Dia Mirza (born 9 December 1981) is an Indian Actress, Model, Producer, Social worker, and Miss Asia Pacific 2000 titleholder from Hyderabad. She started acting and made her debut with the film Rehna hai Tere Dil Mein (2001) directed by Gautham Menon.
After this, the 37-year-old Actress featured in many movies like Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. (2007), Tumsa Nahi Dekha (2004), Lage Raho Munnabhai (2006), Dus (2005), Shoot out at Lokhandwala (2007), Sanju (2018), Krazzy 4 (2008), and many more.
She itself owned a production house with her husband “Sahil Sangha” in 2011. Releasing “Love Breakups Zindagi” as the first film of their production house on October 7, 2011, which was directed, produced as well as written by her better half.
Early life, Parents, Siblings & Education
Bollywood Actress, Dia Mirza was born in 1981 (age 37 years old, as in 2018) in India. Her father Frank Handrich was the German graphic designer and an architect. Moreover, her Mother Deepa Mirza was an Interior designer who was Bengali.
Her dad Frank belongs to the Christian religion and German ethnicity. In addition, her mom Deepa follows Hinduism religion and from Bengali Caste.
Due to certain circumstances, her parents got Divorced. At that time Dia’s age was around four and a half years old. Further her mother married Ahmed Mirza who belongs to the Muslim community from Hyderabad. She got her last name from her stepfather. She doesn’t have any brother or sister and is the only girl child of her parents.
Mirza finished her Schooling from Nasr school in Khairatabad, initially before her mother divorce she attended Vidyaranya high school. After finishing school she goes to Stanley Junior college and after that completed her graduation in Bachelor of Arts from Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad.
She was the titleholder of Miss Asia Pacific in 2000 and was the 2nd runner up at Femina Miss India competition. She also won Miss Avon, Miss Beautiful Smile and Miss close up at this particular competition.
Personal Affairs, Boyfriend, Spouse & Divorce
Dia came into a relationship with her boyfriend Sahil Sangha, a well-known producer in the year 2009. In the year 2011, she opened her own production house named “Born Free Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.” with Sahil. After that in 2014, she decided to take her relationship with him to the next level and to get married.
On October 18, 2014, Dia Mirza tied a knot with husband Sahil Sangha. The type of wedding ceremony is Arya Samaj. This blissful occasion took place at the farmhouse of the groom at Chattarpur on the outskirts of Delhi. After the five successful years of their life, they don’t have kids yet.
August 1, 2019, is the day when Mrs. Sangha posted a picture of the sad note on her Instagram official written that after the 11 years of long relationship she is going to separate from her better half and will soon be divorced. That was the turning point in the life of two families.
Wiki & Bio
|Real Full Birth Name||Dia Mirza Handrich.|
|Nickname||Dia or Dee|
|Profession||Actress & Model.|
|Famous for||Acting and Miss Asia pacific 2000|
|Age (As of 2018)||37 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||9 December 1981|
|Social Media Account Stats||
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Sagittarius|
|Religion||Islam (Also follows Hinduism & Christianity).|
|Current Residence||Mumbai , Maharashtra , India|
|Television Shows||Ganga – The Soul of India|
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-26-34|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Parents||Father: Late Frank Handrich and Late Ahmed Mirza (Stepfather)
Mother: Deepa Mirza
Personal Life Relationship
|Boyfriend||Sahil Sangha (producer)|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Sahil Sangha (2014-2019)|
|Highest Qualification||Graduation in Bachelor of Arts|
|School||Vidyaranya high school
Nasr school in Khairatabad, Hyderabad
|Alma Mater.||Stanley Junior college, Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad.|
Likes, Dislikes & Hobbies
|Dream Holiday Destination||New York, Europe|
|Love to do||Meditation, Painting, Yoga, Reading, Horse riding.|
|Favorite Food||Stews, Broths, Gajar ka Halwa, Khubbani ka meetha, Khichdi|
|Net worth (approx.)||$2 million US Dollars or 14 crores INR.|
|Monthly Salary, Income & Earnings||Rs. 50 – 60 lakh INR Per Film.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Office:+91-22-XXXXXX16|
|Home Details||Not Available|
|Office Address||Born Free Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.|
|Official Website||[email protected]|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Dia Mirza
- Wikipedia: In the year 2000 fans see her first time in “Khoya Khoya Chand” with Akashdeep Saigal which was Babul Supriyo’s pop single titled song.
