Santa Claus (also known as Father Christmas or simply Santa) is a legendary fictional personality introduced in Western Christian culture. Some of his other nicknames are Saint Nicholas, Saint Nick, and Kris Kringle.
Santa is someone who brings presents to the well-behaved children’s homes. As per the source, he came on the night of Christmas Eve i.e. on December 24 or during the early morning hours of Christmas Day.
Furthermore, Claus became famous in Canada and the United States in the 19th century. His significant influence came from the 1823 poem titled “A Visit from St. Nicholas”.
According to Wikipedia, he makes records of children everywhere in the world. Later, Saint Nick then categorizes them as per their behavior and then delivers gifts. He gives things like toys and candies.
Body Statistics & Physical Appearances
Father Christmas is commonly represented as a jolly, stout, and bearded man. He even sometimes wears spectacles. Santa dresses in a red coat with white fur collar and cuffs. He also wears white-fur-cuffed red trousers with a red hat having white fur.
His outfit also has a black leather belt and boots. Saint Nick also has seen carrying a bag full of gifts for children riding a sleigh. Moreover, Claus’s vehicle is led by eight reindeer. Santa Claus stands a decent height of 5 ft 7 in (170 cm tall) with a bulky build.
He weighs around 270 pounds (117 kgs) and possesses a fat physique. In addition, his physical appearance featured on various radio, television, song, kid’s books, films, and advertising.
|Real Full Birth Name||Santa Claus.|
|Nick name||Santa, Father Christmas, Saint Nicholas, Saint Nick, and Kris Kringle.|
|Profession||Provide Gifts to Well-behaved Kids.|
|Famous for||being the legendary fictional character who gives presents on the night of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||200 years.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||year 270.|
|Origin||Western Christian culture.|
|Nationality||British or Dutch.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not known.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 117 Kg.
Pounds: 270 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||45-38-42.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Personalities||a jolly, stout, and bearded man.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Santa Claus
- Santa Claus loosely based on a real person who was born around the year 270 with the real name St. Nicholas.
- As per the source, Nicholas was the Bishop of Myra which is a town now located in Turkey.
- Since St. Nicholas’s death, he has been dedicated as the patron saint of children.
- Moreover, Claus is only been 200 years as per the Dutch tradition.
- Kris Kringle aka Santa’s story first appeared in a New York City newspaper in 1773.
- He accomplishes his tasks with the help of elves who are green or red clad with large, pointy ears and cornered hats.
- Santa produces the toys in his workshop located at the North Pole. Later, his flying reindeer who pull the sleigh in order to deliver the presents.
- Father Christmas is said to deliver coal to all the misbehaving girls and boys on the night of Christmas Eve.
- Furthermore, Claus’s laughing sounds like “ho ho ho”.
- Santa is also a married man and tied the knot with his wife “Mrs. Claus“. In the 1849 short story titled “A Christmas Legend” penned by James Rees first mentioned his spouse.
- In addition, the idea of Mrs. Claus observed in several literary publications such as Harper’s Magazine and the Yale Literary Magazine.
- Katherine Lee Bates’ 1889 poem “Goody Santa Claus on a Sleigh Ride” made Santa’s wife extremely popular.
- She is also known as a Goody, Goodwife, or Mrs.
- Father Christmas first showed wearing different colored robes such as purple, blue, green, brown, and etc.
- Later, at the beginning of the late 1800s, Santa became popular in a red suit.
- Artist Louis Prang then portrayed him as a modern Santa in a series of Christmas cards in 1885.
- In fact, Haddon Sundblom (artist) also illustrated him in a widely-circulated campaign for Coca-Cola in the early 1930s.
- James Edgar (Massachusetts businessman) became the first department store Santa in 1890.