Priti Patel (born March 29, 1972) is a British Politician and Former Lobbyist from London, United Kingdom. Now, she elected as the Home Secretary by the newly elected Boris Johnson (Prime Minister, UK) in July 2019. The former Prime Minister, Theresa May resigned from her position.
Ms. Patel holds the membership of the Conservative Party for a long time. She is with the party when John Major elected as the Prime Minister. She headed the press office of the Referdrum Party in 1995-1997. However, she left the Conservative party in 2000 to work for Weber Shandwick (PR Company).
In 2005, she stood as the conservative candidate from Nottingham North. However, Patel lost the elections against Graham Allen. Then, she joined the Diageo (Alcoholic Beverages Company) and worked in the Corporate Relations department (2003-07).
Priti rejoined as the Director for the Corporate and Public Affairs. David Cameron felt that she is among the promising candidates in the party. She served Member of Parliament from the Witham region since 2010. She became the poster girl during the European Union issues occurred in the UK.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
The Home Minister, Priti Patel was born on the 29th of March 1972 (age 47 years old, as in 2019) in London, United Kingdom. Moreover, her parents migrated to Uganda from Gujarat, India. They emigrated to Hertfordshire, South-East England in November 1972.
Her father Sushil Patel and mother Anjana Patel established newsagents business in the South-East England and London. Her birth full name is Priti Sushil Patel.
Additionally, Priti attended Westfield Tech College. She enrolled at Keele University and completed her Economics degree. Moreover, she pursued her British Government and Politics courses at the University of Essex.
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
Alex Sawyer turns to be the supporting husband for her. He is currently at NASDAQ (Stock Market) as the Marketing Consultant. Alex also worked for his wife part-time from 2014-17.
Additionally, he became the Councilor and Cabinet Minister, Communities at the London Borough, Bexley Council. Together, Priti Patel and her spouse share a son Freddie Sawyer (born in August 2008).
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Priti Sushil Patel.|
|Profession||1. Conservative Leader & Former Lobbyist.
2. Home Secretary, UK.
|Famous for||Appointed as the first Indian origin Home Secretary in the British Parliament in 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||47 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||March 29, 1972.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||London, United Kingdom.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Aries.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: instagram.com/pritipatelmp.
|Current Residence||London, United Kingdom.|
|Political Positions||1. Withar MP (2010).
2. Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury (2014-15).
3. Minister of State for Employment (2015-16).
4. Secretary of State for International Development (2016-17).
5. Home Secretary (2019).
|Awards||Received the Jewel of Gujarat Award.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 56 Kg.
Pounds: 124 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||--|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.5.|
|Parents||Father: Sushil Patel.
Mother: Anjana Patel.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married Since 2004.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Alex Sawyer (Marketing Consultant).|
|Highest Qualification||1. Economics Degree from the Keele University.
2. Master's Degree in Politics and British Government from University of Essex.
|School||High School in London.|
|Alma Mater.||1. Keele University.
2. University of Essex.
3. Westfield Technical College.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Chris Hemsworth.
Actress: Jennifer Lawrence.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Germany.|
|Favorite Color||White & Black.|
|Love to do||Reading & Writing Stories.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$320,000 US Dollars.|
|Monthly Salary, Income & Earnings||Under review.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Not Known.|
|Home Details||Living in her house London.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Priti Patel
- Wikipedia: Priti inspired from the political personality Margaret Thatcher.
- Furthermore, she handled the Vice-Chair responsibility of Conservative Friends of Israel.
- She observed as the right-winger in the Conservative Party.
- Moreover, Priti lacks the interest to be as the central person.
- However, she criticized for raising certain issues in the House of Commons.
- Patel voted against in the Same-Sex Marriage Bill 2013.
- She spoke in the BBC Radio Kent on March 2018. They realized that she used BME i.e. (Black & Minority Ethnic). However, it looked insulting.
- On the other hand, she considers herself as a British citizen first.
- She discussed the food crisis in the UK during the Brexit deal in 2018.
- Physique Details: Priti Patel stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches tall (168 cm). Her body weight is around 56 Kg (124 pounds).
- The British government imported food items from Ireland.
- She felt delighted when appointed International Development Secretary 2017.
- Apart from that, she believes in the values of Narendra Modi, Indian Prime Minister.
Read Also: The Biography of Robert Irwin, Lifestyle, Facts, Story & Affairs
- She also gave a speech at the Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and awarded Jewels of Gujarat title in Ahmedabad.
- Meanwhile, she agreed with Cameron’s ISIS bombing decision.
- Money Factor: In 2019, Priti Patel’s Net worth is $320K US Dollars which is generated through her jobs’ salary. Presently, Patel actively involved in politics and left her work.
- Priti did not support the new education plan of Academies Enterprise Trust.
- She promoted to the Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury in summers 2010.
- Patel wrote After the Coalition book.
- Interestingly, she is the first Indian origin Home Secretary in the British government.