Sadhguru aka “Jaggi Vasudev” (born 3 September 1957) is a popular Indian yogi (saint) and author from Mysore, Karnataka, India. He is a famous personality in India. He is the founder of the “Isha Foundation”.
This foundation performs educational, spiritual, environmental, and other activities. Jaggi established the Isha Foundation in the year 1992. He propagates his thoughts to make people aware of God and their destiny.
Moreover, he is a great devotee of Lord Shiva. His foundation also made a statue of Shiva at Tamil Nadu, near Isha Yoga center. Vasudev organizes a religious program close to the Statue on the occasion of every Mahashivratri.
This program runs all night. Similarly, on Mahashivratri of 21st February 2020, Guru Ji organized a grand religious program. Many famous artists participated in this program.
The entire program was shown live on Divya Channel. Isha Foundation has put the full video of the program on his self-titled YouTube channel.
This is a night of phenomenal significance for every one of us. This is not about worship, not about a particular belief system. This is about enhancing the human beings that we are. We are the only creatures on the planet who have come with this privilege. –Sg #Mahashivaratri pic.twitter.com/zccegua2AV
— Sadhguru (@SadhguruJV) February 22, 2020
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Profile
Jaggi Vasudev was born in a Telugu family on 3 September 1957 in Mysore, Karnataka, India. In February 2020, Sadhguru’s age is 62 years old. He belongs to the Brahmin caste.
His father “Vasudev Kumar” was an ophthalmologist doctor and his mother “Susheela Vasudev” was a homemaker. There are 3 siblings his family, one brother, and two sisters but their names are unknown.
Jaggi completed his schooling from Demonstration School in Mysore in the year 1973. After that, he took admission to The University of Mysore for completing his graduation in the field of English Literature.
He didn’t do his post-graduation, because he wants to do his own business. He is very intelligent from childhood. Vasudev has great faith in God since childhood.
Physical Stats, Height, Weight & More
The great saint is a fit and active person. He prefers Ayurved instead of other chemical products. They believe that there is nothing above Ayurveda. He also said that if a person uses Ayurveda, he should always be healthy. Jaggi’s lifestyle is very normal.
He mostly wears the dhoti and kameez. He always wears a turban on his head. Jaggi Vasudev always does morning walk and yoga.
He has also a yoga ashram, where he gives yoga tips to the peoples. He follows a purely vegetarian diet. Sadhguru’s tall height is measured at 5 feet 8 inches (in meters 1.73 m) and his body weight is around 70 kilograms (in pounds 154 lbs).
He keeps long white beards and long hair. Vasudev has big black eyes. He always wears a watch on his left hand.
Personal Life, Spouse Vijaykumari & Children
The 62-year-old man lives a spiritual life. He has an affair with his wife “Vijaykumari” in the year 1983). They used to send love letters to each other and their bond became strong.
The couple tied in a knot in the year 1984. He became the father of his daughter in the year 1990.
Sadhguru’s wife was an investment banker. In 1997, his wife died and his father-in-law filed a report against him that, he murdered Vijaykumari. But he said that the cause of his wife’s death is Maha Samadhi.
He also said that his wife had told him 9 months ago that she was going to die. After that, he lives with his daughter. Jaggi Vasudev got her daughter married to Sandeep Narayan, who is a classical dancer.
Some Hidden Facts about Sadhguru “Jaggi Vasudev”
|Real Full Birth Name||Jaggi Vasudev.|
|Profession||Yogi and Author.|
|Famous for||Isha Foundation.|
|Age (As of 2019)||62 years old.|
|Date of Birth||3 September 1957.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Mysore, Karnataka, India.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|House Address||Isha Foundation15, Govindasamy Naidu Layout, Singanallur, Coimbatore 641 005, India.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Dr. Vasudev.
Mother: Susheela Vasudev.
|Siblings||Brother: 1 (name not known).
Sisters: 2 (name not available).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Kids||Daughter: Radhe Jaggi (born in 1990).|
|Social media||Instagram: @sadhguru (2.6 million + followers).
