Ranbir Raj Kapoor (born December 14, 1924) is an Indian Actor, Director, and Producer from Peshawar, Pakistan. In fact, he is famous as “The Showman” of the Indian Cinema. However, his wife Krishna dies due to cardiac attack at the age of 87. He was an important member of a family producing superstars.
Though, Raj died to asthma in 1988. Moreover, he collapsed while receiving Dada Saheb Phalke Award in 1988. Before, his death he is making his film named “Henna”. Then, Randhir and Rishi completed the movie by the end of 1991. Today Krishna’s death confirmed by his elder son Randhir Kapoor.
On the other hand, the Bollywood is mourning on her death. Her granddaughter Riddhima Kapoor Sahni shared an emotional tweet. Meanwhile, the last rites will perform in Chembur Crematorium. Now, all the Bollywood and Industrialists gathered on their residence in Mumbai.
Raj Kapoor Wiki, Age, Parents & Early Life
How old is the Greatest Showman of Hindi cinema? This Bollywood Legendary Actor was born on the 14th of December 1924 in Peshawar, Pakistan. As of 1988, Raj Kapoor’s age is sixty-three (63) years old. In fact, his father’s name is Prithvi Raj Kapoor was a Bollywood Actor.
Raj’s mother name is Ramsarni Devi Kapoor. After that, he moved to Mumbai with his family in 1930. He is the eldest child in the family. The name of his sister is Urmila Sahini.
Furthermore, he has two younger brothers and late actors Shashi Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor. However, the other two siblings died at a young age. Moreover, he studied in Colonel Brown Cambridge School, Dehradun and St. Xavier’s Mumbai and Kolkata.
Personal Affairs, Girlfriend, Son & Daughter
Raj dated several Bollywood actresses like Nargis, Padmini, and Vyjayantimala. Later on, “The Legendary Showman” married to Krishna Raj Kapoor in 1946. At that time, she is just 16 years old. Both of them have five kids together. Their names are Randhir Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor, and Rajeev Kapoor.
On the other hand, Randhir and Rishi are the famous Bollywood Actors. Ritu Nanda and Reema Jain are his daughters. Moreover, Ritu is married to Rajan Nanda (Escorts Group Owner). Furthermore, Amitabh’s daughter, Shweta Bachchan is married to Ritu and Rajan son Nikhil.
Krishna’s another daughter Rima married to an Investment Banker Manoj Jain and the couple has a son Armaan Jain. Now, Armaan is planning to enter in Hindi movies soon. The eldest son of Raj is Randhir married to veteran actress Babita Kapoor. Additionally, they have two daughters Kareena and Karishma.
Rishi Kapoor is the husband of Hindi film actress Neetu Singh. Moreover, Neetu and Rishi have blessed with two kids Ranbir (son) and Riddhima (daughter). Raj Kapoor grandchildren Karishma, Kareena, and Ranbir are a well-known actress in Bollywood.
Facts about the Greatest Showman of Hindi Cinema
- Raj appeared as a child actor in a 1935s movie named “Inquilab”.
- The breakthrough films of his career are “Neel Kamal” (1947) opposite Madhubala.
- He has produced several hit films under the RK Banner like “Awaara” (1951), “Shree 420” (1955), “Sangam” (1964).
- Moreover, he is the owner of RK Studio.
- He has made his first color romantic color film “Sangam” (1964) with Rajendra Kumar and Vyjayantimala.
- Though, the biggest flop film of his career is his ambitious project “Mera Naam Joker” (1971).
- Kapoor is the director and producer of the movie and launched his son Rishi Kapoor.
- Soon, he created another family drama “Kal Aaj Aur Kal” starring Prithviraj, Randhir, and Babita along with him.
- In the year 1973, he launched his middle son Rishi Kapoor with the movie “Bobby”.
- Rishi cast opposite Dimple Kapadia and the film is the big hit of 1973.
- Meanwhile, “Awaara” (1951) and “Boot Polish” (1954) displayed in Cannes Film Festival.
- Additionally, he introduced actress Mandakini in the 1980s “Ram Teri Ganga Meli Ho Gayi”.
- His last directed movie is “Henna” along with Rishi and Zeba Bakhtiar (Pakistani Actress).
Raj Kapoor Biography, Spouse, Age, Net worth, Children, Height, Movies, Wealth & Profile
|Personal Life Information|
|Full Birth Name||Ranbir Raj Kapoor.|
|Nick name||Raj and The Show Man.|
|Working As||Actor, Producer, and Director.|
|Age||Sixty-Three (63) years old (As of 2018).|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||14th of December 1924.|
|Died on||1988 in New Delhi, India.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Peshawar, Pakistan, India.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Sagitatus.|
|Current Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.|
|Notable Films||1. Aawara (1951).
2. Shree 420 (1955).
3. Sangam (1964).
4. Bobby (1973).
5. Henna (1991).
|Famous For||"The Show Man" of the Bollywood for making best films.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.70 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Biceps Size||13 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-32-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Parents||Father: Prithvi Raj Kapoor.
Mother: Ramsarni Devi Kapoor.
|Siblings||Brother: Shashi Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor.
Sister: Urmila Sahni.
|Relatives||1. Babita Kapoor and Neetu Singh (daughter-in-laws).
2. Karishma and Kareena (granddaughters).
3. Late Rajan Nanda (son-in-law).
4. Ranbir Kapoor (grandson).
|Raj Kapoor Wife & Relationship|
|Dating History?||In a relationship with Bollywood Actresses like Nargis Dutt, Padmini and Vyjayantimala.|
|Girlfriend (Fiancee)||1. Nargis Dutt.
|Wife/Spouse Name||Krishna Raj Kapoor.|
|Children||Son: Randhir Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor and Rajeev Kapoor.
Daughter: Rima Jain and Ritu Nanda.
|School||1. Colonel Brown Cambridge School, Dehradun.
2. St. Xavier’s Mumbai and Kolkata.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Rajesh Khanna.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Travelling and Playing Golf.|
|Favorite Dishes||Spanish Food.|
|Raj Kapoor Net worth|
|Net Asset||Approx. Rs. 100 Crore INR (As of 1988).|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Will update soon.|
|Official Website||Not Available.
Filmography, Awards, and Career Profile
- After his performance in Aawara, the Time Magazine listed him among the top ten actors of Hindi Film Industry.
- Though, the film could be completed in 1988.
- Rishi’s father honored as the “The Clark Gable” of Indian Cinema.
- After that, Krishna’s elder son Randhir directed the movie and released in 1991.
- He is the winner of 11 Filmfare Awards India and 3 National Awards.
- During 1971, the Indian Government honored him with Padma Bhushan.
- His movies attracted Europe and Asia.
- He has received Dadasaheb Phalke Award of 1987 by the Government of India.
- Though, Krishna’s spouse collapsed on the stage while receiving the award.
- Manna Day and Shankar Jaikishna have composed maximum songs of his films.
- The best-known songs composed by them are “Laga Chunri Mein Daag”, Mudh Mudh Ke Na Dekh”, “Chalat Musafir” and “Mama O Mama”.
- On the other hand, Raj did more than 16 movies with Nargis Dutt like “Aag” (1947), “Andaaz” (1948), “Aawara” (1951) and “Shree 420” (1955).
- In fact, Khwaja Ahmed Abbas is the screenwriter and director of his best films like “Shree 420” (1955), “Mera Naam Joker” (1970) “Bobby” (1973) and “Henna” (1991).