Vatiswa Ndara (born September 28, 1970) is a South African Actress, Broadcaster, Voice Artist, Host, and Social Media Personality from Johannesburg. She is famous for appearing in the debut TV show “Home Affairs” in 2006.
The actress also bagged the inaugural SAFTA award for Best Supporting Actress for the series. Ndara performed one of the major roles of Miriam alongside stars like Antonio David Lyons, Therese Benade, Kevin Singh, etc.
Furthermore, Vatiswa appeared in various local television programs such as Tsha Tsha, Gaz’lam, Society, Generations, and much more. Later, the actress appeared in the show “Harvest” in 2017.
She performed one of the lead roles alongside actors like Khanya Mkangisa and Masasa Mbangeni. In fact, the voice artist starred for small parts like series Kota Life Crisis and Igazi S2.
Open Letter Against Ferguson Films
Recently, on October 08, 2019, she wrote a 6 page long open writer to Nathi Mthethwa. He is a South African politician and currently as Minister of Arts and Culture. The content was posted on Twitter by the actress.
She accused Shona and Connie’s company named Ferguson Films of mistreating various actors in the entertainment industry. This statement came after a few weeks her new movie came out in the theatres.
On September 25, 2019, Ndara made her silver screen debut with the movie “Salvation South African Film”. The actress acted as Xoliswa in the project. Carmen Sangion worked as a director in the film.
Some of the other main casts of Salvation South African Film are Jason Willemse (as Ezra Williams), Vinette Ebrahim (as Vera Williams), Clayton Evertson (as Benjamin Martins), Kira Wilkinson (as Roxy Williams), and Nandi Nyembe (as Christine).
|Real Full Birth Name||Vatiswa Ndara.|
|Profession||Actress, Broadcaster, Voice Artist, Host, and Social Media Personality.|
|Famous for||her role in the film Salvation South African Film.|
|Age (As of 2019)||49 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||September 28, 1970.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Libra.|
|Current Residence||Johannesburg, South Africa.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vatiswandara/?
|Debut||Film: Salvation South African Film (2019, as Xoliswa).
TV Show: Home Affairs (as Miriam, 2005).
Short Movie: --
|Movies/TV shows||1. Home Affairs.
2. Kota Life Crisis.
4. Igazi S2.
5. Salvation South African Film.
6. Tsha Tsha.
10. Shooting Stars.
11. 90 Plein Street.
12. Ihawu le Sizwe.
13. Mfolozi Street.
|Achievements||1. Nominations: Golden Horn Award for Best Actress in a TV Comedy.
2. Awards: Golden Horn Award for Best Supporting Actress in a TV Drama Series.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||42-34-44.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Name is not available.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Will Smith.
Actress: Oprah Winfrey.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Pizza, Fries & Ice Cream.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500K US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||076 918 3047.|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Vatiswa Ndara
- The Actress’ birthday falls on the 28th of September and Vatiswa Ndara was born to her parents in 1970 in South Africa. Hence, her age is 49 years old, as of 2019.
- There is no information available about her father, mother, siblings, and education available on the internet. But we will update our readers in the coming days.
- The actress also performed a character of Neo Moloto (heartless football club owner) in the e.tv drama series called “Shooting Stars”.
- Back in October 2008, Vatiswa named as the juror of the 2008 International Emmy Awards.
- The honor was given to her by the International Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Furthermore, television personality joined the cast of the show 90 Plein Street (SABC2 parliamentary drama series) as a regular cast member.
- She played the role of Bukiwe.
- In fact, the voice artist also had a starring role in the SABC1 political thriller program titled “Ihawu le Sizwe”.
- In 2014, Ndara performed a leading character of Mfolozi Street.
- As a social media personality, she has a decent fan-following on Twitter with 67+ K followers and on Instagram, she has 32+ K people who follow her.
- On her physical attributes, she stands quite tall and Vatiswa Ndara’s height of 5 ft 6 in (1.68 meters).
- The multitalented actress weighs around 75 kilograms (165 pounds) and possesses a healthy & curvy figure.