Elton John (born 25 March 1947) is a professional singer, composer, songwriter, and pianist from Pinner, Middlesex, England. He is also known as best-selling music artist because he sold 300 million and above records.
His song “Candle in the Wind 1997” is the bestselling song in England. The song sold over 33 million copies. John is considered to be the music icon of the 20th century.
He started his professional career from the year 1962. He became the president of the Watford Football Club two times from 1976-1987 and 1997-2002. He used to work as a songwriter before releasing his own album.
Alton wrote songs for the famous singer “Lulu” for two years. In the year 1970, he launched his first Album named “Empty Sky”.
On 16 February 2020, Sunday night, when Elton John was performing the show in Auckland, New Zealand, his health suddenly deteriorated. Later they find out that he was suffering from walking pneumonia.
He postponed his schedule. He posted on his social media accounts saying that I am sorry that I left the concert in the middle, I did not want to do it at all but the disease walking pneumonia forced me to do it. I will do the concert again for all of you
Biography, Childhood, Family, Siblings & Education
John came to this world on Tuesday, March 25, 1947, in Pinner town in Middlesex, England. His real birth name is Reginald Kenneth Dwight. In February 2020, Elton John’s age is 72 years old.
He belongs to the Christian religion. His father “Stanley Dwight” was a member of the Royal Air Force. John did not get along with his father at all. Actually his father did not like his mother at all.
That is why in the year 1956, his father divorced his mother. After the divorce, he lived with his mother named “Sheila Eileen Dwight”.
In 1970, his father remarried. Elton has for siblings from his dad’s second marriage named Geoff Dwight, Stan Dwight, Simon Dwight, and Robert Dwight. He did his primary education from Pinner Wood Junior School.
After that, he joined Reddiford School. John attended Pinner County Grammar School for higher education but he left the school at the age of 17 to run his house.
He was interested in music from the beginning. He grew up by listing the rock and pop songs. Elton started writing at a very early age. He joined a music group named Bluesology. Then he joined the “Royal Academy of Music” to know more about music.
Physical Stats, Height, Weight, Lifestyle & More
The 72-year-old man lives a lavish life with his family in a luxury house situated in woodside of Old Windsor, Berkshire, England. John takes care of his health very well. He prefers yoga instead of gyming. Elton John is average 5 ft 7½ in (171.5 cm) tall in height.
He follows a full nutrition diet to keep his body fit and active. Even at the age of 72, he has a great passion. His weight is 80 kilograms (in pounds 176).
He is fond of goggles and even wears matching glasses with his outfit. But his favorite is orange shaded goggles. He has light brown hair and grey eyes.
Personal Life, Spouse & Children
The British singer married twice. In the year 1960, he has an affair with his girlfriend named “Linda Woodrow”. He got engaged with her in the same year. After that, he broke up with Linda and focuses on his career.
In 1976, Elton John confirmed himself as a bi-sexual on the national television interview with Rolling Stone. On 14 February 1984, John got married to his first wife named “Renate Blauel”. Renate is the German record engineer.
After 4 years, in 1988, his attitude changed completely towards his wife and he gave divorce to her. In the year 1993, he started dating “David Furnish”, who is a filmmaker and producer. The couple did their gay marriage on 21 December 2005 at Windsor Guildhall under the Civil Partnership Act.
The couple blessed with their elder child named “Zachary Furnish-John” on 25 December 2010 with a proxy mother. After that, he welcomed his second son “Elijah Furnish-John” on 11 January 2013 with the same surrogate mom. Both of them live a happy married life.
Some Lesser Known Facts about Elton John
|Real Full Birth Name||Reginald Kenneth Dwight.|
|Stage Name||Sir Elton Hercules John.|
|Profession||singer, songwriter, pianist, and composer.|
|Famous for||The Elton John Band.|
|Age (As of 2019)||72 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||25 March 1947.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Pinner, Middlesex, England.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Gay.|
|House Location||Old Windsor, Berkshire, England.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7½".
Centimeters: 171.5 cm.
Meters: 1.71 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 80 Kg.
Pounds: 176 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.|
|Hair Color||Light Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Stanley Dwight.
Mother: Sheila Eileen Dwight.
|Siblings||1. Geoff Dwight.
2. Stan Dwight.
3. Simon Dwight.
4. Robert Dwight.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Spouses||Wife: Renate Blauel (1984-1988).
Husband: David Furnish (2014- Present).
|Kids||1. Zachary Furnish-John.
