Xolani Gwala (born in 1975 – died in October 2019) is a South African Media Personality based Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. He spent two decades in the broadcast industry.
In addition to this, he handled different roles such as current affairs presenter, news anchor, reporter, producer, and talk show host At Talk Radio 702.
Xolani diagnosed colon cancer in September 2017. He talked about his illness on 702 with Stephen Grootes. However, he knew about cancer when he suffered from fever.
He took antibiotics medicine. He could not recover. The doctor thoroughly investigated he had advanced-stage cancer. Furthermore, the oncologist cared for his unaffected organs.
Xolani thanked his partner and the South Africans for their support. Unfortunately, he declared dead in October 2019. His family members confirmed the news on November 1, 2019.
Early Life, Childhood & Parents
Xolani Gwala was born in 1975 (Age: 44 years old) in the Pietermaritzburg region. He is the eldest child of his mother and father.
In addition to this, he has a sister and three brothers. He completed his Grade 12 studies in the St. Marys Secondary School. Moreover, he went ahead for his Public Relations Diploma Natal Technikon, Durban (Kwazulu Natal), and 1993-95.
Relationship History, Wife & Wedding
He proposed his spouse Peggy Sue Khumalo in 1996. They tied the wedding knot in a simple ceremony in Impendle, Kwa Zulu Natal.
Furthermore, Peggy is a former Miss South Africa and CEO at the Standard Bank, South Africa. Both of them have two lovely daughters. They are upset about the death of Gwala.
|Real Full Birth Name||Xolani Gwala.|
|In The News For||His death confirmed on November 1 due to colon cancer.|
|Age (As of 2019)||44 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1975.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Not available.|
|Date of Death||October 2019.|
|Place||His house in South Africa.|
|Cause||Advanced Stage Colon Cancer.|
|House In||Durban, South African.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 73 Kg.
Pounds: 160 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||8.5.|
|Hair Color||Bald Head.|
|Parents||Father: Name Not Found.
Mother: Will Update Soon.
|Siblings||Three Brothers & One Sister.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Involved in love with Peggy Sue Khumalo.|
|Girlfriend||Peggy Sue Khumalo.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Peggy Sue Khumalo (Investment Banker & Former Miss South Africa).|
|Daughter||Two Daughters (Name Not Known).|
|Highest Qualification||Diploma in Public Relations.|
|School||St. Marys Secondary School.|
|Alma Mater.||Natal Technikon, Durban (Kwazulu Natal).|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Scarlett Johansson.
|Love to do||Reading Current Affairs News.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$220,000 US Dollars (as of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||$55K-$60K.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Xolani Gwala
- He received his first job as a newsreader at the Durban-based Ukhozi FM.
- He ranked on the Senior Reporter position At Talk Radio 702.
- Furthermore, he organized the news hour on SABC3.
- In 2008, Xolani planned and exited from the SABC3 channel.
- He accepted his employment contract at 93.6 RAM FM.
- Moreover, he got exposure in the international media.
- Gwala returned to the local media and started his journalism profession.
- He was the former host at the SA FM in the PM Live show.
- On the other hand, he read the news about current issues.
- The Mail and the Guardian listed him in the top 300 Young South African media workers.
- Meanwhile, the two programs, Asikhulume and PM Live, helped him and learned about politics.
- Asikhulume rated on the 2nd place in Africa.
- Gwala nominated Best Male Programme Presenter in 2004.
- Therefore, Xolani Gwala estimated net worth is $220K US Dollars. He earned a monthly salary of $55K – $60K.