Elizabeth Wurtzel (born July 31, 1967 – died January 7, 2020) was an American Journalist, Lawyer, and Author based in New York City (USA). She recognized for her bestselling memoir, “Prozac Nation.” Still, she never intended to be a lawyer.
Wurtzel took admission to Yale Law School. Later on, she started her intern career in the Dallas Morning News as a writer. She fired from her job for fabricating a quotation of an unpublished article.
Ms. Wurtzel regularly wrote the articles for The Wall Street Journal. Additionally, she created an article in The Guardian for the Israel-Gaza conflict. In 2015, she announced her breast cancer disease.
She battled from the illness for a long time. On January 7, 2020, she lost her life due to breast cancer complications and leptomeningeal disease. Before her death, she stayed in Manhattan.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
Elizabeth Lee Wurtzel took birth on the 31st of July 1967 and brought in New York City. Moreover, she is the child of Donald Wurtzel and Lynne Winters (Media Consultant). Her mom-dad divorced. Still, she struggled with depression.
She spent her childhood in the Upper East Side and went to the Ramaz School. Elizabeth completed her BA (Comparative Literature) from Harvard University. Then, she finished her JD from Yale Law School.
Personal Life, Spouse James Freed Jr. & Children
She met and fallen in love with James Freed Jr. (Novelist & Photo Editor). In September 2014, she engaged with him.
The couple married in May 2015. Elizabeth Lee Wurtzel revealed that she divorced her husband in 2019.
|Real Full Birth Name||Elizabeth Lee Wurtzel.|
|Profession||Journalist, Lawyer, and Author.|
|In The News For||She died in Manhattan on January 7, 2020.|
|Age (As of 2019)||52 years old.|
|Birth Date||July 31, 1967.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||New York City (USA).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Date of Death||January 7, 2020.|
|Place||Manhattan, New York.|
|House Location||New York, USA.|
|Cause||Leptomeningeal & breast cancer.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 121 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Donald Wurtzel.
Mother: Lynne Winters (Media Consultant).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Unmarried (m. 2015-div. 2019).|
|Dating History?||In a relationship with James.|
|Boyfriend/Fiancé||James Freed Jr.|
|Husband Name||James Freed Jr. (Novelist & Photo Editor).|
|Highest Qualification||1. BA (Comparative Literature) from the Harvard University.
2. JD from the Yale Law School.
|University/College||1. Harvard University.
2. Yale Law School.
|Net worth (approx.)||$500K US Dollars.|
|Income & Earnings||$80K-$90K.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Elizabeth Wurtzel
- She collected her law thesis and compiled in the book “Creatocracy” (2015).
- Moreover, she created her life story and published it in New York Magazine.
- She did her law internship at the Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr.
- However, she failed in the New York State Law Bar exam.
- In 2010, she approached to the Brennan Law Center blog for abolishing law examinations.
- Her book Bitch: In Praise of Difficult Women received mixed reviews from the New York Times.
- She accused of plagiarism by The Dallas Morning News and fired from the job.
- Meanwhile, she found some work in the New York Magazine and The New Yorker.
- She honored the Rolling Stone College Journalism Award (1986).
- How tall: Elizabeth Wurtzel’s height of 5 feet 6 inches helped her media career. Furthermore, her body weight is around 55 Kilograms.
- She followed the Jewish religion.
- Still, she received criticism on her writing from The Republic too.
- She earned around $500,000 US Dollars as her net worth. On the other hand, her income through her writing work is $80K – $90K US Dollars.