Stanley Ho (born 25 November 1921) was a popular Chinese businessman, Entrepreneur, Investor, and Philanthropist from British Hong Kong, China. He was a well-known billionaire businessman in Hong Kong. Stanley was famously known as the chairman and the founder of the popular business company “SJM Holdings”.
He established the company in the year 1962. He was the world-famous gambler and also known with the nickname of “King of Gambling” and “Godfather”. He ran more than 19 Casinos in Hong Kong-Macau and some in other countries.
The famous hotel “Grand Lisboa” is also one of them. Apart from this he also ran other businesses such as tourism, real estate, entertainment, shipping, air transport, and banking. Apart from SJM Holdings, Stanley Ho was also the owner, chairman, and founder of the company “Shun Tak Holdings”.
As an investor, Ho invested in many big multinational companies. He was also a member of the Consultative Committee for the Basic Law of the Hong Kong SAR. Stanley Ho was a kind-hearted person and also acts as a philanthropist.
On 26 May 2020, the billionaire passed away at the age of 98 due to some health issues. Today, I will tell you about the biography of a popular businessman “Stanley Ho Hung-sun”.
Early Life, Parents & Siblings
The billionaire businessman came to this world from his parents on 25 November 1921 in British Hong Kong, China. He held the Chinese and Portuguese nationality. Stanley Ho was 98 years old at the time of his death. His father’s name is “Ho Sai Kwong” and his mother’s name is “Flora Sin”.
His younger sister “Susie Ho” is also a successful businesswoman. He decided to become a businessman at a very early age. Stanley completed his primary education from a local private school in his hometown.
After that, he joined Queen’s College, Hong Kong for his further education. He had a sharp mind since childhood. He got a scholarship for his higher education at the University of Hong Kong. Stanley Ho was the first student, who got the scholarship in his class.
In the year 1942, he left his higher studies in between because of World War II. After World War II, he completed his remaining studies. Later, he started working as a clerk at an Import-Export Company in Macau.
Body Measurements & More
The Godfather was a jolly person. He was a fashion enthusiast. He always liked to wear branded genuine clothes. Stanley always kept a simple hairstyle. He followed a planned nutritional diet for his healthy body.
He looked fit and active even at the age of 98. He did yoga and meditation for the relaxation of his mind. The height of Stanley Ho was around 5 feet 11 inches (in meters 1.8 m). His body weight was 74 kilograms (in pounds 163 lbs). He preferred to wear a matching tie with his shirt.
Personal Life, Spouse & Children
The King of Gambling married four times in his life. Yes! Stanley Ho was the husband of his four wives. In the year 1942, he got married to his first wife named “Clementina Leitão“.
From his first marriage, he becomes the father of four kids named “Jane Ho Chiu Ying”, “Robert Ho Yau Kwong”, “Angela Ho Chiu Yin”, and “Deborah Ho Chiu Hung”.
After that, he tied in a knot with his second wife named “Lucina Laam King Ying” in 1957. After marriage, the couple blessed with five kids named “Pansy Ho”, “Daisy Ho Chiu Fung”, “Maisy Ho Chiu Ha”, “Josie Ho”, and “Lawrence Ho Yau Lung”.
In the year 2004, Stanley’s first wife died. He got married the third time to “Ina Chan Un Chan“. From his third marriage, he has three children named “Florinda Ho”, “Laurinda Ho”, and “Orlando Ho”.
In the year 1983, He got married to his fourth spouse “Angela Leong On-Kei“. Stanley Ho’s fourth wife gave birth to four kids named “Sabrina Ho”, “Arnaldo Ho Yau Heng”, “Mario Ho Yau Kwan”, and “Alice Ho Chiu Yan”. All of his children are well-settled and runs their family business started by Stanley. On 26 May 2020, He died at 98.
|Real Full Birth Name||Stanley Ho Hung-sun.|
|Profession||Businessman, Investor, Entrepreneur, and Philanthropist.|
|Famous as||The founder of SJM Holdings.|
|Age at the time of death||98 years old.|
|Cause of Death||Not revealed yet.|
|Date of Birth||25 November 1921.|
|Date of Death||26 May 2020.
|Birthplace/Hometown||British Hong Kong, China.|
|Place of Death||Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||Sagittarius.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 11".