Twitter: @SadhguruJV (2.4 million + followers).
Youtube: Self-titled (4.32 million + subscribers).
Facebook: @sadhguru (5.8 million + followers).
|School||Demonstration School, Mysore.|
|Alma Matter||The University of Mysore.|
|Books||1. Inner Engineering: A Yogi's Guide to Joy.
2. Adiyogi: The Source of Yoga.
3. Mystic's Musings.
4. Encounter the Enlightened.
5. Emotion and Relationships.
6. Midnights with the Mystic: A Little Guide to Freedom and Bliss.
7. Life and Death in One Breath.
8. Mind is your Business.
9. Death; An Inside Story: A book for all those who shall die
10. Flowers on the Path.
11. Don’t Polish Your Ignorance ...It May Shine.
12. The Mystic Eye.
13. Sacred Space For Self-transformation.
14. Himalayan Lust.
15. Eternal Echoes: The Sacred Sounds Through the Mystic.
16. Yogic Diet: All You Need To Know About Food.
17. Essential Wisdom From A Spiritual Master (Hindi).
18. Pebbles Of Wisdom.
19. Of Mystics & Mistakes.
20. Enlightenment - What It Is.
|Net worth (approx.)||INR 250 crore (as in 2020).
Career & Net worth
Jaggi Vasudev is an author by profession. He wrote so many books on spiritual values and beliefs. Some of his popular books are Mystic’s Musings, Death; an inside Story: A book for all those who shall die, Flowers on the Path, etc.
His all the books are available online. In the year 1992, he formed a non-profit organization named “Isha Foundation” in Tamil Nadu, which serves various activities like Yoga, educationals, environment, etc.
Sadhguru propagates righteousness through this foundation. He provides daily Yoga programs in the Isha Yoga Center. This foundation has so many sectors like the educational and environmental sectors.
They mainly focus on the environmental sector. They provide green hand projects, rally for rivers, Cauvery calling, green foresting. Sadhguru’s Net worth is around INR 250 crore (as in 2020).
What is Adiyogi Shiva Statue?
Adiyogi Shiva Statue: This is a statue of Lord Shiva made by the Isha Foundation, which is run by Jaggi Vasudev. Sadhguru himself designed the statue. This statue is situated in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. the statue was completed on 27 February 2017.
The height of the statue is 112 feet (in meter 34 m). This creation makes space in the Guniss world’s book of records as the Largest Bust Sculpture in the world.
Jaggi organizes a religious function on the occasion of Mahashivratri every year at the place. The inaugurated of the statue is done by Prime Minister “Narendra Modi”.
- He always involved in Social activities.
- On 13 April 2017, Jaggi Vasudev was honored by the Padma Vibhushan award.
- In 2012, According to The Indian Express, Jaggi was stood at the 92nd number of top 100 most powerful Indians.
- He likes to spend his time in a peaceful space like forests.
- Vasudev learned Yoga from the guru “Malladihalli Sri Raghavendra Swami Ji”.
- He loves to drive royal infield bikes on hilly areas, although in his childhood he used to ride bikes on Chamundi Hills.
- Jaggi Vasudev likes to travel to different countries alone.
- At his young age, he adopted so many businesses like Poultry farm, construction, brick making, etc.
- Sadhguru finds many mystical experiences by doing deep meditation.
- In 2003, he started Action for Rural Rejuvenation (ARR) program for poor peoples.
- There are so many Isha Yoga centers are opened worldwide.
- In the year 2010, Vasudev organized Mount Kailash Journey.
- Sadhguru teaches the lesson of deep meditation to everyone.
- He also formed an Isha Vidya Foundation for providing education to poor peoples.
- Jaggi also loves cooking and makes his food by himself.
- He also knows how to fly a helicopter.
- Jaggi Vasudev is the holder of 4 social media accounts.
- Isha Foundation’s official website is “isha.sadhguru.org”.