Regan Smith (born February 09, 2002) is an American Swimmer, World Record Horder, and Social Media Personality from Lakeville, Minnesota. Recently, the young athlete garnered huge media attention after smashing the world record.
Furthermore, the 17-year-old swimmer gained fame after breaking the record for the 100-meter backstroke. The tournament took place on July 26, 2019, at the 2019 World Champs Semifinals.
Moreover, she began her training at a young age. Smith was just 12-years-old when she won various competitions at her school. Later, the athlete started to participate at state-level tournaments.
With her talent, Regan won multiple medals at high school state meets. Later, the swimmer started her professional training in the Apple Valley’s Riptide Swim Club. Mike Parratto (former Olympic swimmer) remained her coach.
Swimming Career, Profile & World Record
In addition, in 2016, the star athlete competed at meets with Olympians like Katie Ledecky and Missy Franklin. The same year, she also named the “2016 Age Group Swimmer of the Year”.
Then, Smith also became a member of the U.S. National Junior Team. In 2018, the swimmer earned the title of “Age Group Swimmer of the Year” for the second time. On July 26, 2019, Smith competed at the FINA World Junior Swimming Championships.
The talented athlete broke the record with an impressive time of 2:03.35. Earlier, American-Canadian swimmer “Missy Franklin” held the record with the timing of 2:04.06 in the 2012 Olympics.
She obviously won the tournament with Gold medal and also qualifies for the 2019 World Champs Finals. Earlier, the champion athlete holds the world record in the 200-meter backstroke (long course).
She earned this title after competing in the women’s 200-meter backstroke. It was held at the 2017 World Aquatics Championships.
In addition, Regan also participated at the 2019 World Aquatics Championships in Gwangju, South Korea. In the 200-meter backstroke, she smashed her own junior world record with the timing of 2:06.01.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Regan Smith.|
|Profession||Student, Swimmer, and Social Media Personality.|
|Famous for||Recently broke a world record against Missy Franklin (American-Canadian former competition swimmer) in the 100 m backstroke.|
|Age (As of 2019)||17 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||February 09, 2002.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Lakeville, Minnesota, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aquarius.|
|House In||California, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/regansmith4/
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 121 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-24-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Paul Smith.
|Siblings||One sister named Brenna Smith.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Highest Qualification||Senior Year in High School.|
|School||Lakeville North High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Stanford University (committed).|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Ryan Reynolds.
Actress: Emma Stone.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Swimming, Listening to music and Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Under Revision (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Regan Smith
- Wikipedia: Swimming Record Holder, Regan Smith was born on the 9th of February 2002 in Lakeville, Minnesota, USA. Hence, her age is 17 years old, as of 2019.
- During an interview, her father “Paul Smith” told that Regan first showed her potential as a competitive swimmer when her instructors organized a casual mini-meet for their students.
- Furthermore, the athlete’s mother (name not available) is a homemaker.
- She also has a sibling, i.e. a sister named Brenna Smith (also competed in local competition).
- According to a source, Regan saw Brenna competing in the various meets and got inspired by her.
- Currently, she is in a senior year in Lakeville North High School.
- During school, the athlete participated for the Minnesota-based South Metro Storm Swim Club.
- Physique Details: Swimmer Regan Smith’s height stands at 5 feet 7 inches (170 cm tall). Her estimated body weight is 55 kilograms (121 pounds).
- The World Record Holder also does workouts in the gym on a regular basis along with swimming in order to maintain her athletic physique.
Read Also: The Biography of Renee Black, Lifestyle, Story, Affairs & Facts
- Smith is already verbally committed to swim and pursue her education at Stanford University as part of the class of 2024.
- She is going to start college in the fall of the next year 2020.
- In her career, Regan held three National Age Group Records in the 100-yard backstroke, 100-yard butterfly, and 100-meter backstroke.
- As of relationship, she is dating her boyfriend “Tim Rizzo”. The couple also uploads pictures with each other on Instagram frequently.
- The swimmer has a decent fan-following on the picture-sharing platform with 24.7+ k followers.