Centimeters: 180.5 cm.
Meters: 1.8 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 74 Kg.
Pounds: 163 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||10.|
|Parents||Father: Ho Sai Kwong.
Mother: Flora Sin.
|Last Updated||On May 27, 2020, (©️ Copyright - Dreshare.com).|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Spouse||1. Clementina Leitão. (1942-2004).
2. Lucina Laam King Ying (1957-?).
3. Angela Leong On-Kei(1988).
4. Ina Chan Un Chan.
|Sons||1. Mario Ho Yau Kwan.
2. Lawrence Ho Yau Lung.
3. Robert Ho Yau Kwong.
4. Orlando Ho.
5. Arnaldo Ho Yau Heng.
6. Ho Yau-Kai.
|Daughters||1. Laurinda Ho.
2. Pansy Ho.
3. Alice Ho Chiu Yan.
4. Josie Ho
5. Jane Ho Chiu Ying.
6. Florinda Ho.
7. Deborah Ho Chiu Hung.
8. Daisy Ho Chiu Fung.
9. Angela Ho Chiu Yin.
10. Maisy Ho Chiu Ha.
11. Sabrina Ho.
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate.|
|Alma Mater||1. Queen's College, Hong Kong.
2. The University of Hong Kong.
|Net Worth (approx.)||$2-3 billion USD (as in 2020).|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Stanley Ho
- During World War II, Stanley Ho left his studies in between and started working as a clerk at a company.
- He worked in a Japanese-owned import-export firm for one year as a clerk.
- Stanley took advantage of World War II and earned lots of money in his clerical work.
- After one year, he established a kerosene construction company with his earned money.
- Later, he decided to runs his own businesses.
- Stanley collaborated with Hong Kong tycoon Henry Fok, Teddy Yip, and a popular gambler “Yip Hon”.
- He won the gaming monopoly license along with his partners in the year 1961.
- Stanley made lots of money in gambling that’s why he is also known as “The King of Gambling” and “Godfather”.
- In the year 1962, he established his own company named “SJM Holdings”.
- Apart from this, he was also the founder of “Shun Tak Holdings”.
- He ran many businesses like real estate, tourism, entertainment, etc under the Shun Tak Holdings.
- The net worth of Stanley Ho is around $2-3 billion USD (approx.) as in 2020.
- At present, his fourth wife “Angela Leong On-Kei” is the managing director and the chairperson of the “SJM Holdings”.
- Stanley’s son “Lawrence Ho” runs the popular resorts and casino in Hong Kong named “City of Dreams”.
- His daughter “Pansy Ho” is the owner of “MGM Macau”.
- Moreover, his children run their own businesses.
- Asia’s richest person and gambling king Stanley Ho has died.
- He was 98 years old. Stanley was the head of SJM Holdings, the largest gambling business in the world.
- He has assets of over 6 billion dollars.
- Stanley Ho grew up in gambling but always advised his friends, family, and the public not to gamble.
- SJM Holdings has 19 casinos in Macau alone.
- Stanley, who has been in the gambling industry for more than 75 years, announced his retirement just four months after his 97th birthday.
- In addition to Macau, he has invested heavily in China, Portugal, North Korea, Vietnam, the Philippines, Mozambique, Indonesia, and East Timor.
- In addition to gambling, Stanley also founded another company, Shun Tuck Holdings, dealing in the fields of entertainment, tourism, shipping, real estate, banking, and aviation.
- Because of his busy working schedule, he was not active on social media.
- Some sources say that the famous martial arts icon Bruce Lee was his cousin.