Neal Casal (born November 02, 1968 – died August 26, 2019) was an American Singer, Musician, Photographer, Songwriter, and Guitarist from Denville, New Jersey. He rose to prominence for being the lead guitarist in a band “Blackfoot” from 1988-1993.
As an artist, Neal also remained a member of Ryan Adams’ backing band “the Cardinals”. He played various instruments like guitar, piano, and drums in the group from 2005 until 2009.
According to Wikipedia, Casal also released his three studio albums during his stay in the Cardinals. His recent project work was his solo album named “Sweeten the Distance” which came out in 2011.
On August 26, 2019, Neal passed away at the age of 50. According to a source, the singer died after taking his own. But the reason for his suicide is not yet released by the authorities on the internet.
Music Career, Shows & Various Appearances
In 1990, the singer started his career as a solo artist and worked for three years in Los Angeles, New York, and New Jersey. In 1994, Casal signed his first record deal with “Zoo Entertainment“. Later, the celebrity recorded his debut album “Fade Away Diamond Time” in September 1994.
In addition, in 1997, Neal began to work with the Glitterhouse Records label. The singer released five projects such as “Field Recordings” and “The Sun Rises Here“. From 2000 to 2019, the late artist published various albums like Anytime Tomorrow, Ran On Pure Lightning, Maybe California, Leaving Traces, etc.
In 2005, Casal joined Ryan Adams and The Cardinals. As a photographer, he made debut in 2005 after releasing his exhibition on his third Japanese tour. His 2009’s album “Roots and Wings” included musicians like Johnathan Rice, Jeff Hill, Jon Graboff, Greg Leisz, etc.
On March 6, 2019, Neal joined the Chris Robinson Brotherhood. Some of his other appearances are in Neal Casal: Anytime Tomorrow (documentary) and Starsky & Hutch (as voice coach).
The accumulated Neal Casal’s Net worth was $5 million US Dollars. In 2010, the late singer released a photo book called “Ryan Adams & the Cardinals: A View of Other Windows” which documented his time with the band.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Neal Casal.|
|Profession||Singer, Musician, Photographer, Songwriter, and Guitarist.|
|Famous for||being the lead guitar with Rickey Medlocke's Blackfoot from 1988-1993.|
|Age (As of 2018)||50 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||November 02, 1968.|
|Date of Death||August 26, 2019.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Denville, New Jersey, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Scorpio.|
|House In||California, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nealcasal/?
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6' 0".
Centimeters: 183 cm.
Meters: 1.83 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 78 Kg.
Pounds: 171 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-34-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Names are not available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||not Known.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors degree.|
|School||West Carleton Secondary School.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Elvis Presley (American singer) and Angelina Jolie (American actress).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$5 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Neal Casal
- Biography: Guitarist Neal Casal was born on the 2nd November 1968 (aged 50 years old, as of 2019) in Denville, New Jersey, United States.
- He never mentioned anything about his parents, early life, education, and siblings on the internet.
- He also recorded “Rain, Wind, and Speed” and released by Buy or Die Records after parting ways with Zoo Records in 1996.
- In the early days of his career, Casal released the self-produced album “Basement Dreams” in 1998.
- It also named as the “Americana Album of the Year” in Mojo magazine.
- In fact, Railroad Earth’s 2002 album named “Bird in a House” also featured a cover version of his track “Dandelion Wine”.
- Casal provided his photography work for “Tambourine” (Tift Merritt’s second record).
Have a look: Who is Dave Chappelle? His Story, Lifestyle & Information
- Moreover, the photographer exhibited his photography at the Bauhaus Gallery in January 2008 in Tokyo.
- As of relationship, Neal remained very private with his personal life. It is not known whether he married in his life or not. but some sources claimed that Casal had no wife and children.
- His amazing photographs also appeared in publications like Mojo, Harp, USA Today, Rolling Stone, and Spin.