Rodney Reed (born December 22, 1967) is an American Criminal from Texas. However, he received the death penalty by the court. Reed accused of the rape of Stacey Stites (19-year-old bride). Furthermore, the victim girl engaged to Jimmy Fennel (Police Officer, Giddings).
Her missing case filed on April 23, 1996, according to Wikipedia. Later on, her dead body found near a forest. Stacey’s belt was strangulated on her. The DNA found on her body matched with Rodney. He also confirmed the DNA information.
The two of them were in a sexual relationship before the murder. Still, he also told that he did not kill the girl. The all-white jury declared him guilty on May 29, 1998. Now, he is in the Bishop County Prison.
There is a major turning point in the case of Stacey’s boyfriend. Some witnesses proved that Jimmy suspected in the murder. Dr. Phil is also trying to save Reed from the death sentence on November 20. In addition to this, he also discovered big evidence that can save him.
Early Life, Childhood & Parents
Rodney Reed was born on the 22nd of December 1967 in Texas (United States). On the other hand, his race is Afro-American.
He is from a middle-class background and his father-mother lives in the USA for the work. We could not discover any other detail about his early life.
|Real Full Birth Name||Rodney Reed.|
|Famous for||Accused for the murder and rape of Stacey Stites.|
|Age (As of 2019)||52 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||December 22, 1967.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Texas, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Capcricorn.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||8.|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Will Update.
|Siblings||Name Not Found.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Highest Qualification||High School Finished.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Rodney Reed
- Phil is currently working on his important case.
- Reed lived in the prison for 20 years on the murder charges.
- Fennell’s DNA not matched with the DNA found on her girlfriend’s body.
- Therefore, the case went unnoticed for a year.
- In 2019, A woman who knew Stacey and Jimmy sent a letter to the government.
- She wants to seek help for Rodney.
- In addition to this, there are some hidden details connected with them.
- The police officer threatened his partner on multiple occasions.
- Lee Clampit (Fennell’s Former Colleague) said that he behaved oddly during Stacey’s funeral rituals.
- On the other hand, Jimmy is also abusive to women.
Explore More: Nancy Herrera Biography, Trivia, Parents & Facts to know
- The Defense Lawyers of Rodney Reed asked the Supreme Court to intervene.
- Still, the appeals filed by them in the Texas court dismissed.
- According to Dr. Phil, there are some theories in favor of his client.
- He visited the jailhouse for Reed’s interview telecast on October 10.