Neyi Zimu (born in 1970 – died December 4, 2019) is a South African Gospel Singer and Pastor from Johannesburg, South Africa. Furthermore, he made a valuable contribution to the South African music industry.
Zimu is also a dynamic musician. He started his career back in 1996. Moreover, he is the former founder and member of the Family Factory and Joyous Celebration. The top albums composed by him are “The Waiting is Over,” “The Friends in Praise,” “Friends in Praise Vol. 2,” and “The Decade Project Live.”
Additionally, he became successful with his songs “Hamba Name,” “Higher Higher,” “Lamb of God,” and “Come As You Are.” Suddenly, his death news came out on December 4, 2019. The social media accounts flooded with the tributes for the legendary singer.
Still, he suffered from chronic skill disease. His family admitted him to the Busamed Hospital, Modderfontein, Gauteng. Furthermore, he also affected with the rare blood disorder. He struggled for his life but lost the battle and died.
Childhood, Parents & Early Life
Neyi Zimu was born in 1970 (age 49 years) in Johannesburg, South Africa. His brother’s name not available.
However, the missing information from his bio is about his mom and dad. Neyi studied in a government high school. Then, he joined the music industry and left his college studies.
Wedding with Spouse Nellie Sibisi-Zimu & Daughter Sheron Mahlangu
He traditionally wedded with his wife named Nellie Sibisi-Zimu. Furthermore, they tried and made their relationship strong. The couple appeared in the events, award functions and parties. Moreover, Mr. Zimu has one daughter named Sheron Mahlangu.
|Real Full Birth Name||Neyi Zimu.|
|Profession||Gospel Singer and Pastor.|
|In the News For||Died on December 4, 2019 due to skin disease.|
|Date of Birth (DOB)||1970.|
|Age, How old (as of 2019)||49 years.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Johannesburg, South Africa.|
|Zodiac Sign||Not Available.|
|Cause||Rare Blood and Skin Disorder.|
|Place||Busamed Hospital, Modderfontein, Gauteng.|
|House Location||Johannesburg, South Africa.|
|Death Date||December 4, 2019.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 73 Kg.
Pounds: 160 lbs.
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Will Update Soon.
|Siblings||One Brother (Name Not Known).|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Nellie Sibisi-Zimu.|
|Highest Qualification||Dropped out from College.|
|School||Government High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Government School.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Color||Black, Green & Blue.|
|Love to Do||Cooking & Playing Football.|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Vatiswa Ndara.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Malaysia.|
|Favorite Food||Chocolate Cake.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500,000-$540,000 US Dollars.|
|Source of Earnings||Events, Music Tours & Albums.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Neyi Zimu
- He nominated in the South African Music Awards for the best faith music.
- Neyi worked with Spirit Music, Universal Music (Pty) Ltd and NN Productions.
- He is also a pastor and founder of the All Nations Revival Ministries, Midrand.
- Furthermore, he was also part of the African music tour.
- He accompanied by the musicians like Rebecca Malope, Vuyo Mokoena and Benjamin Dube.
- Additionally, the fan loved his platinum music, “Healing in His Presence.”
- Neyi Zimu’s net worth earned $500,000-$540,000 US Dollars. Moreover, he made most of the money $80K-$90K by his music, tours and lived shows.
- In 2013, he collaborated with the Spirit Music for his fifth album, “I Trust You.”
- He made some updates on his official Facebook about his life.
- Nomuzi Mabena and Neyi are the top singers of the music world.