- Miss Asia Pacific didn’t smoke but it is not clear whether she consumes alcohol or not.
- Her father was German- Christian but her mother was Bengali Hindu.
- Dia worked part-time as a marketing executive during her college at Neeraj’s Multimedia Studio during that time her interest in modeling increased.
- Her mother was against her work during college and wants that her daughter should go to law college in Bangalore but her stepfather manages to convince her mother.
- She got engaged with Sahil on April 29, 2014.
- A grand reception party was hosted by her spouse on October 19, 2014.
- She is also known for her acting in the song “Bolo Na Tum Zara” with the co-actor Zayed Khan and the singers were Shaan and Shreya Ghoshal.
- Mirza’s Net worth is around 2 million U.S.D. and around 14 crores Indian rupees.
- She is also a social servicer and works towards charity, environment conservation also a member of the “Cancer Patients Aid Association”.
- One time Ambassador of Environment Goodwill by the U.N. In the year 2012 for the contribution towards a green environment she had been awarded the Green Award.
- Dia turned down for the role of Bruna Abdullah in the movie “I Hate Luv Stories (2010)” as she didn’t like to be branded as a guest actor.
- For writing social concerns she owns an official blog and writes about various issues on her own website.
- In the film sector, we can also see her as a co-producer of Bobby Jasoos (2014) featuring Vidya Balan, Ali Fazal an Arjan Bajwa.
- She openly declared about the Narmada Bachao Andolan together with Amir Khan and in the year 2017. Furthermore elected as the Brand Emissary of Wildlife Trust of India.
- Trapped in various controversies like in the year 2015 month of February a war of words held between her and BJP MP Meenakshi Lekhi. Over the issue of RSS chief Mohan Bagawat remarking that main reason behind the Mother Teresa service to the poor people was that of Christianity.
- In the year 2016 she faced much negative response because of a single tweet she posted on her Twitter account her motive was not wrong but the way was wrong.
- Hard Rock Cafe India in Mumbai is the favorite restaurant which is preferred by her for coffee.
- Usually, Baby Doll by YSL or Be Delicious by DKNY are the perfumes used by her to maintain the beautiful fragrance she had.
- Luxurious cars are her biggest love and she often owns a Lexus LX SUV which came with a starting price of 2.33 crores.
- Physique Measurements: Dia Mirza’s height is around 5 feet 5 inches tall which is approx 165 cm (1.65 m). She is having a lean body figure and weight is 53 kg that is 117 lbs.
- She kept herself busy in different acts or movements taken place for wildlife conservation especially about the tigers.
- On her Picture sharing platform, she often posted a picture of former Chief Minister of Delhi, Late Shri Sheila Dixit with the RIP note on July 20, 2019.
- She is also a Frontpage icon for the magazine Wedding times in which motivates the readers about being Earth-friendly.
Hot Pick: The Biography of Sangeeta Jaitley, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- Also participated in Juhu Beach cleanliness Act with several others in order to make Juhu beach clean and beautiful.
- She also works in an Indian web television series “Kaafir” which got a good response from the viewers exclusively on Zee 5.
- She was a mentor to North and South zone in Femina Miss India 2019 with the Neha Dhupia (Bollywood actress) who was from East and West zone.
- There was a rumor that the reason behind her Divorce was the illegal relation of Sangha with the Kanika Dhillon a well-known author. Later on, it was proved wrong by Kanika by sharing a tweet on her Twitter account.