Denis Mukengere Mukwege (born March 1, 1955) is a Congolese Gynecologist from Costermansville, Belgian Congo. He is the founder of Panzi Hospital in Bukavu and also works here. On October 5, 2018, the Norwegian Nobel Committee in Oslo announced the prestigious award of the year.
Furthermore, the Nobel Peace Prize has been given to Dr. Mukwege and Nadia Murad. The prize indicated their efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict. Murad is a human rights activist and comes from the Yazidi region of Iraq. Moreover, once she was also the victim of war and rape.
In addition, the winners are from the 216 individuals and 115 organizations that were nominated. Dr. Denis spent his 20 years helping women recover from rape violence. In fact, he specializes in the treatment of women who were the victim of gang-rape.
The doctor also earned the sobriquet of “Doctor Miracle“. Moreover, since the second Congo war, Mukwege spent his majority of life in the treatment of victims of gang rape.
Wiki, Age, Parents, Siblings & Early Life
The Nobel Peace Prize 2018 winner was born on the 1st of March 1955, in Costermansville, Belgian Congo. Hence, Denis Mukwege’s age is Sixty-three (63) years old, as of 2018. His father was a Pentecostal minister and mother was a homemaker.
Furthermore, the Gynecologist also has eight siblings. Denis couldn’t able to see his mother suffering from childbirth and lack of healthcare facilities. Therefore, he decided to become a doctor as an adult.
Later, Mukwege received a degree in medicine from a medical college in Burundi. During the initial days of his career, he worked as a pediatrician in a rural Lemera Hospital. Later, he traveled to France to study gynecology and obstetrics. Denis received his degree from the University of Angers.
As of his age, we assume that Denis Mukwege is married to his wife and also have children but we will confirm it soon. His daughter was captivated at her home by the attackers once. Moreover, he founded the Panzi Hospital in 1999 after the first Congo War broke.
Denis Mukwege Biography (Nobel Peace Prize) Age, Spouse, Daughter, Parents, Net worth, & Profile
|Personal Life Information|
|Full Birth Name||Denis Mukengere Mukwege.|
|Age||Sixty-three (63) years old (As of 2018).|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||March 1, 1955.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Costermansville, Belgian Congo.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Pisces.|
|Current Residence||Costermansville, Belgian Congo.|
|Famous For||Nobel Peace Prize Winner.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6' 0".
Centimeters: 183 cm.
Meters: 1.83 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 79 Kg.
Pounds: 174 lbs.
|Biceps Size||15.5 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-32-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||10.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: David Yrigoyen.
Mother: Barbara Yrigoyen.
|Denis Mukwege Wife & Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not Found.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Will update.|
|Highest Qualification||Degree in gynecology and obstetrics.|
|College/University||1. Medical College in Burundi.
2. the University of Angers.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Will Smith.
Actress: Julianne Moore.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading.
|Favorite Dishes||Italian Food.|
|Denis Mukwege Net worth|
|Net Asset||Approx. $13 million US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Will update soon.|
|Official Website||Not Available.
Facts about the Nobel Peace Prize Winner 2018
- He treated more than 85,000 women patients with complex gynecological damages.
- In September 2012, Denis gave a speech at the United Nations and also criticized the Congolese government.
- According to him, the government and also countries didn’t do much to stop the violence against women and rape.
- As per his wealth and earnings, the estimated Net worth of Denis Mukwege is around $13 million US Dollar, as of 2018.
- On October 25, 2012, four armed men attacked his residence.
- Later his guard intervened and was shot dead by the assassins.
- The 63-year-old Gynecologist exile in Europe and returned to Bukavu on January 14, 2013.
- Moreover, his patients arranged the return ticket by selling onions and pineapples.
- His hospital also received “Special Human Rights Prize 2007”.
- On January 23, 2018, his University where studied gave him an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Medicine, Angers (France).