Charles Rogers (born May 23, 1981 – died November 11, 2019) was an American Professional Footballer from Saginaw, Michigan (United States). He was a wide receiver in NFL (National Football League) three seasons.
Furthermore, the Detroit Lions picked him in the 2003 NFL draft. He was a top player in his College team, i.e., Michigan State Spartans. Charles broke many records in the matches. Moreover, he received the highest touchdown, i.e., 27.
He also broke Randy Moss record of 13 games and touchdown catches. On the other hand, he named the best wide receiver of the college. Rogers unanimously recognized as the All-American.
Though, he took a three-year break from the NFL due to his injuries. Charles passed away on November 11, 2019, in Fort Meyers. His death happened due to liver failure. Furthermore, he diagnosed with cancer and needed a liver transplant.
Profile, Childhood, Parents & Education
Charles Benjamin Rogers was born on 23rd of May 1981 in Saginaw. He belonged to his father, Charles Brown, and his mother, Cathy Rogers. Charles graduated from Saginaw High School.
Furthermore, he was his school’s varsity athlete in track, basketball, and football. Benjamin Rogers received five-star recruit and all-time star honoree (three). Moreover, he attended and Michigan State University and joined Spartans.
Wife, Children & Dating History
Rogers romantically linked with four different women in his life. Still, he was not married. He fathered eight children, and two of them born before his High School graduation.
On the other hand, he lived with him in Fort Meyers, Florida, and worked in the auto repair shop.
In 2008, he dated his girlfriend, Najia Washington. The police arrested Charles on the assault charges. He jailed because of the violation of the probation regulation.
|Real Full Birth Name||Charles Benjamin Rogers.|
|Profession||Football Wide Receiver Player.|
|In The News For||Died on November 11, 2019 due to liver failure.|
|Age (As of 2019)||38 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||May 23, 1981.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Saginaw, Michigan (United States).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Death Cause||November 11, 2019|
|Place||Fort Myer, Florida.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Gemini.|
|House In||Fort Myers, Florida (USA).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6' 3".
Centimeters: 191 cm.
Meters: 1.91 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 92 Kg.
Pounds: 202 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||43-33-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||10.5.|
|Parents||Father: Charles Brown.
Mother: Cathy Rogers.
|Siblings||Name Not Found.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Children||8 Children (Name Not Known).|
|Highest Qualification||Graduation Cleared.|
|School||Saginaw High School.|
|University/College||Michigan State University.|
|Income & Earnings||$25K-$32K US Dollars.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Jennifer Lawrence.
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Favorite Color||Yellow, Green & Brown.|
|Love to do||Playing Football & Basketball.|
|Favorite Food||Ice Cream, Pizza & Chocolates.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Charles Rogers
- Rogers addicted to painkillers and marijuana.
- However, he smoked marijuana before his match in 2004.
- It led to his career downfall and suspension during the year 2005.
- He interviewed by ESPN in 2009 and discussed his career struggles.
- Still, he attended the practice sessions of Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Miami Dolphins, and New England Patriots.
- The team did not sign him due to the decline in the 40-yard dash time from 4.4 seconds to 4.8 seconds.
- He failed the drug tests every year in Michigan State.
- Charles Roger’s height calculated 6 feet 3 inches (191 cm). In addition to this, he weighted 92 Kg (202 lbs).
- He ranked among the big busts of the NFL history.
- On the other hand, he received a $14.2 Million USD bonus from Detroit, and he returned $12 Million US Dollars from it.
- He returned to the team after suspension and played only nine games.
- Rogers caught 14 passes for 197 yards.