Rocky Parker (born 26 February 1940) was an American famous actress, model, entrepreneur, and television personality from Brooklyn, New York, United States. She was well-known in the country as the former spouse of “Patrick Dempsey”. Patrick is a famous American actor, former race car driver, and philanthropist.
He is famously known for his work in Hollywood movies like Hugo Pool, Sweet Home Alabama, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Berlin, I Love You, and others. Apart from this, Dempsey has also appeared in so many television series such as The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!, Crime and Punishment, The Practice, Devils, Private Practice, etc.
Patric also awarded with so many awards for his talent. On the other side, if we talk about his ex-wife profession then Rocky Parker was also a talented actress and television personality.
She was known for her best performances in Hollywood movies and shows. As is commonly said preferably late over never, at the age of 17 years old she began her displaying vocation. She started doing modeling for commercial advertisements and magazines such as True Romance during the ’50s.
Likewise, she did a lot of print advertisements. She was a piece of the Virginia Slim Campaign You’ve Come A Long Way Baby. After some time, she was selected for Hollywood.
Firstly, she did some small roles in the movies. Later, she has appeared in the lead role in so many hit movies like Can’t Buy Me, Love, In the Mood, Happy Together, and others. Today, I will tell you about the wiki of famous actress Rocky Parker. So let’s start.
|Real Full Birth Name||Rochelle Natalie Parker.|
|Age at the time of death||74 years old.|
|Cause of Death||Lung and Throat Cancer.|
|Year of Birth||February 26, 1940.|
|Date of Death||April 19, 2014.|
|Place of Death||Los Angeles, California, USA.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Brooklyn, New York, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||Pisces.
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Meters: 1.67 m.
Centimeters: 167 cm.
|Weight||Pounds: 132 lbs.
Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Stone: 9.44 st.
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Bernard Parker.
Mother: Shirley Parker.
|Siblings||No Data Available.|
|Husband||1. Sheldon Leonard Stein (21 Aug 1958-1963).
2. John David Haas (1964-1968).
3. Patrick Dempsey (24 August 1987-26 April 1994).
|Kids||1. David Alan Parker (14th August 1959).
2. Corey Parker Haas.
3. Noelle Parker (December 25, 1971).
|Last Updated||On 26 June 2020 (©️ Copyright - Dreshare.com)|
|School||Martin Van Buren High School.|
|Alma Mater||New York University.|
|Career & Wealth|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Television Personality, and Entrepreneur.|
|Movies||1. The Rainbow Tribe.
2. Hung up on Elena.
3. Ava’s Magical Adventure.
4. Happy Together.
5. Can't Buy Me, Love.
6. In the Mood.
7. Boxing Helena.
The famous 90’s actress took birth from her parents on Monday, February 26, 1940, in Brooklyn, New York, United States. She was born into a celebrity family. Her real birth name is “Rochelle Natalie Parker”. Rocky Parker was 74 years old at the time of death. Her father’s name is “Bernard Parker”.
Her mother “Shirley Parker” was also a famous actress and television personality. Her mom is known for her performance in movies like The Minx and Mission Mars. She grew up playing with her siblings in Hopkinson Avenue. After some time, she moved Bayside, Queens along with her family in the year 1949.
Then, Patrick Dempsey’s spouse took admission to the Martin Buren High School and completed her high school graduation. According to the sources, Parker completed her graduation from New York University.
Because her mom was a celebrity, she raised in an acting environment. She used to visit movie sets along with her mom in her childhood. She decided to become an actress like her mom at a very young age.
After completing her high school graduation, she attempted and was selected for high school performing arts in Manhattan.
But her mother refused to join her because her family lived in an area far away from Manhattan, and she had to travel day by day to get to Manhattan. Later, she started doing modeling.
Personal Life, Husband & Children
The famous actress Rocky Parker married three times in her life. When she was 18 years old she started dating a person named “Sheldon Leonard Stein”. After some time of dating, Rocky got married to Sheldon on August 21, 1958. After one year of marriage, she gave birth to her first son named “David Alan Parker” on 14th August 1959.
At the birth of her first child, she was only 19 years old. After 3 years of David’s birth, the relations between Parker and Sheldon deteriorated. After that, they decided to divorce. In the year 1963, she got separated from Leonard Stein.
In the year 1964, she married John David Haas. It was her second marriage. Rocky Parker has also a son named “Corey Parker Haas” from her relationship with John. In 1968, John Hass passed away and she became a widow.
After that, she started focusing on her acting career. In 1970, she started a new relationship with a person named “Nick Ferri”. On December 25, 1971, she gave birth to Ferri’s child named “Noelle Parker”. According to the sources, Nick left her after the birth of Noelle.
Marriage with Patrick Dempsey
In the year 1984, she met actor “Patrick Dempsey” at the set of the movie named “Brighton Beach Memoirs”. She played the role of Patrick’s aunt in the movie. After a long-time of conversation, they started dating each other.
At their first meet, Patrick was 18 years old and Rocky Parker was 44. After some time of dating, the couple tied in a knot on August 24, 1987. At the time of marriage, she was 26 years older than him. Shortly after the wedding, Patrick’s behavior towards Rocky had changed.
He started abusing Rocky physically and verbally. She also suffered several injuries during Patrick Dempsey’s changed behavior. After that, Rocky Parker gave divorce to Patrick on 26 April 1994.
Later, she started living separately. After divorce with Rocky, Patrick Dempsey got married to “Jillian Fink”. After suffering from throat and lung cancer, Rocky Parker died at the age of 74 on 19th April 2014. At the time of her death, she was in Los Angeles, California.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rocky Parker
- At the point when Rocky was seven years of age, her auntie named Ida who worked at Movie Star Slips would bring her model garments, nightwear, and things to take a stab at.
- She at that point would clad in those ensembles and feel like a little famous actor.
- Her auntie also took Rocky to show her the latest Broadway shows.
- Viewing those on-screen characters in the stage and attempting those dresses caused her to acknowledge how enthusiastically and she needed to be in media outlets.
- This is the place she comprehended what she needed to do in her life.
- After that, she started doing modeling and started giving auditions.
- When Rocky Parker was 17 years old, she was selected as a model for the magazine named “True Romance in the ’50s”.
- Apart from this, Patrick Dempsey’s wife has also appeared in so many commercial print advertisements.
- At the age of 18, Rocky became the part of the “You’ve Come A Long Way Baby” a Virginia Slim Campaign.
- After some time, she started playing theatre plays in the late 60s.
- Rocky Parker played her first theatre with Susan Batson at “The Company”.
- After some time, she was selected for her debut show named “The Survivor”.
- In this show, she worked along with Zeljko Ivanek and David Marshall Grant.
- Later, she has appeared in so many shows and movies like Can’t Buy Me, Love, Boxing Helena, In the Mood, and others.
- In 1994, she directed a movie named “Ava’s Magical Adventure”.
- Apart from an actress, she also worked as an acting coach.
- Rocky Parker also gave acting training to celebrities such as Kelly Preston, Joan Chen, Brad Garett, Little Richard, etc.
- She was a very talented and hardworking lady.
- The height of Rocky Parker was 5 feet 6 inches and her weight is 130 pounds.