Rakesh Asthana (born March 9, 1961) is an Indian IPS Officer from Ranchi, Jharkhand. Furthermore, he is 1984 batch of Gujarat cadre. Currently, he is serving as the Deputy Special Director of Central Bureau of Investigation. Mr. Alok Verma (CBI Director) and Mr. Rakesh asked by PM Modi to give current workings for the premier investigation agency.
The PMO Officials said that Mr. Narendra Modi wants the full details soon. Moreover, Devendra Kumar (DSP, Police) accused Mr. Asthana on bribery allegations.
However, the CBI officials have made false statements on Hyderabad based executive Sathish Sana. The charges on him are under Section 161 Criminal Procedure Code.
Moin Qureshi’s Bribery Case Full Details
Mr. Sana showed a statement of being in Delhi. At that time, he was in Hyderabad. Then, the Deputy SP of Delhi has filed a case against him on September 26.
Now, Sathish has summoned on Moin Qureshi’s case on October 1 and 3. Presently, former CBI Chief AP Singh is also under the scanner.
Other people accused in the bribery case are Asthana, Kumar, Manoj Kumar (Dubai-based Banker) and Somesh Prasad. The amount of bribe is around Rs. 3 Crore Indian Rupees (INR) each. Manoj is arrested by the police and all the eight mobiles have seized.
Wiki, Early Life, Parents & Spouse
This Special Director of CBI was born the 9th of March 1961 in Ranchi, Jharkhand (India). Hence, Rakesh Asthana’s age is fifty-seven, (57) years old in 2018. He is elder son of his father and mother. He also has a sibling in his family.
Furthermore, he has completed his schooling from St. Xavier’s School. In fact, Rakesh has completed his graduation from the Jawaharlal Lal University (JNU).
He is a married man and father of Ankush Asthana (only child). However, the information about his Spouse is not available.
|Full Birth Name||Rakesh Asthana.|
|Profession||Special Director CBI.|
|Age (As of 2018)||Fifty-Seven (57) years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||9th of March 1961.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Ranchi, Jharkhand (India).|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Pisces.|
|Current Residence||New Delhi, India.|
|Controversy||Accused for Moin Qureshi's bribe case of Rs. 3 crore INR.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 79 Kg.
Pounds: 174 lbs.
|Biceps Size||14 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-39-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||11.|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Will Update Soon.
|Siblings||Brother: Name not found.
|Rakesh Asthana Wife & Relationship|
|Dating History?||Will Update.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Not Known.|
|Children||Son: Ankush Asthana.|
|School||St. Xavier’s School.|
|College/University||Jawaharlal Nehru University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Anil Kapoor.
Actress: Madhuri Dixit.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Travelling.|
|Favorite Dishes||North Indian Food.|
|Net Asset (Approx.)||Rs. 4.5 Crore Indian Rupees (As of 2018).|
|Earnings per month||Under review.|
|Office Address||Not Known.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||NA.|
|Email Address||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Rakesh Asthana (CBI Director)
- Rakesh is the investigating officer of Fodder Scam of $540 billion.
- Lalu Yadav accused in the case.
- He has also caught DGMS Director of Dhanbad for taking a bribe.
- In fact, it is the first case in India where DCMS arrested.
- Furthermore, Asthana has investigated Ahmadabad bomb blast case of 2008.
- He examined the Ashram Babu case 2013.
- Then, Rakesh arrested Narayan Sai near Delhi-Haryana Border.
- Personal Life: He has tied the knot along with his partner a long time ago. They also share a son Ankush Asthana together. But currently, the name of Rakesh Asthana’s Wife is not available in the public domain.
Read Also: Bio Profile of Megha Dhade (Bigg Boss Marathi Winner)
- However, the Common Cause NGO challenged Asthana’s appointment as CBI Deputy Director.
- Later on, his diary seized in 2011 regarding his connections with Sterling Biotech Company.
- Meanwhile, his name is not in the FIR but the investigation against him is going on.
- Presently, he has accused taking illegal money of Rs. 3 Crore INR in Moin Qureshi’s case.