Bernie Ecclestone (born October 28, 1930) is an English Businessman, Investor, Industrialist, and Public Figure from St Peter, South Elmham, Bungay, Suffolk. He is popular for being a former chief executive of the Formula One Group.
Bernie commonly dubbed in journalism as “F1 Supremo”. Furthermore, in 1972, Ecclestone bought the Brabham team and he worked for fifteen years. Later, he became a member of the Formula One Constructors Association as a team owner.
Ecclestone along with his business partner Flavio Briatore even bought “Queens Park Rangers” (the English football club) between 2007 and 2011. The businessman was also responsible for growing the Formula One from his various idea. The sale of television rights in the late 1970s garnered him a lot of success.
Profile, Career Highlights & Net worth
The 89-year-old business magnate started his career after entering two Grand Prix races as a driver. He tried to participate during the 1958 season but failed. Later, the businessman became the manager of racers Jochen Rindt and Stuart Lewis-Evans.
In 1957, he began working with Stuart as a manager and purchased two chassis. Moreover, Ecclestone retired from racing after Lewis-Evans suffered severe burns when his engine burst at the 1958 Moroccan Grand Prix.
However, he then started working for Rindt after his friend Roy Salvadori pursued him. In fact, Bernie even became co-owner of Jochen’s 1970 Lotus Formula 2 team. During the 1971 season, he collaborated with Ron Tauranac (owner of the Brabham team).
Later, his life completed changed after Ecclestone formed the Formula One Constructors Association (FOCA) in 1974. He worked along with Teddy Mayer, Ken Tyrrell, Frank Williams, Colin Chapman, and Max Mosley for this project.
On 23 January 2017, Ecclestone replaced by Chase Carey as chief executive of the Formula One Group. Though, he has been elected as chairman emeritus. In addition, the investor also acts as an adviser to the board.
Wealth Factor, Bernie Ecclestone accumulated Net worth of 3.2 billion US Dollars, as of 2019 through his various businesses. In 2011, he dubbed as the 4th richest man in the UK with an estimated fortune of $4.2 billion by the Forbes World’s Billionaires List.
Marriages, Spouse & Children
The 89-years-old industrialist married three times in his life. His first marriage was with his wife “Ivy Bamford” which took place in 1952. The pair also shares a daughter named Deborah Ecclestone together.
His real full birth name is Bernard Charles Ecclestone. Later, Bernie had a 17-years long love affair with his ex-girlfriend, Tuana Tan. In 1984, the pair broke up with each other after he began dating his then-partner Slavica Radić (Yugoslav-born former Armani model).
She later became his second spouse and the couple tied the knot with each other in 1985. Through this wedding, Ecclestone produced two kids i.e. two girls named Tamara Ecclestone (TV personality, model, and internet star) and Petra Ecclestone (model and socialite).
Tamara is married to her husband Jay Rutland and has a child Sophia Ecclestone Rutland. Petra also has three children Lavinia, Andrew, and James Robert Fredrick Stunt Jr. through her marriage with her ex-partner James Stunt.
In 2008, Slavica filed for separation and their divorce was finalized on March 11, 2009. Bernard Charles then tied the knot with his third wife Fabiana Flosi (Brazilian Marketing Director) in August 2012.
|Real Full Birth Name||Bernard Charles Ecclestone.|
|Profession||Businessman, Investor, Industrialist, and Public Figure.|
|Famous for||being the boss of Formula one Group.|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||89 years.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||October 28, 1930.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||St Peter, South Elmham, Bungay, Suffolk, England, UK.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Scorpio.|
|House In||London, England, The UK.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: --
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 2".
Centimeters: 159 cm.
Meters: 1.59 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||42-32-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||5.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Tuana Tan.|
|Wife||1. Ivy Bamford (ex-wife).
2. Slavica Radić (ex-spouse).
3. Fabiana Flosi (present).
|Children||Daughters: 1. Deborah Ecclestone.
2. Tamara Ecclestone.
3. Petra Ecclestone.
|Highest Qualification||High School Drop-out but studied chemistry.|
|School||Dartford West Central Secondary School.|
|Alma Mater.||Woolwich Polytechnic|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Hanks.
Actress: Meryl Streep.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$3.2 billion US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Bernie Ecclestone
- The businessman was born to his parents on the 28th of October 1930 in St Peter, South Elmham, Bungay, Suffolk, England, UK. Therefore, Bernie Ecclestone’s age is 89 years old, as of 2019.
- His father was a fisherman and mother was a homemaker.
- He dropped from Dartford West Central Secondary School at the age of 16.
- Later, the businessman began working in the chemical laboratory at the local gasworks as an assistant.
- Bernard Charles Ecclestone also studied chemistry at Woolwich Polytechnic.
- His fondness in motorcycles led him into business trading in spare parts for motorcycles.
- How tall: Bernie Ecclestone stands a short height of 159 cm (5 ft 2 in) and weighs around 60 kg (132 lbs).
- Moreover, Charles also formed the Compton & Ecclestone motorcycle dealership with Fred Compton in the starting days of his career.
- As a former racer, he participated in his first race in the 500cc Formula 3 Series held in 1949.
- Furthermore, he retired from the sport first after suffering several injuries which he got via a local circuit, Brands Hatch.
- On February 24, 2011, the book “No Angel: The Secret Life of Bernie Ecclestone” came out by Faber and Faber.
- His third wedding ceremony took place in Gstaad, Switzerland at his mansion.
- In fact, his second spouse Slavica settled their divorce amicably and received $1 to 1.5 billion USD as a settlement.