Nigel Wray (born in 1948) is a British Businessman based in London, United Kingdom. He founded and headed the Franchise Brands plc. Moreover, he took the responsibility of 6 different companies.
Wray is the Chairperson of British Seafood Group Holdings Ltd. He served on the Non-Executive Chairman position in Hy-Pro International Ltd and Saracens Ltd. Though, he turned to be a controversial figure in the Saracens salary cap issues.
On January 2, 2020, he announced his retirement from the responsibilities. He stayed in the European club for 25 years. Saracens won around five premiership titles and three European Cups.
Moreover, they moved to their permanent home Allianz Park. Wray took full control of the salaries in the year 2018. As of now, he remained as the backer for the team. He cannot enter in the co-investment arrangements.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
Nigel Wray was born in 1948 (age 71 years, as in 2019) in London City, UK. Though the details related to his mother-father is not there on the internet. Nigel studied Business Management and Economics from the University.
He showed his connection with football and baseball in high school. Wray represented his team in the local tournaments. He earned an honorary Doctorate from Middlesex University.
Personal Life, Spouse & Children
He wedded with his wife in the early 1980s. Still, the names of his extended family members have not found.
Nigel Wray is the daddy of two children. He resides with them in the central location of the UK’s capital.
|Full Real Birth Name||Nigel Wray.|
|Profession||Businessman & Team owner of Saracens FC.|
|In the News For||He turned from his chairman position in the Saracens team on January 2, 2020.|
|Age (As of 2019)||71 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1948.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||London, United Kingdom.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||NA.|
|House In||London (UK).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 73 Kg.
Pounds: 160 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||8.5.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
Mother: Will Update Soon.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Will Update Soon.|
|Children||Name Not Known.|
|Highest Qualification||Honorary Doctorate degree from Middlesex University.|
|School||High School in London.|
|Alma Mater.||Middlesex University.|
|Net worth||£90 Million- £100 Million.|
|Annual Earnings||£100 Million.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Nigel Wray
- He is the partner and member of the management board of Pihl Equity LLP.
- Moreover, he included in the board of 16 companies.
- He became the chairperson of the Greenhouse Fund Ltd.
- Edward Griffiths appointed as the interim CEO of the Saracens FC for 12 months.
- Still, the media also questioned him on Edward’s appointment.
- Saracens are behind the Leister team in the point table.
- Still, the Football association reduced 35 points of Wray’s team.
- Nigel Wray’s net worth calculated £90 Million- £100 Million. Additionally, he earned more than £100 Million from the football team.
- He scrapped the Premiership Salary Cap in 2014 for his team players.
- The Saracens fined £5.36million due to the salary cap regulation.
- The sportsmail investigated the players named Owen Farrell, Maro Itoje, Richard Wigglesworth and Billy and Mako Vunipola.