Niki Lauda (born February 22, 1949) is an Austrian Formula One (F1) Racer, Aviation Entrepreneur, and Businessman from Austria. Furthermore, he won three F1 Driver’s Championship in (1975, 1977 & 1984). In Formula 1 history, he is the only driver to be champion in driving McLaren and Ferrari.
The 70-years-old Racer has also served as the Chairman of the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team. In addition, Andreas Nikolaus Lauda is the founder of two airlines.
On the other hand, Lauda began his racing career back in 1970. He faced big issues in the initial stages of his career. Additionally, his first GrandPix victory is in 1972 followed by the Spanish Grand Pix too. Actually, Niki established him as the fastest driver in the circuit. Though, Nürburgring crash happened in 1976.
His Ferrari car broke into fire into the fire. Furthermore, Niki had severe injuries on his head, right ear scars on his body. Soon, he and other drivers decided to boycott the German Grand Pix race. Actually, it happened due to lack of safety measures on the track for their players.
After his accident, he usually wore a cap to cover his scars. However, the champion driver died on May 20, 2019, in his sleep. Niki suffered from the kidney problem for a long time. Additionally, he went to the dialysis treatment to a Swiss Clinic.
Before Fame, Parents, Siblings & Profile
F1 Racing Champion, Niki Lauda was born on the 22nd of February 1949 in Vienna, Austria. At present, his age is 70 years old (as of 2019). His parents are Ernst-Peter Lauda (father) and Elisabeth Lauda (mother). Moreover, Niki belongs to a wealthy business family.
Hans Lauda is his parental grandfather and businessman. However, his parents were against his racing career. He moved to the Central Europe area to be a driver. Therefore, he took loans and brought cars like Chevron and Porsche.
Soon, Niki joined Ferrari to cover up the decline of his team in 1972. On the other hand, Florian Lauda is his brother name. His full real birth name is “Andreas Nikolaus Lauda”.
Wedding, Girlfriend, Spouse & Children
The couple has two twin children Mia Lauda and Max Lauda. Additionally, Birgit gave her kidney to him. Though, the kidney transplant with his brother’s kidney failed.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Real Birth Name||Andreas Nikolaus 'Niki' Lauda.|
|Nick name||Niki Lauda.|
|Profession||Formula One Racer & Aviation business owner.|
|In The News For||Died in his sleep on May 20, 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||70 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||February 22, 1949.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Death Date||20th May 2019.|
|Cause||Died in Sleep (Kidney illness).|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Pisces.|
|Current Residence||Vienna, Austria.|
|Races||1. Austrian Grand Pix (1971).
2. Spanish Grand Pix (1973).
3. German Grand Pix (1976).
4. Dutch Grand Prix (1985).
5. Australian Grand Pix (1985).
|Aviation Companies||Lauda Air, Niki and Laudamotion.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Biceps Size||12 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||41-30-34.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Tattoos details?||Will Update.|
|Parents||Father: Ernst-Peter Lauda.
Mother: Elisabeth Lauda.
|Siblings||Brother: Florian Lauda.
|Relatives||Grandfather: Hans Lauda (Industrialist).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not Known.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||1. Marlene Knaus.
2.Birgit Wetzinger (light attendant)
|Children||Son: Lukas Lauda, Mathias Lauda, Christoph Lauda & Max Lauda.
Daughter: Mia Lauda.
|Alma Mater||Will Update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celeb||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Margot Robbie.
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Love to do||Reading Books & Traveling.|
|Favorite Dishes||Mexican Food.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$100 Million USD.|
|Salary, Earnings & Monthly Income||$20-30 Million.|
|Home Details||House in Austria.|
|Email Address||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||NA.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Niki Lauda
- Wikipedia: Niki started a successful airline company named Lauda Air, Niki and Laudamotion.
- Additionally, he joined the teams like Jaguar Formula One and Scuderia Ferrari as a consultant.
- He welcomes in an episode “Niki Lauda: Testing the Limits” of “Mayday” show.
- Though, he planned his retirement in 1985 after the “Australian Grand Pix”.
- In fact, his battle with James Hunt is 1976s formula one race is quite famous.
- A film named “Rush” (2013) dramatized their race.
- Furthermore, James and Niki are rivals. Though, Hunt died due to a heart attack.
- Interestingly, he tried hard to win around 25 car races.
- Money Factor: The estimated Niki Lauda’s Net worth is $100 Million USD (as of 2019).
Explore More: Who is Melvin Edmonds? His Biography, Lifestyle, Story & Random Details
- In 2012, ESPN ranked him 22nd among the top drivers of the world.
- Due to his accident, he covered his head with a red cap. Soon, he received an offer €1.2m to endorse the red color cap for company.
- Meanwhile, he did a partnership with Austrian Airlines in 1990.
- Andreas Nikolaus Lauda used a red colored helmet for his car racing events. It has his name engraved on both sides. Soon, Niki took a white-colored helmet of letter L of his airlines.