christine, and Jacqueline.
In fact, the pair is mom-dad of two sons Alexandra and Paul. Presently, Nancy resides in Pacific Height, San Francisco.
[table “2973” not found /]
Some Lesser Known Facts about Nancy Pelosi
- Nancy quickly involved in politics as she grew in the political background.
- She has attended the speech of John F. Kennedy (Former President) in 1961.
- In fact, she is in her 17th term of the congressional representative.
- Paul’s wife worked as a House of Minority Leader and Speaker twice.
- Furthermore, she opposed the Iraq war during Bush’s rule in 2005.
- She comes forward in the support of health and consumer protection acts.
- Currently, the approximate Net worth of Nancy Pelosi is $30 Million US Dollars during 2019.
- Pelosi is among the wealthy politicians of USA.
Read Also: Wikipedia Profile of Andrea Kelly & Personal Trivia
- Additionally, she owns the vineyards in San Francisco and California.
- The 78-year-old speaker is the relative of Marc Pelosi (Soccer Player).
- Nancy and Paul hold the stock of Apple, Walt Disney and Facebook.
- She made a movie “Journeys with George” on the presidential campaign.
- Then, Pelosi wrote the book “Campaign Boot Camp: Basic Training for Future Leaders”.
- It reflects her journey as the Democratic leader in USA Politics.