Rishi Kumar Shukla (born August 23, 1960) is an Indian Police Service (IPS) Officer from Gwalior, India. Now, he handles the charge of CBI Director from February 2, 2019. Rishi’s tenure is of 2 years. He successfully cleared the UPSC exam in 1983.
He gets the IPS position from the Madhya Pradesh Cadre. As of 2005, he plays an important role in Salim and Monica Bedi arrest. He has posted in Shivpuri, Damoh, and Raipur. On the other hand, he is the youngest IPS of India. During that time, Shukla’s age is just 23.
The Madhya Pradesh CM handpicked him for the higher post. Rishi takes strict action against corrupt officers. Within a few hours, he encountered 8 SIMI students from Bhopal Jail. He is the person behind the dial 100 service. Moreover, Rishi tries to bring technological innovation to the police. The position held by him is:
- ASP of Raipur (1985).
- DSP of Damoh, Shivpuri and Mandsaur (1986).
- Central Deputation (1992 to 2005).
- Additional Director of the General Police Intelligence (2009 to 2012).
- Director General of Police (2012 to 2016).
- Chairman, Police Housing Corporation (2018).
Profile, Parents & Before Fame
The CBI Chief was born on the 23rd of August 1960 in Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh, India). Now, Rishi Kumar Shukla’s age is 58 years old. In fact, his father name is Bal Krishna Shukla. Earlier, he worked in the Madhya Pradesh Electricity Board.
Additionally, he did a job in General Motors, Kolkata. Rishi has an elder sister Shramita Shukla. On the other hand, Rameshwar Shashtri is his grandfather. He has practiced Ayurveda in the Lal Bazaar.
After his death, the street renamed to Rameshwar Shashtri Lane. He studied in the Carmel Convent Senior Secondary School. After that, Shukla admitted to the Hindi High School, Kolkata. During his school days, he is a meritorious student.
Rishi selected in the IIT Kanpur and Kharagpur. Due to his family issues, he could not study there. Then, he lived in Gwalior and pursued B.com. Soon, he completed his MA in Philosophy. Mr. Shukla gave the Civil Services exam 1983 and cleared it.
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
Rishi is the happy husband of Neelam Shukla. In fact, his wife is a professional teacher. They have two daughters. Still, their names are not available. Rishi’s daughters are engineers and working in MNCs. Now, he stays in New Delhi, India.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Real Birth Name||Rishi Kumar Shukla.|
|Profession||IPS Officer 1983 Batch & CBI Director.|
|Famous For||Appointed as the CBI Director on February 2, 2019.|
|Age (As of 2018)||58 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||August 23, 1960|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh, India).|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Virgo.|
|Current Residence||New Delhi, India.|
|Career Timeline||1. ASP of Raipur (1985).
2. DSP of Damoh, Shivpuri and Mandsaur (1986).
3. Central Deputation (1992; 2005).
4. Additional Director of the General Police Intelligence (2009-12).
5. Director General of Police (2012-16)
6. Housing Corporation (2018).
7. CBI, Director (2019).
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 85 Kg.
Pounds: 188 lbs.
|Biceps Size||13.5 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||42-35-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||10.|
|Parents||Father: Bal Krishna Shukla.
Mother: Name Not Found.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
Sister: Shramita Shukla (Elder Sister).
|Relatives||Grandfather: Rameshwar Shukla (Ayurveda Practitioner).|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Neelam Shukla.|
|Children||Two Daughters (Name Not Known).|
|Highest Qualification||B.com & MA (Philosophy).|
|School||1. Carmel Convent Senior Secondary School.
2. Hindi High School, Kolkata.
|Alma Mater||Local College, Gwalior.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Rajesh Khanna.
Actress: Hema Malini.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Shimla.|
|Love to do||Play Tennis & Reading Books.|
|Favorite Dishes||Poha & Dosa.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||Rs. 80 Lakh Indian Rupees (As of 2019).|
|Earnings per month||Rs. 1-1.5 Lakh INR.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
|Official Website||Not Known.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Rishi Kumar Shukla
- Rishi is a Tennis Champion.
- In fact, he wins different competitions.
- He is the person behind the arrest of Abhishek Mishra (Pro-Congress YouTuber).
- Additionally, the Kamal Government replaces him with VK Singh on January 30.
- His competitor for the CBI Director place is Rina Mitra.
- She is the Special Secretary in the Home Affairs.
- Actually, he took training of crisis and negotiation from the USA.
- However, Rishi Kumar Shukla faces heart issues in 2018.
Read Also: The Story of Kavita Singh Life | Wikipedia, Trivia & Profile
- On the other hand, he is the First DSP holding a Twitter Account.
- Shukla started the Special Task Force (STF) and Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) in Madhya Pradesh.
- Furthermore, his height is 5 feet 8 inches tall (173 cm)
- The IPS Officer weight i.e. 85 kg (188 lbs).