Stephen Fry (born August 24, 1957) is a British Actor, Comedian, Writer, Author, Journalist, Director, and Broadcaster from Hampstead, London. He initially gained success and fame after appearing in the show “A Bit of Fry & Laurie” along with Hugh Laurie.
The comedy show aired on both BBC1 and BBC2 between 1989 and 1995. Fry and Laurie also served as writers four seasons of the show and earned large popularity. Furthermore, he also remained a long-time host for “QI” (BBC television quiz show) from 2003 to 2016. Furthermore, his real full birth name is Stephen John Fry.
Recently, the comedian opened up about his weight loss journey where he lost more than 33 kilograms (72 pounds). Earlier in 2017, Stephen was diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Later, in April 2019, he began to change his lifestyle. During an interview with BBC Breakfast, the 62-years-old actor told that he used to walk a lot and avoid unhealthy food.
Fry also told his viewers that he was 21 stone which is around 294 lbs. Currently, the comedian weighs around 100 kilograms (220 pounds). In fact, Stephen was overweight as compared to Stephen Fry’s height which is 6 Feet 5 Inches (196 centimeters tall).
Career, Life Achievements & Net worth
The talented actor started to perform comedy sketches after joining Cambridge Footlights. There, he also met his future collaborator Hugh Laurie (English actor, vocalist, musician, comedian, and author).
In 1982, Fry began working on “The Cellar Tape’s revue“. Then, the comedian hired to act in the show “There’s Nothing to Worry About!” by Granada Television. Laurie, Emma Thompson, and Ben Elton also joined in the venture.
In addition, he also did programs like The Young Ones, Alfresco, and Happy Families. As an actor, Stephen also starred in projects like Blackadder II, Blackadder Goes Forth, and Blackadder’s Christmas Carol in the mid-1980s.
His career breakthrough work came after he started to appear “A Bit of Fry & Laurie“. Later, the writer also made people laugh with his next hit series “Jeeves and Wooster” which aired on ITV network.
Some of his other popular projects are Absolute Power, Stephen Fry in America, Stephen Fry’s 100 Greatest Gadgets, Fry’s Planet Word, and much more.
As of wealth, the hardworking Stephen Fry’s Net worth is $35 million US Dollars, as of 2019.
During this period, Fry also awarded with honorary doctorates from the Universities of Dundee and Sussex. He even gained an honorary degree from Anglia Ruskin University. The actor gained a Golden Globe nomination for playing a lead role in the movie “Wilde” in 1997.
The talented star also nominated for various awards for starring in the Blackadder, Kingdom, Bones, V for Vendetta, etc.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Stephen John Fry.|
|Profession||Actor, Comedian, Writer, Author, Journalist, Director, and Broadcaster.|
|Famous for||his appearances in shows like Fry and Laurie.|
|Age (As of 2019)||62 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||August 24, 1957.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Hampstead, London, England, United Kingdom.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Homosexual.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Virgo.|
|House In||1. London, England, United Kingdom.
2. Los Angeles, California, USA.
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stephenfryactually/
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6' 5".
Centimeters: 196 cm.
Meters: 1.96 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 100 Kg.
Pounds: 220 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-34-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||11.|
|Parents||Father: Alan John Fry.
Mother: Marianne Eve Fry.
|Siblings||Brother: Roger Fry.
Sister: Jo Foster.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Elliott Spencer.|
|School||1. Stouts Hill Preparatory School.
2. Uppingham School.
3. Paston School.
|Alma Mater.||Queens' College, Cambridge.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Elvis Presley (American singer) and Angelina Jolie (American actress).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$35 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Stephen Fry
- Wikipedia: Comedian Stephen Fry was born on the 24th of August 1957 (age 62 years old) in Hampstead, London, England, United Kingdom.
- His parents are Alan John Fry (father), physicist and inventor and Marianne Eve Fry (mother).
- The actor was raised in Norfolk along with his elder brother, Roger Fry, and Jo Fry (a younger sister).
- While growing up, the comedian attended numerous institutions like Cawston Primary School, Stouts Hill Preparatory School, Uppingham School, and eventually graduated Paston School.
- At the age of 17, Fry got arrested for stealing credit card from a family friend and also lived in jail for three months.
- He completed his education from Queens’ College, Cambridge and received a Bachelor of Art in English Literature.
- In July 2006, he also narrated “The Story of Light Entertainment” which is a British documentary on BBC.
- He gave his voice to the title role in an operetta “Paul Bunyan” at the Wales Millennium Centre in August 2013.
- The comedian lent his voice to many audiobooks including J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series.
Explore More: Full Story of David Lipper, Biography, Affairs & Lifestyle
- A 2006 two-part documentary titled “Stephen Fry: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive” gave him a lot of success in his career.
- In fact, Stephen also won the British Academy Television Award for Best Factual Series.
- Then, in 2007, the actor labeled as the “Mind Champion of the Year”.
- As of relationship, Fry tied the knot with his husband “Elliott Spencer” in a private ceremony in 2015.
- He is very open about his homosexuality on the internet and always remains an outspoken supporter of gay rights.