Ranu Mandal (born November 05, 1960) is an Indian Beggar turned Aspiring Singer and Internet Personality from Ranaghat, West Bengal. Recently, she became one of the famous personalities in Indian after her singing video went viral on the internet.
The 59-years-old Ranu used to sing old Bollywood songs at the railway station. One day, a software engineer named Atindra Chakraborty recorded her while she was singing a track “Ek Pyaar Kaa Nagmaa Hai” from Shor movie.
Later, Atindra posted the content on his Facebook account. Soon, the video became popular on various social media platforms like Instagram and YouTube. Many people started to compare her voice with one of the legendary vocalists of India “Lata Mangeshkar“.
Mandal’s fate completing changed overnight when Himesh Reshammiya gave her a contract to sing a song in his upcoming film. He is an Indian singer, actor, composer, producer, screenwriter, and film distributor.
Ranu worked as a playback singer in the upcoming project “Happy Hardy and Heer“. She recorded a single track titled “Teri Meri Kahani“. Moreover, she is also getting numerous music stage shows, events, and other singing deals.
Early Life, Spouse & Children
Her real full birth name is Ranu Maria Mandal. She is a widow who lost her spouse many years ago. Ranu is forced to beg on the railway station due to her financial conditions. Earlier, the aspiring singer tied the knot with her husband “Babul Mandal” in a simple ceremony.
The former couple also shared a daughter (name not available). However, the internet sensation had no contact with her child from the past 10 years as she abandoned her old mother.
But after Mandal achieved huge popularity, she reconciled differences with her parent and began to talk to her. As of now, Ranu is all set to make her debut in the Indian Film Industry.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Ranu Maria Mandal.|
|Famous for||after her singing video went viral on the internet and she was singing a song "Ek Pyaar Kaa Nagmaa Hai".|
|Age (As of 2018)||59 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||November 05, 1960.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Ranaghat, West Bengal, India|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Scorpio.|
|Current Residence||Kolkata, West Bengal, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 3".
Centimeters: 162 cm.
Meters: 1.62 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 121 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-25-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||4.5|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Babul Mandal.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Lata Mangeshkar (Indian Playback singer).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Mumbai.|
|Love to do||Singing.|
|Favorite Food||Indian Food.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Under Revision (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Ranu Mandal
- Biography: Aspiring Singer, Ranu Mandal was born on the 5th of November 1960 in Ranaghat, West Bengal, India. Hence, her age is 59 years old, as of 2019.
- She was raised in a very poor family but there is no information about her father, mother, siblings available on the internet.
- Ranu belongs to Christianity religion.
- In fact, Maria was brought up by one of the aunts.
- According to Wikipedia, her mom passed away when she was very young.
- She also received offers from several radio stations and television channels in order to make an appearance on their platform.
- Mandal already made her television debut after giving a beautiful performance on the Indian Reality Show “Superstar Singer” airs on Sony network.
Explore More: Who is Baisakhi Banerjee? Her Story, Lifestyle & Random Information
- Ranaghat based engineer, Atindra Chakraborty, is still in touch with Ranu and also supporting her with all the new opportunities she is receiving.
- Before her fortune changed, Maria used to make her living by singing at a railway station and also lived in local trains.
- The upcoming Bollywood singer has not mentioned yet about how her spouse died.