2. Elijah Furnish-John.
|Social media||Twitter: @eltonofficial (859.6k + followers).
Instagram: @eltonjohn (2.6 million + followers).
Youtube: Self-titled (1.55 million + subscriber).
|Highest Qualification||College Degree Completed.|
|School||1. Pinner Wood Junior School.
2. Reddiford School.
3. Pinner County Grammar School.
|Alma Mater||Royal Academy of Music.|
|Career & Wealth|
|Awards||1. Best Original Song for (I'm Gonna) Love Me Again in 2020.
2. Best Original Song for Can You Feel the Love Tonight in 1995.
3. Best British Male Awards in 1986.
4. Outstanding Contribution to Music Award in 1986.
5. Freddie Mercury Award in 1998.
6. Brits Icon Award in 2013.
7. Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal for That's What Friends Are For in 1987.
8. Best Instrumental Composition Award for Basque in 1992.
9. Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for Can You Feel the Love Tonight in 1995.
10. Grammy Legend Award in 1999.
11. Best Song Musically and Lyrically for Daniel in 1974.
12. International Achievement in Musical Theater in 2000.
13. Special Recognition Award in 1987.
14. Best Hair for This Train Don't Stop There Anymore in 2002.
15. Best Adult Contemporary Video for Original Sin in 2003.
16. International Song of the Year for Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word in 2003.
17. Best Original Musical Score for Aida in 2000.
|Filmography||Born to Boogie, US (1972).
Tommy, UK (1975) as Pinball Wizard.
The Muppet Show (1978) (season 2).
Elton John: Tantrums & Tiaras (1997).
South Park (1998).
The Simpsons (1998).
The Road to El Dorado (2000).
The Country Bears, US (2002).
Elton John: Me, Myself & I (2007).
The American Epic Sessions (2017).
Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017).
CBeebies Bedtime Stories (2020).
|Discography||1. Empty Sky (1969).
2. Elton John (1970).
3. Tumbleweed Connection (1970).
4. Madman Across the Water (1971).
5. Honky Château (1972).
6. Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player (1973).
7. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973).
8. Caribou (1974).
9. Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy (1975).
10. Rock of the Westies (1975).
11. Reg Strikes Back (1988).
12. Sleeping with the Past (1989).
13. The One (1992).
14. Made in England (1995).
15. The Big Picture (1997).
16. Songs from the West Coast (2001).
17. Peachtree Road (2004).
18. The Captain & the Kid (2006).
19. The Diving Board (2013).
20. Wonderful Crazy Night (2016).
21. Blue Moves (1976).
22. A Single Man (1978).
23. Victim of Love (1979).
24. 21 at 33 (1980).
25. The Fox (1981).
26. Jump Up! (1982).
27. Too Low for Zero (1983).
28. Breaking Hearts (1984).
29. Ice on Fire (1985).
30. Leather Jackets (1986).
|Net worth (approx.)||$550 million US dollars (as in 2020).
Career, Wealth & Net worth
The famous singer starts his music career in the year 1960. Firstly he used to write songs for other artists. After that, in the year 1970, he released his first album Empty Sky. he rose in fame through this album. He sang so many hits songs. His all songs are featured on the US Billboard.
Apart from playback singing, he also performed live stage shows. He formed his own self-titled band. He performed many live shows. In the year 1974, he launched his first single “Caribou”.
After that, he made so many hits singles. John was honored with so many awards including Grammy awards for his voice and talent.
If we talk about his wealth, Elton John is the 322nd wealthiest person in Britain with a Net worth of $550 million (as in 2020).
He has a luxurious house and more than 5 supreme high-class cars. Elton also works in many Hollywood films like Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Nashville, The Simpsons, etc.
- In the year 1986, he joined the AIDS foundation.
- Elton John was the first rock performer who performed in countries like Israel and the USSR.
- On 5 September 1997, he tribute “Princess Diana” with his song Candle in the Wind.
- He joined Royal Music Academy at the age of 11 to polish his rock music.
- Elton is addicted to alcohol and drugs.
- John has a disease of epilepsy.
- He is the holder of 5 social media accounts.
- On 4 April 2019, he posted a picture on his Instagram account with Youtube Golden Button for one million subscribers.
- He is also the owner of the chic Sunset Strip restaurant.
- Elton calls his friend Rod Stewart as Phyllis.