Pete Buttigieg (born January 19, 1982) is an American Politician, Democratic Party Leader, and Famous Media Personality from Indiana, USA. He has served as the Mayor of South Bend in 2012. In fact, Pete first elected for the Mayor position in 2011. Again, he re-elected in 2015.
However, he lost both the elections for Democratic National Committee and Indiana State Treasurer. On the other hand, he is the youngest mayor of the region after Schuyler Colfax II. He handles the duty related to the 100,000 residents.
Additionally, he took many strict decisions for the benefits of South Bend. In 2012, Buttigieg demoted Darry Boykins (Police Chief, Federal Investigation). On 14th April 2019, he nominated from the Democratic Party for the US Presidential Elections 2019.
He wants to work on the issues related to healthcare, income inequality, immigration, organized labor and Equality act. On the other hand, he served in the US Navy too as Lieutenant in the reserve department. Additionally, he involved in the country service during the war in Afghanistan.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
South Bend’s Mayor, Pete Buttigieg was born on the 19th January 1982 in South Bend (Indiana, USA). Moreover, his age is 37 years old, as of 2019. Pete is the only son of his professor parents Joseph Buttigieg (father) and Jennifer Anne Montgomery (mother).
Furthermore, they worked in the University of Notre Dame in South Blend. Actually, Buttigieg’s full birth name “Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg”. He did his high school education at the St. Joseph High School.
Later on, Pete attended the Harvard Institute of Politics and studied Literature and History. He also elected as the Student Advisory Committee President. Meanwhile, he prepared his undergraduate thesis based on “The Quiet American” novel by Graham Greene.
After getting his graduate degree, he earned the Rhodes scholarship in 2007. Buttigieg received a first-class honors degree in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics at Pembroke College, Oxford.
Wedding, Spouse & Gay Boyfriend
He openly called himself a gay. A Piece South Blend Tribune 2016 confirmed about his sexuality.
Pete Buttigieg married his Gay husband Chasten Glezman on 16 June 2018. Earlier, this couple engaged in 2017. Actually, they met through a dating app “Hinge” in August 2015.
The couple tied the knot on June 16, 2018, at the St. James. Additionally, Glezman worked in a Junior High School as a teacher for 8 years. In fact, Pete’s spouse uses his last name too.
Quick Info & Trivia
|Full Real Birth Name||Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg.|
|Nick name||Pete Buttigieg.|
|Profession||Democratic Party Leader & Mayor of South Bend, Indiana.|
|Famous For||Nominated by the Demrocratic Party as thier Presidential Candidate 2020.|
|Age (As of 2019)||37 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||January 19, 1982.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||South Bend, Indiana (USA).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Gay (Homosexual).|
|Social Media Stats||Instagram: instagram.com/pete.buttigieg.
|Awards||John F. Kennedy New Frontier Fenn Award.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Capricorn.|
|Current Residence||South Bend, Indiana (USA).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Biceps Size||13.5 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||41-30-34.|
|Shoe Size (US)||10.|
|Tattoos details?||Will Update.|
|Parents||Father: Joseph Buttigieg (Professor).
Mother: Jennifer Anne Montgomery (Professor).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wedding Date||June 16, 2018.|
|Dating History?||Love relationship with is partner Chasten Glezman.|
|Spouse Name||Chasten Glezman (Junior High School-Teacher).|
|Children||Son: Not Known.
|Highest Qualification||1. Degree in Literature & History from Harvard Institute of Politics.
2. Bachelor Degree Hons in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics at Pembroke College, Oxford.
|School||St. Joseph High School.|
|Alma Mater||1. Harvard Institute of Politics.
2. Pembroke College, Oxford.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celeb||Actor: Hugh Jackman.
Actress: Jennifer Lopez.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Miami.|
|Love to do||Traveling, Reading Books & Play Football.|
|Favorite Dishes||Mexican Food.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$440K US Dollars.|
|Salary, Earnings & Monthly Income||Under review.|
|Home Details||House in South Bend, USA.|
|Email Address||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||NA.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Pete Buttigieg
- In his High School, he received first prize in the Congress essay competition.
- As per Wikipedia Profile, Pete went to Boston to meet John F. Kennedy and Caroline Kennedy to get his prize.
- Bernie Sanders (US Congressman) appreciated his vision towards American politics.
- Additionally, he did his internship at WMAQ-TV, Chicago.
- Buttigieg joined the congressional campaign of Jill Long Thompson in 2002.
- He is the ex-employee of William Cohen’s consultancy film.
- On the other hand, he resigned from his job and started the navy training in 2008.
- He called the “military uber” for his constant movement towards Kabul.
- Meanwhile, he was with McKinsey Company as a Consultant.
- Actually, the 37-year-old is the gay to be in America’s Presidential race 2020.
- He drew the controversy towards the Indiana Senate Bill 101.
- Pete Buttigieg height is 5 feet 10 inches tall which is equal to 178 in cm. In addition, his body weight is around 70 Kilograms (154 pounds) approx.
Explore More: The Biography of Laura Savoie, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- Soon, he made an investment of $50 million for the smart streets and park in 2015.
- Money Factor: As per financial details, the USA Presidental Candidate’s Net worth is $440K US Dollars.
- He can easily speak different languages like English, French, Norwegian, Spanish, Italian, Maltese and Arabic.
- Additionally, he follows the Christianity religion.
- He has the membership of the Episcopal Church.
- As of 2015, Pete won the John F. Kennedy New Frontier Fenn Award.
- Apart from that, he performed with Ben Fold (pianist) and South Bend Symphony Orchestra.
- Pete’s authored book is “Shortest Way Home: One Mayor’s Challenge and a Model for America’s Future”.