Samantha Lee (born May 15, 1991 – died December 22, 2019) was a Singaporean Reality Television Star, Singer, Freelance Musician, and Social Media Personality from Singapore. She was best known for participating in the singing reality TV series “Singapore Idol“.
She competed in the competition back in 2009 for Season 3rd. Furthermore, Samantha performed on the song called “Don’t Speak” by No Doubt during her auditions. In fact, she bagged a position in the top 12 contestants of the series.
Unfortunately, the singer died at the young age of 28 after suffering from mental illness for several years. Previously, Lee posted a message on her social media where she requested those who are suffering.
She wanted them to seek help who are dealing with mental health and domestic violence. The post went live on her Facebook one day before when she took her own life. Samantha also said in another post that her death should motivate people to take help in the initial stages of depression.
Death Cause, Depression & Controversy
Samantha Lee passed away due to suicide on December 22, 2019, i.e. Sunday. Her death news was first confirmed on her official Facebook page. The message stated which was posted the same day around 9 o’clock.
Earlier, the singer uploaded a video on her social media at around 6 pm where she didn’t speak anything. However, she left a message and it said that she was thankful to everyone who helped her.
The caption continued by saying nobody could understand her depression as she was the one who is suffering it. Lee further added that this world is not fit for her and said goodbye to her audience.
The beautiful artists’ funeral took place at Singapore Funeral Parlour, 2A Daisy Hall. She then cremated on December 24, 2019, at 1715 hour at Mandai Crematorium Services Hall 3.
|Real Full Birth Name||Samantha Lee Qing Xuan.|
|Profession||Reality Television Star, Singer, Freelance Musician, and Social Media Personality.|
|Famous for||being one of the top 12 contestants in the reality show "Singapore Idol".|
|In the News for||died at the age of 28 by suicide.|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||28 years old.|
|Date of Birth||May 15, 1991.|
|Date of Death||December 22, 2019.|
|Cause of Death||Depression and Mental Illness.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Taurus.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/samxntha/?
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 4".
Centimeters: 164 cm.
Meters: 1.64 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 51 Kg.
Pounds: 112 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-23-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
Sister: 1 sis.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||name not available.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate.|
|School||Secondary School in Singapore.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Pierre Png.
Actress: Fann Wong.
Rock Band: No Doubt.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Singing, Shopping, and Watching TV Shows.|
|Favorite Food||Chinese Cuisine.|
|Income Source||Event Appearances, Stage Shows, Working as Freelancer, and much more.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$300K US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Samantha Lee
- Singapore Idol Singer was born to her parents in 1991 in Singapore (Samantha Lee’s age was 28 years old, as of 2019). She used to celebrate her birthday on the 15th of May and her zodiac sign is Taurus.
- Her real full birth name is Samantha Lee Qing Xuan.
- She had a younger sister (name not available) and the singer also posted a Happy Birthday Message on Facebook on October 30, 2015.
- Samantha also related to Joe Lee (musician) but we are not sure how he is related to the artist. He attended Singapore Polytechnic and graduated from Lasalle College of the Arts.
- After completing her secondary school studies, she began to work in 2008 as a musician.
- The late singer worked as a freelance musician from 2008 to 2013 and made a decent income.
- Later, in 2013, she started to work Unplugged Singapore which is a music bar.
- Furthermore, Lee left the job back in 2018 and again began to work as a freelance musician and singer.
- As a musician, she took training in playing guitar and piano.
- Moreover, Qing Xuan was a married woman at the time of her death. But we have no information about her husband as of now.
- Samantha Lee also had a pet dog and a cat.