Antron McCray (born in 1974) is an American Activist, Controversial Personality, the Central Park Five Accuser and Businessman from New York City. He gained media attention for being wrongly sentenced in the Central Park Jogger case.
Furthermore, the 45-year-old Antron convicted for the crime which he never committed despite a lack of physical evidence. In fact, he was just 15-year-old when the authorities gave him 5-10 years in a prison sentence.
Moreover, the case revolved around a 28-year-old Trisha Meili (former investment banker and motivational speaker). She was brutally attacked and raped by a serial rapist named Matias Reyes.
The jogger was found senseless with many serious wounds. Her skull was brutally cracked and 75 percent of her blood drained from her body.
The police immediately directed on a group of four African American and one Latino teens as a culprit. This is because they were earlier in police custody for a series of other attacks committed in the park that night.
The Central Park Jogger Case Information
The brutal incident took place on the night of April 19, 1989, in the North Woods of Manhattan’s Central Park. Trisha was a 28-year-old investment banker at the time of the incident and the attack left her in a coma for 12 days.
The authorities caught Korey Wise, Raymond Santana, Antron, Kevin Richardson, and Yusef Salaam as suspects of the crime. The juveniles then went for various interview sessions for hours conducted by investors.
Later, the defendants charged with rape, sexual abuse, assault, robbery, riot, and attempted murder. They also accused of other attacks in the park, based solely on confessions. But they later told in a documentary that those confessions were false and coerced.
In the first trial in August 1990, Yusef, McCray, and Raymond vindicated of attempted murder. But they convicted of sexual abuse, assault, and riot and sentenced to 5–15 years. The four younger boys except Korey Wise served their time in juvenile facilities. Later, they transferred to adult jails at age 21.
In 2002, Matias Reyes (convicted murderer and serial rapist) who was serving a life sentence in prison confessed of raping Meili. His DNA also matched with the rape kit of the female jogger.
Finally, all the wrongly convicted teenagers released then. Later, they sued New York City in 2003 for malicious prosecution, racial discrimination, and emotional distress. Moreover, the city concluded the case for $41 million USD in 2014.
When They See Us – Netflix Series
Recently, his life story featured in Netflix’s miniseries called “When They See Us“. Ava DuVernay is the director, creator, and writer of the this biographical Series.
Netflix released the hit show on May 31, 2019, and it is receiving a lot of success from the audience. The film is based on the story of “the Central Park Five” i.e. Raymond Santana, Antron McCray, Kevin Richardson, Yusef Salaam, and Korey Wise who were falsely convicted in the Central Park Case.
Antron’s character is portrayed by Jovan Adepo (English-born American actor). Some of its main cast are:
- John Leguizamo as Raymond Santana Jr.
- Reginald L. Barnes as NYPD Officer Harmon.
- Asante Blackk as Young Kevin Richardson.
- Marsha Stephanie Blake as Linda McCray.
- Kylie Bunbury as Angie Richardson.
- Marquis Rodriguez as Young Raymond Santana.
- Chris Chalk as Yusef Salaam.
- Jharrel Jerome as Korey Wise.
- Bryan Terrell Clark as Ortega.
- Justin Cunningham as Kevin Richardson.
- Omar J. Dorsey as Elombre Brath.
- Aunjanue Ellis as Sharon Salaam.
- Vera Farmiga as Elizabeth Lederer etc.
In addition, the director of the series amazingly the depicts the true story also depicts the life of all five teenagers who got punishment of a rape they never commit.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Birth Name||Antron McCray.|
|Age (As of 2019)||45 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1974.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||New York City, New York, United States.|
|Famous For||1. wrongly convicted in the Central Park Jogger Case.
2. Recently his story featured in Netflix's miniseries "When They See Us".
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Current Residence||Georgia, USA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Biceps Size||16 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||42-32-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||7.|
|Tattoos details?||Will Update.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not found.
Mother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Girlfriend & Fiancee||Will update.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||name not available.|
|Alma Mater||Will Update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Will Smith.
Actress: Jennifer Lawrence.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Mexico.|
|Love to do||Listening to music and Watching movies.|
|Favorite Dishes||Mexican Cuisine.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$10-15 Million US Dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings per month||Will update.|
|Office Address||Will Update.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Antron McCray
- Wikipedia: The Central Park Five, Antron McCray was born in 1974 in New York City, New York, USA. Hence, his age is 45 years old, as of 2019.
- During the investigation, he said that a “Puerto Rican kid with a hoodie” was the one who abused the female jogger in central park.
- When Meili recovered from her injuries, she suffered memory loss and had no consciousness about the assault.
- The FBI tested the DNA of the five teenagers with the rape kit and found it did not match any of them before the trial.
- As of relationship, Antron McCray is a married man and lives in Georgia with his wife and children.
Have a look: The Story of Peggy Lipton, Lifestyle, Biography & Story
- Moreover, the book “The Central Park Five” penned by Sarah Burns published in 2011 was based on the lives of all five teenagers.
- In 2012, the documentary with the same name released and McCray also featured in the project.
- On May 14, 2019, Antron appeared on the “Today” as himself and presented the sad story of his life.