Shaktikanta Das (born February 25, 1957) is an Indian RBI Governor and former IAS officer from Bhubaneswar, India. He is the retired Indian Administrative Officer (IAS) of 1980 batch from the Tamil Nadu Cadre. Currently, the ACC has appointed him as the RBI governor for three years.
In fact, he does not hold economics background. This decision came when Urjit Patel resigned from his position. He worked as the Revenue Secretary, Economic Affairs Secretary, and Financial Affairs Secretary.
The 25th governor holds different advantages to get the post of governor. He can coordinate with the government officials easily. On the other hand, his CV makes him capable to head the apex banking institution of India.
Earlier, he is the spokesperson of the government at the time of the demonetization. Still, Mr. Patel left the post due to his personal reasons. Apart from that, there are mix reviews on Das appointment.
The Marketing Head of the DBS Bank, Singapore Ashish Vaidya supported the Indian government decision. Moreover, the other governors with the IAS background are Y. Venugopal Reddy and Duvvuri Subbarao.
Recently, Shaktikanta took the charge in front of President Ram Nath Kovind. Somehow, Abhijeet Banerjee, MIT professor doubts on Mr. Das creditability to work as RBI governor.
Profile, Parents & Early Life
This Retired IAS officer was born on 25th of February 1957 in Bhubaneswar (Odisha, India). Currently, Shaktikanta Das’s age is 61 years old. He went to the Demonstration Multipurpose School in Bhubaneswar. In fact, he earned his BA and MA (History) from St. Stephens College (University of Delhi).
After that, Shaktikanta did a course in advance management from Indian Institute of Management (IIM, Bengaluru). Das went to National Institute of Banking Management (NIBM, Pune) for banking and credit program. He worked on two project-level career training from IIM Calcutta and Administrative Staff College.
Soon, he took another training session in Himachal Pradesh Institute of Public Administration and the government management institution. However, the information about his personal life is under review.
|Full Birth Name||Shaktikanta Das.|
|Profession||Retired IAS & RBI Governor.|
|Famous For||Appointed as the RBI Governor of India.|
|Age (At the time of his death)||61 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||February 25, 1957.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Bhubaneswar (Odisha, India).|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Pisces.|
|Current Residence||New Delhi, India.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 62 Kg.
Pounds: 136 lbs.
|Biceps Size||12 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-36-37.|
|Shoe Size (US)||7.|
|Parents||Father: Not Found.
Mother: Name Not Known.
Sister: 1 Elder Sis (Name Not Known).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not Found.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Will Update Soon.|
|Highest Qualification||BA and MA in History from St. Stephens College (University of Delhi).|
|School||Demonstration Multipurpose School , Bhubaneswar.|
|Alma Mater||1. St. Stephens College (University of Delhi).
2. Indian Institute of Management (IIM, Bengaluru).
3. National Institute of Banking Management (NIBM, Pune).
4. IIM Calcutta.
5. Administrative Staff College.
6. Himachal Pradesh Institute of Public Administration.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Rajesh Khanna.
Actress: Asha Parekh.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Favorite Color||White & Black.|
|Love to do||Reading Books.|
|Favorite Dishes||North Indian Food.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||Rs. 70 Lakh Indian Rupees (As of 2018).|
|Earnings per month||Rs. 90,000 (as the RBI Governor).|
|Office Address||Will Update.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
Some Facts about Shaktikanta Das (RBI Governor)
- Shaktikanta is among the powerful civil servants of India.
- In fact, he served as a Civil Servant for three decades and retired in 2017.
- At last, he has worked as the Union Economic Affair Secretary.
- He is a member of the 15th Financial Commission of India.
- During demonetization, he and Urjit Patel introduced the new Rs. 500 and 2000 notes.
- Das can fluently speak Oriya, Hindi, English, and Tamil.
- However, he questioned for giving land to an American company in 2016.
- Additionally, he holds the responsibility of India Sherpa in the G 20 summit.
- On the other hand, he feels that discussions can solve the problems easily.
Read Also: The Profile of Medha Aich | Wikipedia & Personal Trivia
- As the RBI Governor, he focuses on the MSME schemes and the different banks operating in India.
- Moreover, Shaktikanta Das wants to reduce the pressure of NPA on the Government Banks.
- According to his resume, he joined Tamil Nadu administration as the Special Commissioner of Revenue and Principal Secretary of Industries.