Yioda Panayiotou (born in 1962) is a British Hairdresser, Public Figure, and Celebrity Sibling from East Finchley, Middlesex. She is well recognized as one of the sisters of late George Michael (English singer, record producer, songwriter, and philanthropist).
Furthermore, the singer dubbed as one of the best-selling music artists of all time. George rose to fame after becoming a member of the music duo “Wham!” along with Andrew Ridgeley. Their songs such as “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” and “Last Christmas” became a huge hit.
In his successful career, the vocalist’s seven songs bagged the first position on various chart lists including UK Singles Chart. In fact, Michael’s eight tracks like “Careless Whisper” and “Faith” even reached number one on the US Billboard Hot 100.
Early Life, Parents, Childhood & Siblings
The celebrity relative was born to her parents in 1962 in East Finchley, Middlesex, England. Hence, Yioda Panayiotou’s age is 57 years old, as of 2019. The hairdresser’s father, Kyriacos Panayiotou was a Greek Cypriot restaurateur.
He emigrated to England in the 1950s and his wife Lesley Angold (mother) who was an English dancer. Yioda had two siblings i.e. a younger brother “Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou” (b. 1963 – passed 2016) and younger sister Melanie Panayiotou (b. 1964 – died 2019).
Michael started his career by forming the duo, Wham! with Ridgeley back in 1981. The groups’ released two albums, Fantastic (1983) and Make It Big (1984) in the starting days of their profession.
It even reached on the first rank on the UK Albums Chart and the US Billboard 200. He won many music awards such as 2 Grammy Awards, 4 MTV Video Music Awards, 3 American Music Awards, 3 Brit Awards, and 6 Ivor Novello Awards.
On December 25, 2019, Panayiotou’s sibling Melanie passed away at the age of 55. She found dead at her home on Christmas Day. Moreover, she died on the same day when her brother Georgios Kyriacos passed away.
Earlier, on December 25, 2016, George Michael lost his life in bed at his home in Goring-on-Thames, at the age of 53. The cause of his passing was dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and a fatty liver.
|Real Full Birth Name||Yioda Panayiotou.|
|Profession||Hairdresser, Public Figure, and Celebrity Sibling.|
|Famous for||being one of the sisters of late George Michael (English singer, record producer, songwriter, and philanthropist).|
|Age (As of 2019)||57 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1962.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||East Finchley, Middlesex, England.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not known.|
|Current Residence||London, England.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: --
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||36-27-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Kyriacos Panayiotou.
Mother: Lesley Angold.
|Siblings||Brother: Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou.
Sister: Melanie Panayiotou.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by her.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Name not available.|
|School||Kingsbury High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Not known.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Keanu Reeves.
Actress: Scarlett Johansson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||£50 million British Pounds (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||Inherited from her younger brother.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Yioda Panayiotou
- During her childhood, she spent most of her time in Kingsbury, London. The family then moved to Radlett.
- As of education, she graduated from Kingsbury High School.
- Furthermore, George Michael’s sisters were very close to him. Michael left £50 million in his will to the Melanie Panayiotou who worked as a makeup artist.
- On the other hand, Yioda also inherited a large part of his Net worth which is around £150 million British Pounds, as of 2019.
- Yioda first found the deceased body of her beloved sister at her residence.
- Later, she called the London ambulance service around 7.30 pm. The Metropolitan police first reported the sudden demise of Melanie Panayiotou.
- However, the cause of her death is not revealed on the internet but it is not being treated as suspicious.
- Earlier, on 23 December 2019, Panayiotou posted a Christmas message alongside her older sister, their dad and David Austin (Michael’s former manager).
- Her late brother disclosed his sexuality and came out as gay in 1998.
- He was also an active LGBT rights campaigner and was an active charity fundraiser for HIV/AIDS.
- In addition, there is no information about Yioda Panayiotou’s married life, husband, and spouse.