Sharjeel Imam (born in 1988) is an Indian Ph.D. Scholar and Activist from Kako, Bihar (India). He did his doctorate in Modern Indian History from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
Furthermore, he gave controversial speeches at Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) for CAA and NRC. He arrived as an influential vocal critic against the BJP government. Imam is the initial organizer in the Shaheen Bagh protest.
However, the lives of the innocent people affected due to the protest. Police and government officials blocked the roads of that time. Suddenly, Sharjeel escaped from Delhi.
The police team of Assam, Bihar, Delhi, Arunachal Pradesh, and Manipur were looking for him. He is the one person who gave inaccurate comments about the Northeastern states. On January 28, 2020, the investigation team arrested him in Patna. His family members supported him.
Early Life, Parents, Education & Childhood
Sharjeel Imam took birth in an affluent background in 1988 in Kako. As of 2020, he completed 32 years of age. His father is Late Akbar Imam. Furthermore, Sharjeel’s dad was a good friend of Nitish Kumar (Chief Minister, Bihar).
Akbar fought the Jehanabad elections from the JDU party in 2005. However, he lost the elections. Mr. Imam studied at the St. Xavier School in Patna. After that, he moved to the Delhi Public School in Vasant Vihar, Delhi.
Sharjeel finished his B.Tech and M.Tech degree from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT, Delhi). Then, he admitted to the Ph.D. (Modern Indian History) at the JNU. Afshan Rahim is his caring mom’s name.
|Full Name||Sharjeel Imam.|
|Profession||Ph.D. Scholar and Activist.|
|In the News For||Accused in the Shaheen Bagh protest and the police arrested him from Bihar.|
|Age (As of 2020)||32 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1988.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Kako (Bihar, India).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|House In||Delhi, India.|
|Parents||Father: Late Akbar Imam.
Mother: Afshan Rahim
|Siblings||Brother: Name Not Known.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Highest Qualification||1. B.Tech & M.Tech from IIT.
2. Ph.D. (Modern Indian History) from JNU.
|School||1. St. Xavier School, Patna.
2. Delhi Public School, Vasant Vihar.
|Alma Mater.||1. Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai (IIT).
2. Jawaharlal National University (JNU).
Some Lesser Known Facts about Sharjeel Imam
- He actively posted his opinions on his Twitter account.
- Specific sources revealed that his official Twitter handle suspended for some time.
- Sharjeel is the main protestors in the Shaheen Bagh case.
- In addition to this, he is a member of the core committee.
- Sharjeel Imam is trying to be like Kanhiya Kumar in the future.
- He worked in top multinational companies in the Mumbai city.
- On the other hand, he appointed as a teaching assistant in the IIT.
- He followed the Muslim religion.
- The CAA-NRC affected the sentiments of the Hindu, Muslim, and the Bengali community people of the northeast.
- He joined the student council in the JNU.
- Later on, Mr. Imam received the membership of the All India Student Association (AISA), the student wing of CPI (ML).
- He began progressively in the JNU on the Islamophobia.
- However, the Jehanabad police took his brother for the investigation.
- Sharjeel Imam was the topper in school. In addition to this, he scored 98 marks in Computer Science and Maths.
- His teachers took his mark sheet for rechecking.