Rob Mendez (born May 09, 1988) is an American Football Coach, Artist, and Motivational Speaker from Gilroy, California. He is best known by his nickname Coach Without Limbs. He recently won the 2019 ESPN ESPYs Jimmy V Award for Perseverance. The event took place on July 10, 2019.
Furthermore, the 31-year-old coach also gave a motivational speech while receiving his award. He said that he is not done yet and he has made it this far, and who says he can’t go further. Moreover, his real full birth name is Robert Mendez Jr.
Moreover, Rob is currently working as a head coach of the junior varsity football team at Prospect High School in San Jose, California. He held this position last summer and his team ended the season with an 8-2 record.
Profile, Career & Net worth
The football coach belongs to a very supportive family. One day, his older sister brought him a PlayStation. She tucked its controller under his chin and collarbone. Later, she encouraged him to play video games.
Rob started to play a very popular football videogame named Madden. In fact, he even received the second position in a Madden tournament at Gilroy High School. Mendez then joined his high school team as a manager when he was a freshman.
Rob became the varsity quarterbacks coach by his senior year. As of 2019, he worked as an assistant coach at five different high schools. Moreover, Mike Cable (varsity football coach at Prospect High School) saw potential in Rob for becoming the head coach.
In 2019, Without Limbs Football Coach, Rob Mendez Net worth is valued at $1.2 Million US Dollars.
Currently, he is working as a junior varsity coach at Prospect High School. He also did jobs at Best Buy and Walmart. Rob is completely mobile and uses the motorized chair which he controls with his head and neck.
As an artist, he paints and draws beautiful sketches with the help of his month. In fact, many of his drawings are available on his Instagram account. In February 2019, his story was featured on a documentary named “Who Says I Can’t“.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Robert Mendez Jr.|
|Profession||Football Coach, Artist, and Motivational Speaker.|
|Famous for||being a winner of the 2019 ESPN ESPYs Jimmy V Award Winner.|
|Age (As of 2018)||31 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||May 09, 1988.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Gilroy, California, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Taurus.|
|House In||San Jose, California, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/coachrobmendez/
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 2' 2".
Centimeters: 67 cm.
Meters: 0.67 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 20 Kg.
Pounds: 44 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||38-28-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||NA|
|Parents||Father: Robert Mendez Sr.
Mother: Josie Mendez.
|Siblings||Sisters: Jackie Mendez and Maddy Mendez.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|School||Gilroy High School.|
|Alma Mater.||San Jose City College.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Ryan Reynolds.
Actress: Scarlett Johansson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Pizza, Fries & Ice Cream.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$1.2 Million US Dollars (As of 2019).|
|Monthly Salary, Income & Earnings||$80K - $100K USD.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Email Address||Not found.|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Rob Mendez
- Wikipedia: Football coach with hand & Arms, Rob Mendez was born on the 9th of May 1988 in Gilroy, California, USA. Therefore, his age is 31 years old, as of 2019.
- The coach’s parents are Robert Mendez Sr. (father) and Josie Mendez (mother).
- Furthermore, he also has two siblings i.e. sisters named Jackie Mendez and Maddy Mendez.
- Robert was born with a rare congenital disorder called tetra-amelia syndrome.
- In this, a genetic mutation stops the formation of all four limbs in utero.
- Moreover, Rob’s mom found out that her baby will not have limbs after 8 months into pregnancy.
- When the coach was just 18 months old, he began attending a special school.
- Later, by using adaptive technology, Rob was able to ski and swim.
- He also writes and draws with the help of his mouth.
Explore More: Who is Patrick Farhart? His Biography, Lifestyle, Story & Facts to know
- As of education, Robert graduated from Gilroy High School.
- He also started taking classes at San Jose City College in 2016.
- During school, Mendez used to play as goalie in street hockey games with his friends.
- Physique Details: Rob Mendez height is measured at 2 feet 2 inches tall (67 cm). Therefore, he is way shorter than other soccer coaches. His body weight is only 20 Kg (44 pounds).
- Due to excessive use of neck, Robert also suffers from chronic neck, back, and shoulder pain.
- Mendez also suffers from scoliosis. It is a low alcohol tolerance and he has to see what he eats and drinks.
- Mike McAvoy acts like his caretaker and friend who is helping him from almost 5 years with all his work.
- His parents also introduced him to Nick Vujicic (Australian Christian evangelist and motivational speaker).
- As of relationship, Coach Rob is currently unmarried and single. He wants to focus on his coaching and motivational speaker career.