Deval Patrick (born July 31, 1956) is an American Politician, Author, Civil Rights Lawyer, and Businessman from Chicago, Illinois. He initially gained media attention after becoming the governor of Massachusetts.
The politician served as the 71st Governor of Massachusetts from 2007 to 2015. Furthermore, Patrick first elected for the post back in 2006 and succeeded Mitt Romney. As per the source, Deval created history after becoming the governor. He was the first Afro-American who held the prestigious post.
Earlier, the lawyer worked as the US Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division under Bill Clinton (former President) from 1994 to 1997. His main responsibilities were working towards racial profiling and police misconduct.
Moreover, Patrick began his career immediately after graduating from college. Initially, he practiced law with the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund. Later, Deval joined a Boston law firm and also became a partner at the age of 34.
Recently, on November 14, 2019, the ex-governor announced that he joined the race of 2020 Presidential Elections. Patrick officially became one of the candidates for President of the US in the 2020 U.S. presidential election.
Early Life, Parents & Education
Politician whose real full birth name is Deval Laurdine Patrick was born in the year of 1956 in Chicago, Illinois, United States (age 63 years old, as of 2019). Deval Patrick celebrates his birthday on the 31st of July.
His father, Laurdine Kenneth “Pat” Patrick Jr., was an American jazz musician and composer. Pat abandoned his wife and son in order to pursue his music career in New York City.
His mother “Emily Mae” raised him as a single parent. They lived for many months on welfare. The politician also has a half-sister named La’Shon Anthony from his dad’s side.
As of education, Deval attended Milton Academy after receiving a scholarship in the eighth grade. He completed his school studies in 1974 with excellent grades. Later, the business graduated from Harvard College in 1978.
He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, in English and American literature. During his college days, Patrick remained a member of the Fly Club. In 1979, the former governor enrolled Harvard Law School and bagged Juris Doctor Degree in 1982.
|Real Full Birth Name||Deval Laurdine Patrick.|
|Profession||Politician, Author, Civil Rights Lawyer, and Businessman.|
|Famous for||being the former governor of Massachusetts.|
|In the news for||Joins the race of 2020 Presidential Elections.|
|Age (As of 2018)||63 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||July 31, 1956.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Chicago, Illinois, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Leo.|
|House In||Milton, Massachusetts, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Highest Qualification||Juris Doctor.|
|Alma Mater.||1. Harvard College.
2. Harvard Law School.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 82 Kg.
Pounds: 181 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-34-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Pat Patrick.
Mother: Emily Mae.
|Siblings||Half-sister: La'Shon Anthony.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Names are not disclosed by him.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Diane Patrick.|
|Daughter||Katherine Patrick and Sarah Patrick.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Elvis Presley (American singer) and Charlize Theron (South African-American actress).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Favorite Color||Dark Blue.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$10-12 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||lavish house in Massachusetts.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Deval Patrick
- The 63-years-old Patrick is happily married to his wife “Diane Patrick” (lawyer) for more than 35 years. They tied the knot back in 1984.
- The couple also shares two children together i.e. two daughters named Katherine Patrick and Sarah Patrick.
- In July 2008, his child, Katherine announced that she is gay for the first time.
- During that time, Deval was also working against an amendment that would have banned same-sex marriage.
- After graduating with a bachelors’ degree, he spent a year working with the United Nations in Africa.
- While attending law college, the politician elected president of the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau.
- Deval Patrick’s height is 178 cm (5′ 10″ tall) and weighs around 181 lbs (82 kg).
- In 1981, Laurdine Patrick even won Best Oralist in the prestigious Ames Moot Court Competition.
- Later, he became a law clerk to Judge Stephen Reinhardt on the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit for one year.
- Deval is also working as a Managing Director in the private equity firm Bain Capital.
- According to Wikipedia, the politician also served as senior advisor to the Chicago Police Accountability Task Force.