Renate Blauel (born March 01, 1953) is a German-born British Recording Engineer and Celebrity Former Partner from Berlin. She is best known as the second spouse of Elton John who is a popular English singer.
He also works as a pianist, songwriter, and composer in his successful career. Furthermore, John is highly regarded as one of the best-selling music artists. His more than fifty songs bagged top positions on US Billboard Hot 100 as well as Top 40 hits in the UK Singles Chart.
The singer has worked with Bernie Taupin (English singer, lyricist, and poet) most of his life. Moreover, in 1969, Elton’s debut album “Empty Sky” came out. His next self-entitled studio album became a huge hit and produced songs like Your Song.
Some of his notable works are Songs from the West Coast, Made in England, Aida, The Lion King, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy, Billy Elliot the Musical, etc.
Married Life, Spouse Elton John & Children
Renate Blauel tied the knot with her husband “Sir Elton Hercules John” on February 14, 1984, in Darling Point, Sydney. Earlier, John married his first girlfriend “Linda Woodrow” who worked as his secretary.
He also wrote a song for her named “Someone Saved My Life Tonight”. In 1970, the composer began his gay relationship with the boyfriend “John Reid” (former manager of a rock band Queen).
However, their love life ended after dating each other for five years. After marrying Renate, the couple gained huge controversy as many media companies claimed that Sir Elton wedded her in order to hide his homosexuality.
In addition, the artist also came out as bisexual back in 1976 during his interview with a big publication firm. The 66-years-old Blauel and John divorced each other in November 1988. They do not share any children together.
The recording engineer received £5 million British Pounds as a divorce settlement. Then, Elton John’s spouse went on to live in a country house in Surrey which was also purchased by Elton.
As per the source, she lived in the UK until the early 2000s. Renate returned to Germany in order to take care of her parents. But there are no details about her as of February 2020.
|Real Full Birth Name||Renate Blauel.|
|Famous for||being the second spouse of Elton John who is a popular English singer.|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||66 years old.|
|Date of Birth||March 01, 1953.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Pisces.|
|Current Residence||Surrey, England, the UK.|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Centimeters: 165 cm.
Meters: 1.65 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 64 Kg.
Pounds: 141 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||38-32-40.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend, Elton John.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Sir Elton Hercules John (m. 1984 - div. 1988).|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Not known.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Freddie Mercury (lead vocalist of the rock band Queen).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Miami, Florida.|
|Favorite Color||Dark Blue.|
|Love to do||Reading and Cooking.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||£5 million British Pounds (as of 2020).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Renate Blauel
- Renate Blauel took birth to her mom & dad in 1953 (age 66 years, as in 2019) in Berlin, Germany. She celebrates her birthday on the 1st of March and her zodiac sign is Pisces.
- Elton John’s wife used to work as a sound technician or tape operator.
- She first met Elton back in 1983 in London, England when he was working on his album called Too Low for Zero.
- At that time, Renate wanted to become a record producer.
- The engineer also joined him in his tour in Australia for Too Low for Zero album as a close friend.
- In fact, the couple went on a dinner date in an Indian restaurant on February 10, 1983. There Elton John proposed her for marriage.
- They became engaged in a private ceremony the following day.
- The singer’s friend Bernie Taupin told the paparazzi that John saw the wedding as a means to start a family.
- The former pair’s wedding ceremony held at St Mark’s Anglican Church in Darlinghurst, a suburb of Sydney, Australia.
- Her former spouse later began a romantic relationship with his beau David Furnish after divorcing Blauel in 1993.
- David worked as an advertising executive and now he is a filmmaker.
- Furthermore, they were one of the first couples to form a civil partnership in the United Kingdom.
- After gay marriage became legal in the UK in 2014, John and Furnish married each other on 21 December 2014.
- Moreover, they have two sons named Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John (b. 25 December 2010) and Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John (b. 11 January 2013). They took birth from the same surrogate mother.
- Renate’s former partner also has 10 godchildren, including Brooklyn Beckham and Romeo Beckham.
- In the 2019 movie Rocketman, her character was played by actress Celinde Schoenmaker.