Bernard Garrett Sr. (born September 19, 1925 – died September 09, 1999) was an American Businessman, Investor, and Banking Tycoon from Inglewood, California. He is extremely famous for launching a business in the 1950s and 1960s.
As per the source, he established a banking institution that provided loans to his fellow Afro-Americans. During that time, no bank used to help Black people when they face financial issues.
Furthermore, Garrett hired a white man named Matt Steiner who later became the face of the empire. His business partner was Joe Morris. Moreover, the upcoming drama movie “The Banker” based on his life.
The Banker Movie Controversy
George Nolfi works as a writer and director of the upcoming film. Initially, it was all set for their world premiere at the closing of AFI Fest on November 21, 2019. But it was revealed that the screening of “The Banker” has been canceled.
The controversy arose when Bernard Garrett Jr. was accused of sexually abuse by his younger half-sisters named Cynthia and Sheila Garrett. He also served as the co-producer of the film.
The upcoming project is Apple’s first major film release. Bernard’s step-siblings told the authorities of Apple that Garrett Jr. sexually molested them in their childhood. Moreover, they also told that the timeline of the movie is set in such a way to leave them and their mother.
The role of Bernard Garrett Sr. is portrayed by Anthony Mackie. In fact, Joe Morris is played by one of the most celebrated actors of Hollywood i.e. Samuel L. Jackson.
Some of the other main casts of The Banker are Nia Long (as Eunice Garrett), Nicholas Hoult (as Matt Steiner), Scott Daniel Johnson (as Robert Florance, Jr.), Michael Harney (as Melvin Belli), Taylor Black (as Susie), Colm Meaney (as Patrick Barker), Paul Ben-Victor as (Donald Silverthorne) Jessie Usher (as Tony Jackson), etc.
|Real Full Birth Name||Bernard S. Garrett Sr.|
|Profession||Businessman, Investor, and Banking Tycoon.|
|Famous for||launching a bank that provided loans to Afro-Americans in the 1950s and 1960s.|
|Age (As of 1999)||73 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||September 19, 1925.|
|Date of Death||September 09, 1999.|
|Buried In||Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, California, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Virgo.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Had an affair with his ex-girlfriend Eunice.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||1. Eunice (first wife).
2. Linda (second spouse).
|Son||Bernard Garrett Jr.|
|Daughter||Cynthia and Sheila Garrett.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6' 0".
Centimeters: 183 cm.
Meters: 1.83 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 82 Kg.
Pounds: 181 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-34-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Paul Robeson.
Actress: Lena Horne.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Reading Newspaper.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Dishes.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$5-8 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
Some Interesting Facts about Bernard Garrett Sr.
- The businessman was born to his parents on the 19th of September 1925 in California, USA. Hence, the age of Bernard Garrett Sr. was 73 years old, as of 1999. His zodiac sign was Virgo.
- He first dated and married his first wife “Eunice Garrett” in a private ceremony. The former couple produced a son named Bernard Garrett Jr.
- Later, the banking tycoon tied the knot with his second spouse “Linda Garrett” after divorcing Eunice.
- Bernard and Linda shared two children together i.e. two daughters named Cynthia and Sheila Garrett.
- His elder girl is 15 years junior to the businessman’s son.
- According to a statement released by Apple, they claimed that they purchased the rights of the movie earlier this year in 2019 in order to provide educational content to the audience.
- After the scandal, Garrett Jr. stepped down as producer reported by Romulus Entertainment.
- Ten days before Bernard’s 74th birthday, he passed away due to natural causes on September 09, 1999.