Rupi Kaur (born October 4, 1992) is an Indian-Canadian Poet, Writer, Illustrator, Artist, and Author from Hoshiarpur (Punjab, India). At the age of 4, she came to Canada with her family. Presently, Rupi lives in Toronto.
She realizes her passion for writing in high school. Then, she shares her works on Instagram and Tumblr on her name. Kaur’s first book is “Milk and Honey” releases on November 4, 2017. Actually, it is all about showing the troubling times of a female.
She takes her past poems as her inspiration to create this book. Additionally, “Milk and Honey” has translated into 25 languages. The book enters in “The New York Times Best Seller List” within 77 weeks. As of now, 2.5 million copies have sold worldwide. Meanwhile, The Penguin Classic approaches her in 2019.
She has to write the introductory section of “The Prophet” by Khali Gibran. Soon, this book enters the public domain of the United States. Her influence is highlighting the beauty of the Sikh culture to the world.
Profile, Family & Before Fame
This Poet was born on the 4th of October 1992 in Hoshiarpur (Punjab, India). Additionally, Rupi Kaur’s age is around 26 years old. Though, the information about her mother and father is not available.
But, I have found a picture of her parents. She belongs to Sikhism religion and Punjabi South Asian Indian Ethnicity.
In fact, she has a sister Prabh Kaur. She did her high school from the Turner Fenton Secondary School.
Later on, she moves to the University of Waterloo for her degree in Rhetoric and Professional Writing. Rupi lived in Brampton City, Canada in her childhood.
View this post on Instagram
my beautiful readers. for years you’ve asked how you can put the poetry on your walls. i’m honoured to share my new collection of canvas art pieces exclusively on @madebyaspeth. the poetry now lives on a creamy natural canvas. i can’t wait for it to be hung on the walls of your home. each piece is hand-made. by artists in the city of toronto. there are two styles available. the handprinted canvases are silkscreened. and for those of you who want to grow your art collection: there are 100 hand-painted collector’s editions which will never be made again. signed and dated by yours truly. visit aspeth.com for the full collection.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Rupi Kaur.|
|Profession||Poet, Illustrator, and Writer.|
|Famous for||Her book "Milk & Honey" (2014).|
|Age (As of 2019)||26 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||October 4, 1992.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Hoshiarpur, Punjab (India).|
|Social Media Profiles||Facebook: Rupi Kaur (554,670 Likes).
Instagram : @rupikaur_ (3.6 million Followers).
Twitter: @rupikaur_ (234 K Followers).
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Libra.|
|Ethnicity||Punjabi (South Asian) Indian Descent.|
|Current Residence||Toronto, Canada.|
|Books Written||1. Milk and Honey (2014).
2. One NRI Girl (2016).
3. The Sun and Her Flowers (2017).
4. How Deep is your love? Coloring Book (2017).
5. The Colors of Love: An Inspirational Coloring Book (2017).
|Awards||1. BBC 100 Women (2017).
2. Google reads Choice Award for Best Poetry.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 3".
Centimeters: 160 cm.
Meters: 1.6 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 123 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||33-26-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||6.|
|Tattoo details?||Will Update.|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Will Update.
Sister: Prabh Kaur.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Highest Qualification||Graduates in Rhetoric and Professional Writing from University of Waterloo.|
|School||Turner Fenton Secondary School.|
|College/ University||University of Waterloo.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Brad Pitt.
Actress: Adeline Rudolph.
Writers: Alice Walker and Sharon Olds.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris, London & Punjab.|
|Favorite Color||Yellow, Blue & White.|
|Love to do||Drawing, Painting & Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Aloo Paratha, Fries & Coffee.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$1 Million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||Under Review.|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Hidden Facts about Rupi Kaur
- Rupi exclusively uses the lower case of the Gurmukhi script.
- She tells her mom inspires her to paint and draw.
- Furthermore, she enjoys the equality of words while writing.
- This shows her view of the world.
- Additionally, she focuses on common themes like heartbreak, feminism, abuse, and love.
- During March 2015, she adds a controversial post on her official Instagram with 3.6 m followers.
- Rupi’s sweat pant and the bedsheet have covered with the menstrual bloodstains.
- In fact, the 26-year-old describes it as visual form poetry to fight against social taboos.
- Figure Measurements: She stands at a decent height of 5 feet 3 inches or 160 cm tall. In addition, her body weight is around 55 Kilograms (123 lbs) approx.
- Though, Kaur receives negative views for her photos.
- She draws her inspiration for the scholars such as Alice Walker and Sharon Olds.
- Moreover, she also shares her English learning experience in Canada too.
- Money Factor: The estimated Rupi Kaur Net worth is around $1 Million US Dollars.
Have a Look: The Biography of Jem Wolfie | Story, Trivia, Lifestyle & Profile
- She is in the BBC 100 Women list of 2017.
- Later on, Ms. Kaur has honored with the Google reads Choice Award for Best Poetry.
- Her distinctive collections are “Modern Romance Color (BK)”, “One NRI Girl” and “The Sun and Her Flowers”.
- Currently, the young writer shows her dating status as single.