Cecil Wright (born in 1934) is a Jamaican Cricketer and Right Arm Fast Bowler from Jamaica. He is the pacer baller in the cricket team. Furthermore, Cecil glorious cricket career lasted for 60 years. He played around 20 lakh matches and took more than 7K wickets.
In his career, he faced the players like Jeol Garner, Garfield Sobers, and Jeol Garner. He represented his Jamaican team against Barbados. Moreover, Wright migrated to England in 1959.
Still, not every die heart fan of cricket is familiar with Cecil. He holds the stamina to pull out the stumps while balling. Earlier, Wright played in the Central Lancashire League for the Crompton team.
Finally, he decided to retire from cricket. His final match is on September 7. He balls for the Uppermill team in his last match of the Pennine League in Springfield (England).
Early Life, Parents & Profile
Biography: Oldest retired Cricketer, Cecil Wright born in the year 1934 (age 85 years old) in Jamaica. Though, the information of his mother, father, sister, and brother is unavailable.
Wright admitted to a community level High School. He inducted in the school cricket team. Moreover, he learned the cricket basics at that time. Then, he reached to England to fulfill his dreams.
Personal Affairs, Spouse, Son & Girlfriend
Cecil settled down with his loving wife named Enid in England. Additionally, they have a son whose name is not known. Wright told that his partner is a big supporter for him. Still, he did not reveal anything about his past affairs.
Trivia, Quick Info & Stats
|Real Full Birth Name||Cecil Wright.|
|Famous for||Announced his retirement from the cricket career in 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||85 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1934.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Not available.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Body Weight||Kilograms: 73 Kg.
Pounds: 160 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||40-30-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Matches Played||2 Million.|
|Parents||Father: Name Not Found.
Mother: Will Update Soon.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Enid Wright.|
|Son||Name Not Known.|
|Highest Qualification||Cleared the High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Emma Watson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Traveling & Exercising.|
|Favorite Food||Vegan Healthy Dishes.|
|Net worth (approx. value)||$300,000 US Dollars.|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||House located in England.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Cecil Wright
- According to Wikipedia, Cecil took around 538 wickets in a season.
- Therefore, he got a wicket in every 27 balls.
- He does not share the secret of his longevity in the cricket field.
- Furthermore, Cecil is a strong personality due to his love for traditional food.
- He does not like to take alcohol.
- Physical Measurements: Cecil Wright height is around 5 feet 9 inches tall (176 cm). Additionally, the weight of his body calculated 73 Kg (160 lbs).
Explore More: Who is Neal Casal? His Story, Affairs, Lifestyle & Information
- Income Trivia: In 2019, Wright net worth calculated is around $300,000 US Dollars. He was with the top cricket clubs based in the England region.
- However, he hates watching television.
- On the other hand, he likes to walk with his family after dinner.