Ashleigh Barty (born April 24, 1996) is an Australian Professional Tennis Player and Former Cricketer from Ipswich, Queensland. Recently, she won the French Open 2019 which makes her the first Australian woman in 46 years to do so.
Furthermore, the 23-year-old player beat her opponent “Marketa Vondrousova”. She obtained her first Grand Slam title with a 6-1 6-3 score. Moreover, Ashleigh Barty is the top-ranked Australian in both women’s singles and doubles.
Last year, the tennis player grabbed the 2018 US Open title in doubles with her partner CoCo Vandeweghe. Barty started her professional career at the age of 14 at an International Tennis Federation in April 2010.
In addition, in 2011, she also entered three $25K events in Australia. She was not able to pass for the main draw in her first WTA Tour-level appearance and lost her match to the player Julia Glushko.
However, later in 2012, Barty made her main draw debut on the WTA Tour. The young player won her first two WTA Tour-level matches at the Malaysian Open against Chanel Simmonds and Zarina Diyas.
Ashleigh announced a break from professional tennis after the 2014 US Open. In fact, she became intrigued to play cricket although she had no cricket experience in the competitive field. The player made her debut in December 2015 and hit 39 off 27 balls against the Melbourne Stars.
But she soon started to miss playing tennis and made her comeback in May 2016. After her return, Barty defeated world No. 9 Venus Williams for her first career top 10 achievements at Cincinnati.
Early Life, Profile & Parents
The Tennis Grand Slam Champion, Ashleigh Barty was born on the 24th of April 1996 in Ipswich, Queensland, Australia. Therefore, her age is 23 years old, as of 2019. Her father “Robert Barty” works in the government and Ashleigh’s mother works as a radiographer.
Furthermore, she also has two older siblings i.e. sisters Sara and Ali Barty. The player began playing tennis at the age of four with her Jim Joyce (longtime junior coach) at the West Brisbane Tennis Centre. In fact, she ranked No. 2 in the world after winning the girls’ singles title at Wimbledon in 2011.
Later, in 2013, Ashleigh became runner-up at three Grand Slam doubles events with the veteran Dellacqua. After completing high school, Barty graduated from Woodcrest State College.
Moreover, in 2013, she began playing primarily at the WTA Tour level. She started to only participate in 8 singles main draws and was able to qualify at five tournaments.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Ashleigh Barty.|
|Profession||Professional Tennis Player and Former Cricketer.|
|Famous for||1. Recently won French Open 2019.
2. Became first Australian woman in 46 years to win French Open.
|Age (As of 2019)||23 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||April 24, 1996.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Ipswich, Queensland, Australia.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Awards||won five singles titles and ten doubles titles on the WTA Tour.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Taurus.|
|House In||Ipswich, Queensland, Australia.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ashbar96/
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 5.5".
Centimeters: 166 cm.
Meters: 1.66 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 62 Kg.
Pounds: 134 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||36-28-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.5|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Robert Barty.
Mother: Josie Barty.
Sister: Sara and Ali Barty.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend Garry.|
|Alma Mater.||Woodcrest State College.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Chris Hemsworth.
Actress: Brie Larson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading, Fishing, and Playing Tennis.|
|Favorite Food||Pizza, Fries & Ice Cream.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$4-5 million US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Ashleigh Barty
- As a child, Barty also played netball besides tennis. But later she decided to focus only on tennis.
- At the age of 9, she began practicing against the fellow boy players who were six years older.
- In fact, Ash was playing against adult males after turning 12-year-old.
- Furthermore, the talented player has been listed as No. 2 player in singles and No. 5 player in doubles by the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA).
- The 23-year-old Ashleigh also reached the doubles final with Casey Dellacqua at all four Grand Slam tournaments.
- The former cricketer became interested in playing cricket after talking to the Australian women’s national team in early 2015.
Explore More: The Biography of Pete Buttigieg, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- Barty also trained with the Fire in July 2015 and started playing for the Western Suburbs District Cricket Club.
- According to Wikipedia, she played in 13 matches for Western Suburbs and scored one century and took eight wickets. Her average was 42.4 runs.
- Figure Details: Ashleigh Barty height is 5 Feet 5.5 Inches (166 centimeters tall).
- She also possesses a fit, muscular, and strong body with a body weight of 62 kilograms (134 pounds) approximately.
- As of relationship, she is dating her boyfriend Garry Kissick (golf player). The couple often travels together to different places in the world.
- They share tons of cute pictures together on their respective Instagram account.