Samitha Mudunkotuwa (born 7 January 1973) is a famous Sri Lankan singer, songwriter, actress, and entrepreneur from Horana, Sri Lanka. She is famous in her country for her emotional and romantic songs.
She was born into a musician family. She started music professionally in the year 1988. She debuts in the music industry with her first cassettes named “Ira Paya”. People love all songs of this cassette very much.
Three years later, she launched another cassette album named “Rosa Mal Mawatha” in 1991. After that, she released many Cassette Albums and CD Albums such as Muthu Kumari, Adara Sulanga, Sansaranya, Pem Pawasa, Kolompure, etc. She is a very talented lady. Let’s check out the bio of Samitha Mudunkotuwa.
Early Life, Parents, Brother & Bio
The famous singer came to this world from her parents on Sunday, January 7, 1973, in Horana, Sri Lanka. She was born into a musician’s house. Samitha Mudunkotuwa celebrated her 47th birthday on 7 January 2020 along with her family.
Her father “Premadasa Mudunkotuwa” is a professional Classical singer and songwriter. He completed his singing from Bhathkanda Music College. Her mother “Kumari Bothota” works at the Sri Lanka Broadcasting Corporation (SLBC) as a folk singer.
She has a younger brother in the family (name not available). She joined Shripali Vidyalaya in her hometown for completing her primary education. Later, she enrolled her name at the Buddhist Ladies College for her higher education.
She decided to become a professional singer like her parents at a very early age. She completed her music and dancing education from Piyasara Shilpadhipathy. She also used to learn tips for music from her dad.
Physical Stats, Height, Weight & More
The beautiful lady lives a very normal life. She prefers meditation and yoga instead of gyming and heavy workouts. Her body seems that she is not interested in gyming. Moreover, she follows a proper diet to keeps her body stats fit and active.
Samitha Mudunkotuwa stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (in meters 1.67 m). Her bodyweight is around 75 kilograms (in pounds 165.34 lbs). She looks beautiful with her long silky black hair. The big black eyes on her face make her more gorgeous. She inked a tattoo on her right-hand wrist.
Personal Life, Spouse & Daughter
At present, Samitha Mudunkotuwa lives in Sri Lanka along with her kids and parents. She was in a relationship with her ex-husband “Athula Adikari” for a long time. Mudunkotuwa met him for the first time at a music concert.
Let me tell you that, Athula is also a famous Sri Lankan singer and musician. Both of them sing many duet songs. After a long-time of relationship, Samitha Mudunkotuwa tied in a knot with Athula Adikari.
After marriage, she becomes the mother of two kids. Her elder daughter “Kavindya Adikari” is also a famous actress and singer. Her son’s name is “Shane Adikari”. After some time, the relationship between them deteriorated because of a female singer “Amaya”.
Her husband stared dating Amaya secretly. Later, the couple got divorced and Athula got married to Amaya. After the divorce, Samitha took custody of her kids and started living with her parents. She never remarried after a divorce. According to some sources, she is still in touch with her ex-husband.
|Real Full Birth Name||Samitha Kumari Erandathi Mudunkotuwa.|
|Profession||Actress, Singer, and Songwriter.|
|Age (As of 2020)||47 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||January 7 in 1973.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Horana, Sri Lanka.
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||Capricorn.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 167 cm.
Meters: 1.67 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165.34 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.|
|Parents||Father: Premadasa Mudunkotuwa.
Mother: Kumari Bothota.
|Siblings||Brother: 1 (name not available).|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Kids||Son: Shane Adikari.
Daughter: Kavindya Adikari.
|School||Shripali Vidyalaya, Horana.|
|Alma Mater||Buddhist Ladies' College.|
|Career & Wealth|
|Albums||1. Ira Paya (1988).
2. Rosa Mal Mawathe (1991).
3. Kolompure (1992).
4. Muthu Kumari (1995).
5. Adara Sulanga (1998).
6. Pem Pawasa (2001).
7. Sansaranya (2002).
|Net worth (approx.)||LKR 10-15 Crore (as in 2020).|
|Last Updated||On 22 May 2020 (© Dreshare.com).|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Samitha Mudunkotuwa
- Before launching her first cassette album, she participated in many music reality shows.
- In the year 1988, Samitha Mudunkotuwa released her first album titled “Ira Paya”.
- Later, she launched two other cassette albums like Kolompure and Rosa Mal Mawatha.
- Mudunkotuwa released her first CD albums titled “Muthu Kumari” in the year 1995.
- Apart from playback singing, she also performed in many live stage concerts and functions.
- In her first cassette album, she collaborated with a famous musician named “Rohana Weerasinghe”.
- Apart from a singer, Samitha Mudunkotuwa is also a fine actress.
- As an actress, she has appeared in many Sri Lankan television series and movies like Ganga and Nishshanka, Mudiyanse Mama, Dala Rala Pela, etc.
- From her music and acting career, Mudunkotuwa earned the net worth of LKR 10-15 crore (approx.) as in 2020.
- She is very close to her daughter.
- Her dad taught music to many popular Sri Lankan singers.
- Samitha won so many awards and medals for her excellence and talent.
- Her real birth name is Samitha Kumari Erandathi Mudunkotuwa.
- She never created a single account on social media.
- On 13 February 2020, her daughter launched her new romantic song titled “Thurulu Wenna Da”.