Neelum Sharma (born in 1969 – died August 17, 2019) is an Indian News Anchor, Journalist, Media Personality and Reporter from Delhi, India. She served for DD News channel as an Anchor. Furthermore, she was among the top reporters in the 90s era.
Neelum anchored the primetime shows on the Prashar Bharati’s channel. Her other flagship programs are Ehaas, Tejaswini, and Charcha Mein. Usually, she wore a traditional Indian sari on her programs. However, Sharma death cause is breast cancer.
Journalist Neelam Sharma took medical treatment from Delhi’s hospital. Though, the Doordarshan team disclosed the information about Neelum death. She found dead on August 17, 2019. At that time, her team remembered 20 years of service for the channel.
She motivated the young journalists of India. Ms. Sharma created more than 60 documentaries in her lifetime. Still, this is the sad moment for her family. She stayed in Noida city in her final days.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Profile
DD News Television Reporter, Neelum Sharma was born in the year 1969 (age 50 years old, at the time of her death in August 2019) in Delhi, India. Additionally, her father served in the government service. Her mom was a typical homemaker.
She completed her Bachelor course at the Lady Shri Ram College for Women. Then, Neelum did a Journalism Diploma from the Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi.
She obtained her postgraduate degree in Journalism too. Therefore, she acquired admission at the Jamia Millia Islamia University (Mass Communication).
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
She married in early 2000. Though, Neelam Sharma’s husband name is not available. Neelum also has a 15-year-old son. She resided with her family in Delhi, India. There are no other details about her boyfriend and affair.
Quick Trivia & Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Neelum Sharma.|
|Profession||Anchor & Journalist at DD News.|
|In The News For||Died due to breast cancer on August 17, 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||50 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1969.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Not Available.|
|Death Date||August 17, 2019.|
|Place||Private Hospital, Noida.|
|Current Residence||Delhi, India.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Centimeters: 165 cm.
Meters: 1.65 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 121 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.5.|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Will Update Soon.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Found.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Name Not Found.|
|Son||Will Update Soon.|
|Highest Qualification||1. Graduate degree from Lady Shri Ram College for Women.
2. Journalism Diploma from Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi.
3. Mass Communication degree from Jamia Millia Islamia University.
|School||Private School, Delhi.|
|Alma Mater.||1. Lady Shri Ram College for Women.
2. Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi.
3. Jamia Millia Islamia University (Mass Communication).
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Shahrukh Khan.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Shimla.|
|Favorite Color||White & Black.|
|Love to do||Reading books and novels.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Dishes.|
|Net worth (approx.)||--|
|Monthly Salary, Income & Earnings||Rs. 50K-Rs. 85K Indian Rupees.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Not Known.|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Neelum Sharma
- Wikipedia: News Anchor, Neelam Sharma did a popular women-oriented show i.e. Tejaswini.
- Moreover, Sharma hosted the Bharatiya Chhatra Sang Annual Event (2012 – 2018).
- She was also the Nari Shakti Puraskar recipient (Highest Women Civilian Award).
- Neelam directed and wrote various shows for the Doordarshan.
- Her award lists include Aadhi Abadi Women Achiever Awards (2010), Media Maharathi (2013) and KPS Gill “Fearless Indian” Award (2017).
- Money Factor: Neelum Sharma received around Rs. 60K – Rs. 85K Indian Rupees monthly salary. Though, her net worth is around Rs. 10 Lakhs Indian Rupees.
Explore More: The Biography of Awez Darbar, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- Additionally, she followed the Hinduism religion, and her caste is Brahmins.
- She also belonged to the Brahmin community.