Emma Boettcher (born in 1992) is an American Librarian, and Professional Gambler from Chester County, USA. In fact, she is the resident librarian at the University of Chicago since 2016. Emma received the user experience in her job. Additionally, her job includes different methods like focus, sorting cards, evaluate library web interface and think aloud usability.
She conducted the interviews to appoint the staff. Moreover, she prepares the report through Google analytics. Recently, Ms. Boettcher defeated James Holzhauer in the “Jeopardy” game in the June 3, 2019 episode. She ended the streak within the 32 games. Furthermore, Boettcher won the prize money of $2,464,216.
She planned a bold strategy against her competitor. On the other hand, James is a professional gambler based in Las Vegas. In 74-winning streak, he could not compete with Ken Jennings record. Actually, the amount falls short by $58, 484.
Finally, Emma is in the final round ahead of James with $26,000 USD. Mr. Holzhauer’s money won is $23,400 US Dollars.
She planned to find about the daily doubles on the board. Meanwhile, she played the jeopardy with full confidence. One decision of getting the daily double changed her destiny. She went ahead of James.
Early Life, Profile & Parents
This Jeopardy Champion, Emma Boettcher was born in 1992 in Chester County, Pennsylvania (United States). Actually, her present age is 27 years old. She lived with her mom-dad in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Emma is the talented child of Kevin Boettcher (father) and Kristine Krenzke Boettcher (mother). Additionally, her sister’s name has not known now. Most of her family is currently in Storm Lake, Iowa.
In 2010, she successfully got the admission in the Princeton University. Then, Emma graduated with a degree in English Language/Literature. Then, she earned her Master Degree in Information Sciences at the University of North Carolina.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Emma Boettcher.|
|Profession||Jeopardy Gambler & Librarian.|
|Famous for||Won the Jeopardy game of 3rd June by defeating James Holzhauer.|
|Age (As of 2019)||27 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1992.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Iowa, United States.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram:
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||NA.|
|Current Residence||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (USA).|
|Job Roles||1. Resident Librarian, University of Chicago.
2. Librarian, University of North Carolina.
3. Internship, Duke University.
4. Circulation Assistant, Orange County Public Library.
5. Product owner at FOLIO.
|Awards||1. Won Dean’s Achievement Award and Elfreda Chatman Research Award (2015) for her “J! Archive” thesis.
2. Defeated James Holzhauer in the Jeopardy game (2019).
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||32-25-32.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Kevin Boettcher.
Mother: Kristine Krenzke Boettcher.
Sister: One Sister (Name Not Known).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Highest Qualification||1. Degree in English Language/Literature from Princeton University.
2. Master in Information Science degree from University of North Carolina.
|School||High School, Philadelphia.|
|Alma Mater.||1. Princeton University.
2. University of North Carolina.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Dwayne Johnson.
Actress: Emma Stone.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Germany.|
|Love to do||Traveling, Playing Jeopardy & Reading Books.|
|Favorite Food||Mexician Dishes.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$60K US Dollars.|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||$10K USD.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Not Known.|
|Home Details||House in Philadelphia, USA.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Emma Boettcher
- Emma did her internship as a librarian in the Duke University.
- Moreover, she worked for the University of North Carolina.
- She was the former Circulation Assistant at the Orange County Public Library.
- In fact, she is the Part-time product owner of FOLIO since 2018.
- The organization supports to provide loans and conduct group discussions related to different subjects matter.
- In the Princeton University, she could not win the “Jeopardy’s” College Championship.
Explore More: The Biography of Kanghua Ren, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- One of her friends Theresa O’Shea cheered for her in the competition.
- She told that Emma is a perfect and extremely intelligent person.
- Additionally, she wrote the thesis “J! Archive” in Princeton.
- The 27-year-old awarded Dean’s Achievement Award and Elfreda Chatman Research Award for her work.
- Meanwhile, she created the tips and tricks for the fact-finding question in the Jeopardy game.