Vera Wang (born 27 June 1949) is a famous American fashion designer, skater, businesswoman, and entrepreneur from New York City, New York, United States. She is well-known in the country for her unique and different styles of bridal dresses.
She mainly deals in couture gowns, high-end bridal wear, and other stylish and unique outfits. Apart from bridal dresses, her brand name also deals with many other products like jewelry, perfumes, stationery, beddings, tableware, etc.
Moreover, she is mainly known for her designed dresses. Aparat from a professional fashion designer, Vera Wang is also an actress and appeared in some movies and television shows.
In the year 2004, she has featured in her first film titled “First Daughter”. Apart from this, she has made a guest appearance in many television shows such as Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Gossip Girl, The Celebrity Apprentice, and others.
Vera’s self-designed dresses are shown in many popular shows like Sex and the City, Ugly Betty, The Black Vera Wang, etc. Her trending outfits are also shown in the New York Fashion Week. Vera Wang is one of the famous fashion designers in the world. Let’s take a look at her bio.
Early Life, Parents, Brother & Bio
The world-famous fashion designer came to this world from her parents on Monday, June 27, 1949, in New York City, New York, United States. Basically, she belongs to the Chinese ancestry. Vera Wang’s age is 70 years old (as in 2019).
Her father “Cheng Ching Wang” was a retired Lieutenant Colonel from the Chinese Nationalist Army. Her mother “Florence Wu” worked as a Translator for the United Nations.
She has a younger brother in the family named “Kenneth Wang”, who is a President of the US Summit Company. She has a creative mind since childhood. Wang is a well-educated lady.
She completed her schooling from Friends Seminary private school. After that, she joined Chapin School for her high school graduation.
Later, she took admission to Sarah Lawrence College and completed her graduation in major of Art History. Vera also studied France from the University of Paris. After completing her higher education, she started designing her own clothes.
Wedding, Spouse & Children
The beautiful lady currently lives in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States. According to Dreshare, she is single and focuses on her business. If we talk about her love life, then Vera Wang was previously married to her ex-husband named “Arthur Paul Becker” in the year 1989.
Arthur worked in an information technology company named “NaviSite” as a Chief Executive Officer (CEO). After marriage, the couple adopted two kids named “Cecilia Becker” and “Josephine Becker”.
After some time, she gave divorce to her husband in July 2012. Apart from this, her name has also linked with two other popular celebrities like Patrick Péra and Evan Lysacek. Moreover, she gives more focus on her business and always be busy in finding new designs for her fashion studio.
Figure Measurements, Height, Weight & More
The glamorous lady is known for her well-maintained physical stats and bold looks. She takes great care of her health. Her well-planned diet plan and regular workout routine make her fit and healthy.
Because of her fit and active body she looks like a lady of 30 at the age of 70 years old. Apart from gyming and diet, she also uses many skincare products for her healthy skin. Vera Wang stands at a height of 5 ft 5 in (1.65 m).
She makes a slim hourglass body shape. She weighs around 50 kilograms (in pounds 110 lbs). She has a fair skin tone and long silky black hair. She loves to wear expensive jewelry. The bright dark brown eyes on her face make her more gorgeous. There is no tattoo on her body.
|Real Full Birth Name||Vera Ellen Wang.|
|Profession||Fashion Designer, Entrepreneur, Skater, and Businesswoman.|
|Age (As of 2019)||70 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||June 27, 1949.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||New York City, New York, United States.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Cancer.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|House Location||1. Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States.
2. Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Meters: 1.65 m.
Centimeters: 165 cm.
|Weight||Kilograms: 50 Kg.
Pounds: 110 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.|
|Eye Color||Dark brown.|
|Parents||Father: Cheng Ching Wang.
Mother: Florence Wu.
|Siblings||Brother: Kenneth Wang.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Husband||Arthur Paul Becker (1989-2012).|
|Kids||1. Josephine Becker.
2. Cecilia Becker.
|Social media||Instagram: @verawanggang (2.5 million + followers).
Twitter: @VeraWang (837.9K + followers).
Youtube: Self-Titled (6.13K + subscribers).
|School||1. Friends Seminary private school.
2. Chapin school.
|Alma Mater||1. Sarah Lawrence College.
2. The University of Paris.
|Net worth (approx.)||$600-650 million USD (as in 2020).|
|Shows||1. Gossip Girl.
2. Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
3. Chelsea Lately.
4. The Celebrity Apprentice.
5. Ugly Betty.
6. The September Issue.
7. First Daughter.
|Last Updated||On 07 May 2020 (© Dreshare.com).|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vera Wang
- Her real birth name is Vera-Ellen Wang.
- Wang also collaborates with many popular brands such as Newmont Group, a fragrance with Unilever, Zales, David’s Bridal, etc.
- She also formed a luxury fashion lines with Serta Luxury Beds
- Many famous celebrities like Victoria Beckham, Alicia Keys, Chelsea Clinton, Avril Lavigne, Kim Kardashian, and others are her clients.
- Vera Wang worked with Michael Keaton and Katie Holmes in her first movie “First Daughter”.
- After completing her higher studies, she got the job as an editor for the fashion company “Vogue”.
- Firstly, she started designs figure skater costumes.
- After that, she started designing wedding dresses and gowns.
- Her designs were shown in many fashion weeks and modeling shows.
- She also runs her official fashion clothing website.
- Wang also opened her own fashion studio of bridal gowns in the Carlyle Hotel in New York City in the year 1990.
- In present, she is a world-famous fashion designer and earned the net worth of $600-650 million USD (as in 2020).
- Vera also designed many outfits and beautiful dresses for celebrities.
- Wang is managed by Global Communications and PR Consulting.
- Artis Elite Mirror Oval 8 brush is her favorite make-up tool.
- She is a good player in ice skating and tennis.
- In the year 1993, she designed her first red carpet dress for Sharon Stone.
- She also writes a book titled “Vera Wang On Weddings” in the year 2001.
- Her official IG account is full of her latest designed dresses.