Derek Chauvin (born in 1976) is an American Police Officer from Minneapolis (Minnesota, USA). He worked in the Minnesota police department. However, he removed from his job after the viral video scandal.
He kneeled a black man George Floyd on his neck on May 25, 2020. However, George died due to suffocation. The other officers with them were Thomas Lane, Tou Thao, and J. Alexander Kueng.
Furthermore, the incident occurred to arrest Floyd near the Powderhorn area. A bystander on the road recorded the video of the event. In the video, George requested the police officer to leave him, as he was unable to breathe.
Moreover, the recorded video widely circulated on social media platforms. Soon, the four officers fired from their job on May 26, 2020 (Tuesday). Demonstration and Protest began against the police officers. Meanwhile, The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is investigating the case.
The guilty police officer was born in 1976 (age 44 years old, as in 2020) in Minneapolis. Derek Chauvin’s mom and dad’s information is missing from his online bios on the internet.
He studied in high school and then joined the police academy for the training. Still, the details about his brothers and sisters kept secret.
Personal Life, Spouse Kellie Chauvin & Children
However, Police officer Derek Chauvin tied the knot in 2010 with his wife “Kellie Chauvin“. He confirmed his married relationship status. Kellie formerly worked as a radiologist. However, she was a refugee in Thailand.
His spouse faced domestic abuse in her first marriage. She has two sons George Xiong from her past relationship. Furthermore, she feels that her husband is a good person.
She won the Mrs. Minnesota beauty contest in 2019. She is working to support the Hmong community people as she belongs to the same community.
Derek and Kellie’s first meeting held at the Hennepin County Medical Center. He came to the hospital for the health check-up of a criminal before the arrest.
|Real Full Birth Name||Derek Chauvin.|
|Last Updated||28 May 2020 (©️ Copyright - dreshare.com)|
|Age (As of 2020)||44 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1976.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|In The News For||He kneeled George on his neck and killed him.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||NA.|
|House In||Minneapolis (Minnesota, USA).|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||33-30-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.5.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
Mother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married Since 2010.|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed.|
|Highest Qualification||College Degree Completed.|
|Alma Mater.||Police Academy.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Derek Chauvin
- George Floyd’s killer police officer, Derek earlier involved in the shooting cases of the police department.
- According to the police database, many complaints filed against him.
- People called him non-public and non-discipline.
- His attorney to support George’s case is Tom Kelly.
- Jacob Frey (Major) criticized the police officer’s actions in his interview.
- George’s death compared with Eric Garner (black man) death occurred in 2014.
- Still, people opposed the police actions; then, the officials used tear gas to stop the Protest.
- An unknown bystander recorded video and made it viral on Facebook.
- Derek Chauvin knelt the multiracial person’s neck for seven minutes resulted in his death on the roadside area.
- Medaria Arradondo (Minneapolis Police Chief) reacted on the case on May 26, 2020.
- The local people of the city started the Black Lives matter movement from May 26 in their areas.
- The protests continued in Los Angeles and Chicago. People started it peacefully and then turned violent.
- After the incident, The University of Minnesota limited its ties with the police department.
- Derek Chauvin’s spouse, Kellie Chauvin has also given her interview to the press and media upon the tragic death of George Floyd.
- George’s brothers and cousins gave their interview to CNN and demanded justice from the authorities.
- Meanwhile, Joe Bidden (Former Vice President) promised to take serious action on the death of the innocent person in the United States.
- In 2006, Derek shot a man Wayne Reyes along with other officers named Dante Dean, Shawn Kelly, and Terry Nutter. Wayne assaulted his girlfriend and ran from the police custody.
- CBS 2011 story describes his involvement in the Martinez shooting case. The incident occurred in the Little Earth residential community area. Furthermore, the officers named Derek, Steve Herron, Brandon Brugger, and Gwen Gutter acted courageously and smartly. Martinez took the pistol and ran away. The culprit died in the police encounter case.
- On May 27, 2020, the false details associated with Derek circulated on social media. His name connected with Donald Trump’s campaign. There is much fake news available on the internet concerned with the case.
- Andrea Jenkins (Minneapolis City Council) said that the community is in the trauma after the incident happened on May 25, 2020.
- Ilhan Omar (Minnesota Congressional representative) called for the federal investigation on George’s death. She felt bad after watching the man asking for help, and he was unable to breathe. The local people acted in cruelty and did not help the needy.